• Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tuchel is absolutely slating the 4th official for the Injury time. Lampard would fold his hands and cry in his seat

Mount has been good and I trust him to keep his cool. Giroud has been poor with the hold up play. Would prefer one of Ziyech/Puli or Havertz to come on for him. Too much attacking quality on bench, wh

10 minutes ago, Azul said:

Kante has been ineffective, Ziyech has been beyond awful, Havertz just returned from injury, Chilwell has been average as a LWB, CHO‚ÜíJames and Pulisic has also just returned as well. So I understand Tuchels decisions.

The only one I would like to change is Chilwell for Alonso. Alonso is a ticking time-bomb, and it's not like he is performing at a very high level.

I just hate how Alonso has wormed his way back into the XI despite having done absolutely nothing for ages and we now have another manager who is seemingly in love with him. He wasn't even willing to sit on the bench and back the team when he caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom but he now gets "rewarded" because of a change in manager. I'd rather take Chilwell at his average/worst than Alonso at his average/worst!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

They are not exactly a big physical side themselves. actually only their defenders are somewhat physical, the rest is pretty much same built as kovacic or jorginho

By bullied I don’t necessarily mean outmuscled, I just mean that they’ll harass and swarm the likes of Jorginho and not allow us to play.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just hate how Alonso has wormed his way back into the XI despite having done absolutely nothing for ages and we now have another manager who is seemingly in love with him. He wasn't even willing to sit on the bench and back the team when he caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom but he now gets "rewarded" because of a change in manager. I'd rather take Chilwell at his average/worst than Alonso at his average/worst!

Yea, it is abit of a joke that the fucker is playing in the first 11 every game now. I can see the logic in Tuchels thinking though abd for the same reason mangers before him were picking him game in, game out, is for his height on defending set prices.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Yea, it is abit of a joke that the fucker is playing in the first 11 every game now. I can see the logic in Tuchels thinking though abd for the same reason mangers before him were picking him game in, game out, is for his height on defending set prices.

Picking a player specifically because of the height for set pieces is just stupid. How many other top sides do that? How many specifically pick a player who is bang average just because he is tall? Do we see Guardiola's side specifically just select a tall player for his height to defend set pieces? I don't know where or how we got this small-time/tragic mentality from. It's not as if Chilwell is a dwarf and has the body size of a bamboo stick either. And I don't even recall us conceding any goal from set pieces this season because of Chilwell. 

What's worse is that given we have a decent amount of days between this and Man United and Man United and Liverpool games, Tuchel would probably pick Alonso against those 2, even though they have pacey players in their squad. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

By bullied I don’t necessarily mean outmuscled, I just mean that they’ll harass and swarm the likes of Jorginho and not allow us to play.

They completely sat back and let Liverpool and juventus dictate the game before , which was almost their underdoing , I wouldn’t necessarily expect them to press us hard 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Picking a player specifically because of the height for set pieces is just stupid. How many other top sides do that? How many specifically pick a player who is bang average just because he is tall? Do we see Guardiola's side specifically just select a tall player for his height to defend set pieces? I don't know where or how we got this small-time/tragic mentality from. It's not as if Chilwell is a dwarf and has the body size of a bamboo stick either. And I don't even recall us conceding any goal from set pieces this season because of Chilwell. 

What's worse is that given we have a decent amount of days between this and Man United and Man United and Liverpool games, Tuchel would probably pick Alonso against those 2, even though they have pacey players in their squad. 

Yh it's a weak reason to select him but there really aren't many other reasons to pick him. Tuchel did say that wad a reason for picking him a few weeks back too.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fully agree, Alonso is a cockroach. He somehow survives every manager, it's embarrassing. I feel like, he'll get exposed massively in these next 3 games, I hope I'm wrong though.

31 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If this formation is going to be a big thing for us going forward Tuchel really needs to start playing James in the hybrid role Azpi is currently in, it was his performances in that position at youth level that put in him in the position to break through in the first place.

True, however I'll be more worried when James is not in the starting XI next season. Besides, I don't think this system is going to be here next season. We'll probably switch to a 4-2-3-1 eventually, when we have the right players.

Edited by Azul
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Jason said:

The worst is, if TT had followed the path Lampard laid, we would probably have sold him in summer or offloaded him on loan at least. But now he will likely get an extension. I cringe at the mere thought of him sticking around. He is an absolute cancer.

Edited by Magic Lamps
39 minutes ago, Azul said:

Kante has been ineffective, Ziyech has been beyond awful, Havertz just returned from injury, Chilwell has been average as a LWB, CHO‚ÜíJames and Pulisic has also just returned as well. So I understand Tuchels decisions.

The only one I would like to change is Chilwell for Alonso. Alonso is a ticking time-bomb, and it's not like he is performing at a very high level.

I would also like to see James as RCB at some point. I don¬īt think he is that good at RWB and his qualities fit the RCB position to the point. Also, Azpi has been a great servant for many years, but he isn¬īt good enough to start every game anymore.¬†

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The worst is, if TT had followed the path Lampard laid, we would probably have sold him in summer or offloaded him on loan at least. But now he will likely get an extension. I cringe at the mere thought of him sticking around. He is an absolute cancer.

It's also because of the board. We desperately need to rid ourselves of the deadwoods in the summer because we'll never build anything for the future if we keep them around! We bought Chilwell for the future but we're still playing Marcos fucking Alonso in 2021! It's just a fucking shame that Lampard was/is severely lacking in his tactical side of management! 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's also because of the board. We desperately need to rid ourselves of the deadwoods in the summer because we'll never build anything for the future if we keep them around! We bought Chilwell for the future but we're still playing Marcos fucking Alonso in 2021! It's just a fucking shame that Lampard was/is severely lacking in his tactical side of management! 

As long as he doesn¬īt play every game I don¬īt mind keeping Alonso. He is better than Emerson and offers a unique skill set. We can¬īt have a squad consisting of 20 world class players and most people will disagree, but I think he is a good back up to have in the squad. If we would sell him we will just buy another guy like Zappacosta for 25 Mio...

Just now, DDA said:

Where are those trusted links to the game V.

She's getting dressed and getting drinks.¬†ūü•≥

• Jason changed the title to Atletico Madrid 0-1 Chelsea