Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 0-0 Brighton

Followers 0

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We were at the center of a real shit storm yesterday. I can forgive the performance yesterday. We have been looking better lately. We are in the top 4 and have a chance to win the CL. I can wait to see if he makes the attack better after a true off season and pre-season. I still like what I see with Tuchel.

We have been looking better lately? Defensively, we are generally still fine. Offensively, we are still inconsistent. One game we look good, the next we look crap. 

Look back at our last 7 games - Sheffield United, WBA, Porto, Palace, Porto, Man City, Brighton - and tell me if our performances were consistent across the board.

Off season? Pre-season? Have people forgotten about Euro 2020 this summer? The Premier League next season will start 1 month after the end of the Euros and say if 2 teams that heavily feature our players - e.g. England and Germany - go all the way to the final, then those players will likely not have pre-season at all because they might well get something like 3 weeks off and just 1 week to prep for the new season. And IF we win the FA Cup, we will have the Community Shield a week before the league starts.

Right now, the only players that will be around for pre-season are Azpi, Alonso, Pulisic and Ziyech. Kepa, Gilmour and CHO may be around if they aren't called to the Euros while Silva could be available if he does get that contract extension. So, that's only 4-8 players. Am assuming Caballero will leave once his contract expires.

I can't remember what happened in pre-season in 2018 after the World Cup but this is not ideal after the lack of pre-season last summer.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The timing is terrible. all the players now have their heads in the clouds... should i leave the club so i can sitll play the world cup? do we even need to win this? why the f did they not simply

Ed Woodward resigns as Manchester United chairman

Whole point of announcing super league was to make Liverpool drop points and then blow it off just in time for our game lol

I do think our defense and midfield has had significant improvement. When I say midfield, I am talking about being very organized and not just winging it or hoofing it up the field. Our attack has been dreadful. I never watched PSG so I don't know if it relied on individual brilliance, or if it was very methodical in its approach? I get what you are saying about Euros and I honestly had not thought about that.

• Jas changed the title to Chelsea 0-0 Brighton