Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea

Followers 0

19 hours ago, chippy said:

I'm actually quite relaxed about this game, more to than I was for the game against West Ham.

In previous years, when we got this far it was nothing more than what was expected from us. Losing a CL SF back then really, really hurt. 

Of course, I'll be disappointed if we go out, but not like previous years, because really, if we're being honest, this current team isn't top four in Europe level. Its a big bonus for us  jusr being in it at this stage and anything more would be an amazing, extra bonus. So yeah, for a nice change, i can just sit back and enjoy this one 

Well put

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

anyone who doesn't rate Mount is a fucking git

Kante was superhuman tonight

fucking Drogba was a BEAST

Posted Images

Mendy 

James azpi silva Rudiger Chilwell is assured 

(Though tbh I kinda want Alonso to start for an extra man in the box and free kick danger. Plus you know he's gonna let fly against his old club lol) 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I actually think TT has quite the selection dilemma in defense. All of our CB’s have been playing so well it all comes down to his tactical game plan. Does he think we’ll have the lions share of possession? Then AC may make sense with Azpi as a wing back like he was against WH. Could be why he trailed that system. Does he think we’ll be under siege and need an aerial threat on set pieces to try to pinch an away goal? Then Zouma may start.

Will be very interesting which way he goes. Likewise whether we go false 9 with Havertz, Werner up top, or he surprises everyone and starts Oli to catch them off guard.

Tuchel said he played 3 CBs at the back against West Ham because of their aerial threat and he put Azpi at RWB because of his experience and that he's the captain. Do Real Madrid possess a big aerial threat?

Am sure it's also not lost on Tuchel that Azpi got done several times pace wise when he had to defend against West Ham. 

Pulisic has to play; havertz cannot. Would like to see us go for the win and start CHO as RWB - both Azpi and James are subpar options right now

1 hour ago, Supermonkey said:

Mendy 

James azpi silva Rudiger Chilwell is assured 

(Though tbh I kinda want Alonso to start for an extra man in the box and free kick danger. Plus you know he's gonna let fly against his old club lol) 

Chilwell is better than Alonso all over the pitch except maybe in the opposition box. I wouldn't risk Alonso's slowness in this game at all if possible.

Mendy ;  Azpilicueta - Thiago Silva - Rudiger ;   James-Jorginho-Kante-Chilwell ,  Pulisic-Mount-Werner

Courtois - Carvajal - Varane-Nacho -Marcelo - Kroos - Modric- Casemiro - Asensio - Benzema - Vinicius 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Patrick Bamford said:

10 hours to go. Can't wait! 

Remember our last CL semi-final? 

We lost, but I really miss this nights. 

I was there that night. Great atmosphere. Even though we lost it really was a top night at the Bridge.

• Like 3

honestly dont know what to expect. they are probably better, and a bit underrated i would say. slowly starting to get nervous and i wasnt nervous since munich

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

that should motivate us even more 💪

This meme doesn’t even make sense. Real Madrid we’re the biggest proponents of the Super League and we’re the most desperate to form it due to their colossal debt. If anything, the world should be cheering for us to win, not RM.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This meme doesn’t even make sense. Real Madrid we’re the biggest proponents of the Super League and we’re the most desperate to form it due to their colossal debt. If anything, the world should be cheering for us to win, not RM.

It makes sense when you read other PL club sites and they are all cheering for RM to win. They do not want to see Chelsea have a better season than their club.

• Like 1

Really not sure what to make of tonight's game.

One side of me feels this Madrid side are there for the taking. An ageing side that could take us lightly and be shocked and overwhelmed as a result. The ease in which we dispatched Atletico and hammered Sevilla earlier in the season asks questions over the quality in La Liga, and there's question marks over how good their Liverpool win was given the wretched form they've been in this calendar year.

However this is a wily, seasoned group of players. We know how important that experience can be when you reach the latter stages. That big game experience and know-how is a big worry.

• Like 1

This game will be absolute shithousery from us, especially in attack, but hoping we can take our chances when they come 

Have faith folks, no one expected us to reach this stage so we will take it as it comes, if anything else its a great experience and learning curve for the team. Have faith.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It makes sense when you read other PL club sites and they are all cheering for RM to win. They do not want to see Chelsea have a better season than their club.

Tbf I feel the sake when we're out of it lol. Sod that support the English sides crap..nope!! Dont want them winning it if we cant

• Like 1

Oh dear. Azpi at RWB. This could be a long night for him.

Edited by DDA
  • Jas changed the title to Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea