Stamford Bridge
20:00 Kick Off (UK time)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For aslong as he's playing 3atb got no problem with Alonso playing, especially as Chilwell has been off it for ages. But yeah Kepa can't play, he will cost us.

Havertz is not ready. Pulisic has been poor for a while. Deserves to sit on the bench. 

Posted Images

Mendy

James       Rudiger       Zouma  Chilwell

Kante             Kovacic

Mount

CHO           Werner         pulisic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

Dave---Christensen---Rudiger

James------------------------------Alonso

Jorginho---Kovacic

Mount-----Werner

Giroud

If we're going to play a back 3/5 for this (hopefully not) CHO has to be one of the wingbacks. We'd be setting ourselves up for a frustratingly infuriating night if we went with two fullbacks in that system.

Personally I think last night's horror show has made selection pretty straight forward.

Mendy

Azpi (I'd rather James but Tuchel will pick Azpi)

Rudiger

Zouma (Christensen if fit)

Chilwell

Jorginho

Kova

Mount

CHO

Tammy

Werner

Edited by Tomo
15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we're going to play a back 3/5 for this (hopefully not) CHO has to be one of the wingbacks. We'd be setting ourselves up for a frustratingly infuriating night if we went with two fullbacks in that system.

Personally I think last night's horror show has made selection pretty straight forward.

Mendy

Azpi (I'd rather James but Tuchel will pick Azpi)

Rudiger

Zouma (Christensen if fit)

Chilwell

Jorginho

Kova

Mount

CHO

Tammy

Werner

I'd be surprised if Tuchel went straight for the 4231 at the start. And Werner again at LW? I thought we left that behind?

Edited by MoroccanBlue

I feel like many of us have overrated this squad in the past. Atleast 80% of them are not press-resistant, even though it's an attribute you need at the highest level. It was crazy how much we struggled against the likes of Sheffield and Barnsley when they were pressing us.

If that was City, Liverpool or Manchester United pressing us we would have been destroyed. These past few games showed us that we have a bang average squad at the moment, however I hope that things change in the future.

15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd be surprised if Tuchel went straight for the 4231 at the start. And Werner again at LW? I thought we left that behind?

Difference is he'll be utilized more appropriately now.

I would have expected us to go 4th over Leicester rather than pool but i do not care. Our match at Anfield is now a lot more signficant. But also our penultimate season fixture at home vs Leicester can be decider.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I would have expected us to go 4th over Leicester rather than pool but i do not care. Our match at Anfield is now a lot more signficant. But also our penultimate season fixture at home vs Leicester can be decider.

we have a brutal last 4 games ☹️

4 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

I just feel so confident with Tommy in charge, and fourth spot he we come, never thought i'd be saying this, this season🤣

I politely disagree 👍

I don't like him as manager. He is repeating the same old mistakes of playing Alonso and Jorginho. We will get found out very soon. 

You may see him as the messiah. I just see him as a bellend.

3 hours ago, Muzchap said:

I politely disagree 👍

I don't like him as manager. He is repeating the same old mistakes of playing Alonso and Jorginho. We will get found out very soon. 

You may see him as the messiah. I just see him as a bellend.

I can understand Jorginhos inclusion but Alonso... that was a dickhead move... it was almost a backhanded slap to Frank Lampards face. Alonso wasn't being played for a very good reason. He thinks he's better than what he is because he scores a volley here and there.

But..

I don't think TT is a bellend.. he comes across as an extremely nice bloke who is intelligent and articulate in his approach.

• Thanks 1
  • Jas changed the title to Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle