Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Erling Haaland


NikkiCFC
 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

I strongly doubt we will be able to pull off Haaland. Spain  might have lost a bit of its appeal due to the recent slump of spanish teams but overall, city, psg and maybe even still real will have bigger sway.

Either we work something out with a combination of Werner/Tammy/Havertz false nine or give broja or some other academy product a fair chance. throwing money at the problem might not be the wisest solution as seen with werner

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He does not offer much else when he does not score goals and he is clearly very dependent on his teammates giving him good passes. He is currently nowhere near Mbappe level because even when Mbappe do

LOL If that's the kind of money they want, no one is gonna pay for it, especially when clubs are still counting the cost of the pandemic. 

This season yes, last season two German sides made it while the runaway champions were dumped out by a diluted Atletico and the 2nd place team were dumped out by the 10th place French side. Not to men

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

So much talk (or maybe even assumption) that we will sign Haaland this summer to solve our striker issue.

But err, what's the backup plan if we are not able to sign him?

No idea. Haaland is the only name being linked which is alarming as you’d think as much as we would like to sign him there may be a chance we wont so we need a contingency plan. Cannot afford to go into next season with only Giroud, Abraham and Werner. Never going to close the gap to the top top teams with those 3. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

throwing money at the problem might not be the wisest solution as seen with werner

I swear people here are now just randomly mentioning Werner to get a reaction... 🤣

200.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

No idea. Haaland is the only name being linked which is alarming as you’d think as much as we would like to sign him there may be a chance we wont. Cannot go into next season with only Giroud, Abraham and Werner.

Am curious about Havertz playing upfront, since Tuchel mentioned he's somewhere between a 9 and a 10. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jason said:

Am curious about Havertz playing upfront, since Tuchel mentioned he's somewhere between a 9 and a 10. 

Yeah that could be another way to go. I still dont know though, seems a lot to expect us to be a top team without an actual top number 9.

City may mix it up and false 9 with Foden, Sterling, De Bruyne or whoever but theyve got Aguero and Jesus who is an adequate back up. Spurs have Harry Kane. Even United have got Edison Cavani. 

We need to make sure we get one, more so as Giroud is aging and Abraham really only looks capable of being a squad player at this level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am curious about Havertz playing upfront, since Tuchel mentioned he's somewhere between a 9 and a 10. 

I think that will look just like Fabio Silva with the Wolves. Great potential but getting bullied by PL CBs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think that will look just like Fabio Silva with the Wolves. Great potential but getting bullied by PL CBs.

Yeah...would need Havertz to toughen up. Could do well like what Firmino does for Liverpool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jason said:

So much talk (or maybe even assumption) that we will sign Haaland this summer to solve our striker issue.

But err, what's the backup plan if we are not able to sign him?

Any recommendation, @Vesper? 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Any recommendation, @Vesper? 🤣

the only players who can play at No 9 who truly interest me and I rate as good enough are (and some/many are impossible)


Kylian Mbappé   (pretty much impossible)
Erling Håland  (my number one target )
Harry Kane (he would never come here)
Lautaro Martínez  (my number 3 target after Håland and DCL)
Romelu Lukaku  (our board HATES to rebuy players we sold off, this is why we balk at buying Rice, which is foolish in regards to him)
Robert Lewandowski   (age is a huge issue, but he is, for the next 2 years or so, still the best No 9 on the planet, his numbers are again insane thsi season)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (my number 2 target, after Håland, the huge barrier is the insane money Everton will demand, but he is the real deal)
Ciro Immobile    (age is an issue as well, and I so doubt he will leave Italy)
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

the only players who can play at No 9 who truly interest me and I rate as good enough are (and some/many are impossible)


Kylian Mbappé   (pretty much impossible)
Erling Håland  (my number one target )
Harry Kane (he would never come here)
Lautaro Martínez  (my number 3 target after Håland and DCL)
Romelu Lukaku  (our board HATES to rebuy players we sold off, this is why we balk at buying Rice, which is foolish in regards to him)
Robert Lewandowski   (age is a huge issue, but he is, for the next 2 years or so, still the best No 9 on the planet, his numbers are again insane thsi season)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (my number 2 target, after Håland, the huge barrier is the insane money Everton will demand, but he is the real deal)
Ciro Immobile    (age is an issue as well, and I so doubt he will leave Italy)

So many of them are unrealistic. 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter who our 2nd or 3rd targets are we're getting Haaland for sure, can't see anyone giving the money needed except us since  who are gonna be desperate to have a top class striker in.

Edited by R2D2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jason said:

So many of them are unrealistic. 😆

I posted the full list just so there was no confusion, and yes, I listed the impossible ones and labelled them as such

it is down to Håland, DCL, and Lautaro

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Really is Haaland or bust it seems. Lautaro even turned Barcelona down apparently. 

yes, DCL will be insanely expensive, plus, IF they have EL (or even CL) he has zero reason to leave

better manager

boyhood club

brand new stadium inbound

Euro footie

contract on nice wages until 2025

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...