Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Erling Haaland

NikkiCFC
Followers 0

We can hope the salary obstacle can be navigated by win bonuses. With all the potential and oodles of talent Haaland has, I would truly be against handing a 350k-500k (going off reports here) to someone unproven in our league. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He does not offer much else when he does not score goals and he is clearly very dependent on his teammates giving him good passes. He is currently nowhere near Mbappe level because even when Mbappe do

I don't think we are in desperate search for the striker. But when someone like Haaland is on the market you would be stupid not to try.  Abraham, Giroud and Werner gave us 33 goals already this

1 hour ago, Jas said:

Every time someone hype up a potential attacking lineup, it never works out. Remember when most of us were salivating at the prospect of Pulisic-Havertz-Ziyech behind Werner last summer? 🤣 Or remember MaZaCar? That didn't last too long either. 

Ill test it out in Fifa to confirm. 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Jas said:

True but assuming everyone is fit (like they all were since the last international break), how long we can really rotate before someone becomes unhappy? If Tuchel sticks with the back 3 and say Mount is a certainty to start, then that leaves only 2 spaces. IF we get Haaland, you aren't exactly going to bench him either I'd imagine. Every one of the others would want to start week in week out. They are not going to be happy to play one game, sit out one game and then play one game again. 

As mentioned, our attackers were injury free since the March international break with the exception of Havertz for that Leicester league game and during that period, there were some noises about Pulisic not being happy with his lack of playing time/super sub role. Imagine next season with one more superstar in the team! And USA did not qualify for the Olympics but Pulisic will be playing for USA at the Gold Cup this summer. 

I don't disagree with having options to rotate like City but on the other hand, one could also argue about the benefit of having consistent selection like Liverpool.

You'll always have patches in the season where some don't play as often as they'd like but I'm sure with 6 players, come the end of the season they'd have all started 30 games and probably played their part in 40 or more. It would be up to Tuchel to get them all aiming for one common goal, which is more trophies. I'd like to hope that the UCL has only given them a thirst for more and we've potentially got the squad to challenge on multiple fronts next season.

Mount, Havertz and Werner could all play big parts for their countries this summer, and as you mentioned Pulisic is playing in the Gold Cup. Add to that extra club games, international games, Ziyech at the Afcon and then the World Cup next summer, the fixture list this next year is going to be ridiculous. They will all need opportunities to be rotated and rested during the season and I think 6 is a good number for 3 positions.

I wouldn't necessarily say Mount is a certainty. I think he currently is in our "best XI" but we got a couple of good results/performances without him under Tuchel and the onus is on him to kick on again this coming season as he definitely needs to add more goals to his game to get to break into the highest level of players. Haaland too, would likely be used more often than not but he's not a cast iron guarantee to hit the ground running. He may need next season to acclimatise himself, so the alternative options to him could end up being a blessing. Unlike say Werner, who wasn't pulled out of the firing line when he was struggling for form because we had no other options at the time.

20 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Haaland, Werner, Havertz, Mount, Ziyech, Pulisic, and CHO

For 3 spots....

Cannot see Ziyech lasting tbh. CHO also doesn't look like he has much of a chance bar RWB. 

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Fuck sake I'm starting to get gassed here. 

Don't get your expectations up just yet...still got a long way to go here.

Feeling the same skepticism as last year when rumors of Havertz first started appearing. That one turned out okay in the end. 😆

Probably not quite impossible but really, really difficult to make happen. 

Whatever happens, let's hope it gets settled rather quickly. Would hate a lengthy transfer saga.

20 minutes ago, Mana said:

Don't get your expectations up just yet...still got a long way to go here.

Big Roman is going all in. You don't hear that often. 

Player swaps never happen. Or if they do it’s ultra rare. And if Dortmund were interested in any of our players I think CHO is the only one. Tammy is nowhere near Haaland’s level so them replacing one with the other makes no sense.

Any deal here will be straight cash I would think.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Tammy is nowhere near Haaland’s level so them replacing one with the other makes no sense.

Well to be fair they are really unlikely to find a striker even close to as good as Haaland anywhere. But if they got say Tammy + 110M they could use the remaining cash to improve on other areas of the team as well so it might not even matter if Haaland's direct replacement isn't as good.

Edited by Jype
Posted (edited)

do you consider so much Haaland because his stats on goals, or because you have seen him play? if you have, what skills him has?

Edited by BlueGuy