• Emerson (sub)
    • Chilwell (sub)

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simeone cry me a river. ūüėāMoaning about elbow into Rudi - remember your tangle with Beckham ? karma mate, karma.¬†

It's almost as if rotating him adequately and sparing his energy for suitable games was the way forward.

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Simeone with the mind games...

I'm optimistic for this one. I can not see us conceding against them, especially when we are in the lead. They're going to have to play attacking football, which is something that Simeone's team is not used to. 

That Giroud goal was truly a blessing.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Simeone with the mind games...

He can go stuff himself, such cheap tactics will not work. Our players and manager will be up for this.

Silva and Abraham still out. Jorginho and Mount of course are suspended.

Everyone else available.

Our pressing is not as good without Mount. I'm not saying it becomes bad, but Mount is an animal out there. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Our pressing is not as good without Mount. I'm not saying it becomes bad, but Mount is an animal out there. 

Thought it looked pretty good against Everton. If anything, without Mount we lose a lot of control in midfield given Jorginho and Kante's limitations. 

That's why if Mount isn't in the team, Kovacic should be. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

The club will be streaming the first 15 minutes of today's training session LIVE at around 5pm UK time...

I don't expect Simeone to play very attacking. He will still go into the game very carefully. If result is 0:0 with 10 minutes to go they will but before that it will be like first game. 

8 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Thought it looked pretty good against Everton. If anything, without Mount we lose a lot of control in midfield given Jorginho and Kante's limitations. 

That's why if Mount isn't in the team, Kovacic should be. 

What do you mean by control? And should we count Mount as midfielder under Tuchel?

Not counting that game against Barnsley because we played with full second team he did not start against Wolves (79% possession, most we had under Tuchel) and against Everton (probably our best game under Tuchel). Those two teams had like 1 shot on our goal.  And if you look back under Frank this season he did not start 5 games: Sevilla, Krasnodar, Palace three 4:0 wins, UTD 0:0 at Old Trafford which is not a game you expect to dominate anyway and friendly dead game against Krasnodar at home (again second team and unmotivated squad). So overall I am not sure this: we lose a lot of control without Mount is based on?

Would like to see this.

Werner

Havertz/Puli - Cho

Alonso - Kova - Kante - James

Rudiger - AC - Azpi 

Mendy

I believe Atletico knows they'll have to press more after being dominated possession wise last game. 

It's just a one goal advantage but with our current defensive form they might feel time is of essence and go for it earlier than expected. 

Kante needs to have a solid game distributing and holding possession. He's been quite sloppy and poor on the ball.  

Think this lineup is solid defensively and has the ability to counter with speed and skill. The reason I would consider Puli in the Mount role is he's so good at drawing fouls against aggressive defending, I expect a muck fest because Atletico will play desperate. Don't think any of our attackers have the engine Mason has so he will be missed on both sides of the ball. 

Giroud obviously scored a beauty against AM last time but we'll want quicker players to defend and counter.

Big game and excited to see how we perform. 

On 16/03/2021 at 11:31, Azul said:

Chilwell was awful against Leeds. His performances have shown me that Alonso is the much superior wingback in this system.

I agree that we need pace next to Giroud. Maybe we play CHO next to Giroud with Havertz behind them two. CHO is brilliant on the left side and I trust him to be more productive than Werner currently.

If Chilwell turned up high, drunk and with an amputed leg he would still be a better player than Alonso. Never wanna see the turtle in our lineup again.

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What do you mean by control? And should we count Mount as midfielder under Tuchel?

Not counting that game against Barnsley because we played with full second team he did not start against Wolves (79% possession, most we had under Tuchel) and against Everton (probably our best game under Tuchel). Those two teams had like 1 shot on our goal.  And if you look back under Frank this season he did not start 5 games: Sevilla, Krasnodar, Palace three 4:0 wins, UTD 0:0 at Old Trafford which is not a game you expect to dominate anyway and friendly dead game against Krasnodar at home (again second team and unmotivated squad). So overall I am not sure this: we lose a lot of control without Mount is based on?

Yes and who was playing in both Wolves and Everton? Kovacic. 

Only Mount can play through the channels for quick transition just as good as Kovacic. One or the either need to play. 

Well, Atleti cannot possibly be worse than they were in the first leg. And they probably got roasted in Spanish media for their tactics so they’ll be desperate to make good tonight. I really expect a totally different beast here.

Very curious if TT sticks with Giroud again or tries to catch them off guard with a funky XI.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

If Chilwell turned up high, drunk and with an amputed leg he would still be a better player than Alonso. Never wanna see the turtle in our lineup again.

Under Tuchel, Alonso has been better. We can not deny it. As much as I dislike his behaviour and attitude, he's earned the right to start over Chilly.

I still want Alonso sold in the summer, make no mistake about it.

• Jas changed the title to Chelsea 2-0 Atletico Madrid