Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid

Followers 1

10 hours ago, milka said:

Yeah this match vs Real  have same vibe like  this from 2009 vs Barce...... Ovrebo .

no more of that shit pls, my heart will not stand for that bs

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you okay man ? 

Jesus christ. It is the same on the other forum. People taking shots at Lamps and rightly so people are coming in and hitting out against those who are taking shots at him. Lamps regardless of what he

Top ref. CL final last season. He was ref in Chelsea : Atletico 2:0 and we got away with clear pen from Azpi. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Ramos did not play since March 16th. He may be fit, but fit to start? In what condition? 

Mendy is in better shape, last game mid April.

Kova is also out.

Edited by NikkiCFC
  • Like 1

I fully expect this to be the starting 11 with everyone fit. And I do think this team is good enough to get a clean sheet or score, if needed.

Mendy
Christensen - Silva - Rüdiger
Azpi - Kante - Jorginho - Chilwell
Mount - Pulisic
Havertz

• Like 1

I kinda like Werner in the team just to keep the Madrid line from pushing too high. We are going into the match with an advantage. If Madrid don't score they are out and we have played really well defensively lately. 

The best thing we can do is to cause gaps between their lines, Werner's pace keeps the cbs back with gives their midfield a dilemma. Push up and support the attackers press? If we can beat their first line and get the ball into pulisic/mounts feet they will repeatedly dribble pass Modric and Kroos as they did in the first leg. That's because the cbs left substantial space behind the midfield. 

If the midfielders instead choose to sit deeper then Madrid's press will be ineffective as they'll be outnumbered. We will be able to keep the ball relatively comfortably- which is good for us. 

32 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ramos did not play since March 16th. He may be fit, but fit to start? In what condition? 

Mendy is in better shape, last game mid April.

Kova is also out.

I don't want to jinx at all, AT ALL, but it reminds me of Hazard and Eto'o being pushed back from their injuries to face Atletico in the 2nd leg of the semis back in 2014, but how bad and not up to it they were...

Real Madrid confirm an adductor injury to Raphael Varane which is set to rule him out of Wednesday’s #UCL

UEFA_ChampionsLeague_20_21.png

semifinal. Sergio Ramos could return from injury to face Chelsea but has only played 125 minutes for Real Madrid since the middle of January.

Given Real Madrids form and injury concerns I have a really good feeling about Wednesday. I know its Real Madrid, but this time there is no Ronaldo to bail them out. Apart from the lucky Benzema goal they didn´t get a sniff at our goal in the first leg. We also rested some of our key players on Saturday, while they only rested Kroos and Modric. If our defence stays stable we will progress. 

This is a big game for both clubs. I expect every RM player to lay out everything for this game. I expect the same from our squad. This is why this sport is so great, at this level both teams can raise up. I hope we destroy them, but I expect a battle.

Posted (edited)

Could it be Werner's problem is that he has short legs ?
Do you remember other shorties in English football ? I vaguely remember Francis Lee in the seventies who was a Manchester City player. Archie Gemmil also but he played in a different position. Any others ?
Abraham as you may have noticed has the opposite problem. His centre of gravity is a bit high and he cannot control well as a result.

Edited by cosmicway

Hope Tuchel is wary about Real Madrid's corner kick strategy. Felt it was the only way they hurt us last week and they did it again against Osasuna and could of had a hattrick of goals just off of corners. 

Posted (edited)

Should wary the most for Benzema, without him Madrid's attack are toothless.

Edited by Blues Forever
On 02/05/2021 at 08:16, NikkiCFC said:

Ofc Jorginho will start. But also Pulisic and Azpi. Why do you think they were rested? 

Christian Pulisic should start in the 1st 11. Mateo Kovacic is back in training.
https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2021/05/03/tuchel-to-make-late-call-on-duo-with-doubts-and-preferred-strike

• Jase changed the title to Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid