Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Crystal Palace 1-4 Chelsea

Followers 0

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Same front 3 and Callum at RWB v Porto please TT. 

Nah, we have two goals. No way is he playing CHO at RWB because if Porto get one early the nerves will kick in. James will start 100%. CHO could start against City though depending on how brave TT wants to be. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's been signs for a few weeks that our forwards were slowly starting to play their way into form and it appears to be truly happening at the perfect time. If we have Pulisic on the restart f

We play so much better without Werner

As much as I love Reece and he’s 100% our best 2 way fullback, CHO offers a whole different level of attacking threat in the open field. What let’s him down is his final ball. Ironically, if Callum ha

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

New striker? What new striker?

City this season and Liverpool of the last few years show if you put an appropriate player at F9 it can be devastating.. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Christensen got injured, I think. Wasn't in the squad at all.

Zouma has 5 league goals this season, our joint-second top scorer. lol

I would like to think Zouma would have been in the central defender in that back three regardless.

As Souness said.. all we need is one big time striker and we are going to be a real force challenging for CL and Prem. 

Haaland would take us to the top.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Not sure why Souness keeps saying that Havertz goal was just down to bad goalkeeping, and nothing to do with his finish. Does he have an agenda?

Whats the bet he wouldnt say that if he played for pool

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, DDA said:

As Souness said.. all we need is one big time striker and we are going to be a real force challenging for CL and Prem. 

Haaland would take us to the top.

Yeah, for sure. A 20 goal a season striker and we're pretty much set. All we need after that would be a non-funsized CM. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Zouma has 5 league goals this season, our joint-second top scorer. lol

Same as who?  😙

• Like 1
1 minute ago, King Kante said:

Nah, we have two goals. No way is he playing CHO at RWB because if Porto get one early the nerves will kick in. James will start 100%. CHO could start against City though depending on how brave TT wants to be. 

I dont see why not though? Tuchel isn’t going to let us sit off and just settle for a 0-0 its not his nature to play for draws. 

If we play like we did today, having Callum at RWB could be more fruitful than having James in to be honest. Both good players and good options but I think Porto are going to have to come at us as they did at times in the first leg so there will be gaps and having Callum in definitely bears more of a threat than James does in an attacking sense because he can go at players. James offers more defensive security to be fair but I think at 2-0 up if we play anything like today, we will be fine.

I was concerned if it was a poor performance today going into it that we would find it more difficult as shown last week after WBA.

Either way Pulisic has to play at all costs. Another timely reminder than without the injuries he is probably still our best attacking player considerably.

Front three of Mount, Pulisic and Havertz are all aged between 21 and 22. The current quality and potential is frightening.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Stats said:

Front three of Mount, Pulisic and Havertz are all aged between 21 and 22. The current quality and potential is frightening.

And CHO just 20.

19 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, for sure. A 20 goal a season striker and we're pretty much set. All we need after that would be a non-funsized CM. 

If we are to persist with this formation an elite CB and CM are still needed along with a ST. 

We all trusting Kepa to take over Mendy whilst he's in AFCON?

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We all trusting Kepa to take over Mendy whilst he's in AFCON?

I do. 3 games, 3 clean sheets under Tuchel. Was very good under Sarri. Only bad under Frank. 

Not only in terms of 2nd keeper, I think he can have great career. Probably somewhere else tho.

Alisson and Ederson make stupid mistakes very often.

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I do. 3 games, 3 clean sheets under Tuchel. Was very good under Sarri. Only bad under Frank. 

Not only in terms of 2nd keeper, I think he can have great career. Probably somewhere else tho.

That's assuming Kepa even wants to stay as the 2nd choice. He could ask for a loan or something.

9 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

So keeping clean sheets against two potentially relegated premier league clubs and Championship club Barnsley enough to completely disregard the fact Kepa is a horrid shot stopper and poor at commanding his box? 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Azul said:

Really enjoyed the way we played this game. Refreshing to see nice football.

This!

Give my MOM to Mount.Would have been Kai, had he put away a couple more of his chances. Puli was tops too. Only slight disappointment was CHO. Did quite well but again he lacked end product.

Grim being a Palace fan putting up with this shit year after year.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Jason said:

New striker? What new striker?

Great thing about Havertz is before every game I feel he can score like 2 goals easily. Dont have that feeling with other players.

It looks so natural to him. Had hettrick earlier in the season, against Everton, Leeds and today he could easily scored 2 or more goals.

Just need to be more clinical. He gives me Cristiano vibes. This is I think his future. He can be that crazy goalscorer. In Bayer he scored 20 and 18 goals last 2 season. Still just 21yo.

• Jas changed the title to Crystal Palace 1-4 Chelsea