Chelsea 0-1 Porto

Followers 0

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As for the game it was the most comfortable second leg of a CL tie you could wish for. Excellent game management.

Yep, even if we don't win it puts our name firmly back on the map. On another note how much better is it having these runs knowing we have one in the bank already?

Why do so many people act like two games are the same? We won this tournament the same season McLeish and Pardew won at The Bridge ffs.

Mendy

Dave AC Rudi

James Jorgi Kante Alonso

Ziyech Werner 

Giroud

Just control the game and do not do anything stupid and we should get through.

Same lineup as against CP except James for CHO for defensive stability and Kante for Kova bc of injury. FA cup not important given our position in UCL and the league; we were dreadful in the first leg and need to score first to seal it off

Edited by DANILA
14 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Same lineup as against CP except James for CHO for defensive stability and Kante for Kova bc of injury. FA cup not important given our position in UCL and the league; we were dreadful in the first leg and need to score first to seal it off

While it was far from a vintage performance dreadful is a wild exaggeration.

• Like 1

Today is the first day of Ramadan. So if Mendy or Kante make stupid errors and have concentration issues we know its bc they have torched some brain cells by needlessly dedydrating themselves. Darwin would have rejoiced. 

Edited by Magic Lamps
4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Today is the first day of Ramadan. So if Mendy or Kante make stupid errors and have concentration issues we know its bc they have torched some brain cells by needlessly dedydrating themselves. Darwin would have rejoiced. 

They don't fast. They give to charity instead. 

• Thanks 2
Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Relieved to hear that. Charity is always a good idea. Always remember how Liverpool shat away the CL final 2018 partly due to fasting.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Relieved to hear that. Charity is always a good idea. Always remember how Liverpool shat away the CL final 2018 partly due to fasting.

Not entirely sure any Muslim footballer fasts during the season. Football is their profession and they need to take care of their body. Fasting takes a massive toll on that. It's well known in Islam that if you are unable to fast, you must give to charity instead. 

I'd be surprised if Tuchel rotates as much as some of the predicted line-ups here. 

27 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

now if we could only get these so-called xian RW'ers to do the same! (they are supposed to fast at times as well)

Edited by Vesper

Not nervous at all.. I think the boys will nail it without stress.

Anyways, if we fuck up against Porto starting from 0-2 then we shouldn’t face Real Madrid.

• Like 1

I am nervous. This is a different team than what we played last week. A team that has scoring players back. A team that has nothing to lose. I hope we absorb what is thrown at us, but it is not a cake walk. 

STARTING XI:
Mendy
James
Azpilicueta
Silva
Rudiger
Chilwell
Kante
Jorginho
Pulisic
Mount
Havertz

SUBS:
Kepa
Caballero
Christensen
Zouma
Hudson-Odoi
Alonso
Emerson
Werner
Abraham
Giroud
Ziyech

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Would've rather that front three was rested for City. 

I think the plan was always to unleash Werner's pace against them.

I imagine Tuchel feels they are going to come at us and we can get behind them with that attacking three. I love he is not looking at this from just trying to hold a 2 point lead.

Adds fuel to the idea he values CL more than top 4. In reality I think he values both.

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I think the plan was always to unleash Werner's pace against them.

But wouldn't of it made more sense to utilise Werner today instead of City?

• Jase changed the title to Chelsea 0-1 Porto