Barnsley 0-1 Chelsea

Followers 0

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope Tuchel uses this as an opportunity to see how Gilmour can be integrated into his midfield.  We need more passing ability from the center of our midfield.

Goal looked offside 😂, we’ll take that for the penalty not given in the first half. 

To be fair tonight we made 10 changes, the pitch was fucking terrible and it was the FA Cup after all. Just glad we’re still in the cup.

Thank fuck. Gilmour and James fantastic there. Lets home this gives Tammy a bit of a lift because he has been hopeless most of the game as has Ziyech. He looked offside though fucking hell, miles off 🤣 least theres no VAR.

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

And aye I think one of Abraham or Giroud will be gone this summer it we get another high level CF. I would say Abraham as Giroud offers more but hes younger, an academy player and may be harder to shift. Although he hasnt signed a new deal yet has he so maybe not.

Abraham still has 2 years left on his contract apparently and while he has made his contribution, we need to say goodbye to Giroud once and for all. He's getting older and if he's not scoring, he really isn't offering us much anymore. 

Just now, Jason said:

Abraham still has 2 years left on his contract apparently and while he has made his contribution, we need to say goodbye to Giroud once and for all. He's getting older and if he's not scoring, he really isn't offering us much anymore. 

I suppose it depends on who comes in. If we get a CF who’s younger and not in there prime, having an experienced player to be a bitpart player is easier to sell to them than a younger guy like Abraham. Although I think your right, we need to shift Giroud eventually.

Ziyech actually I think will struggle under Tuchel if we continue with the back 3. It means his role is one of the two behind the striker in a more central area and I think this will be a struggle for him where he's very lightweight and won't have any time on the ball that he gets when playing wide right.

Havertz has had similar struggles but I think at least with Havertz when he adapts to the pace and physicality he's younger and more dynamic and also has the body and size to eventually not get bullied in there.

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Ziyech actually I think will struggle under Tuchel if we continue with the back 3. It means his role is one of the two behind the striker in a more central area and I think this will be a struggle for him where he's very lightweight and won't have any time on the ball that he gets when playing wide right.

The classic 'Player coming from the Eredivisie struggling in the Premier League'?

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Clear offside. 

Who cares, if it is? We were denied a blatant penalty in the first half. 

• Jason changed the title to Barnsley 0-1 Chelsea