Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Barnsley 0-1 Chelsea


Jas
 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Pulisic is becoming increasingly worrisome. I can't remember a good performance he's put in this season.

We all know what he is capable of from the back end of last season but he has to start finding some form soon.

Tbf hes not had a consistent run of games this season unfortunately, with the wee injuries he’s picked up over the course of the season so far also which have hindered him getting more prominent minutes. I hope we see more of him under TT from the start on the left side of the front 3, he is probably still the one player who will make something happen from nothing. Ziyech also can but has struggled first half and needs more games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope Tuchel uses this as an opportunity to see how Gilmour can be integrated into his midfield.  We need more passing ability from the center of our midfield.

Goal looked offside 😂, we’ll take that for the penalty not given in the first half. 

To be fair tonight we made 10 changes, the pitch was fucking terrible and it was the FA Cup after all. Just glad we’re still in the cup.

CHo has looked good. Gilmour is not doing himself any favors. It is a mess out there. Kepa is currently MOTM. I hope we start looking a lot better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ziyech is such a luxury player I feel like he'll struggle under a tuchel led team to get regular play time. No doubting his talent but with this formation I don't see him getting many minutes unfortunately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf hes not had a consistent run of games this season unfortunately, with the wee injuries he’s picked up over the course of the season so far also which have hindered him getting more prominent minutes. I hope we see more of him under TT from the start on the left side of the front 3, he is probably still the one player who will make something happen from nothing. Ziyech also can but has struggled first half and needs more games.

Pulisic's last injury was at the end of November. Has been back since then and has been involved in 13 of our last 18 games, including today. Only has 1 goal and 1 assist. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't a fan of playing the 3 at the back in this game and wanted us to go 4-2-3-1 as thought it would suit our attacking players. Yeah really wish Tuchel switches the formation sometimes because the lack of attacking fluidity just isn't there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, Pulisic has been trash for quite some time now. Needs to find form soon otherwise he could find himself in the stands more often than not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pulisic's last injury was at the end of November. Has been back since then and has been involved in 13 of our last 18 games, including today. Only has 1 goal and 1 assist. 

Really? Wow. Not great. Still think hes the sort of player we need to keep in the side, he carried us last season basically. 

Playing a back 4 now. Ziyech as a 10 by looks of it. Unless its a 433 but seems more 4231.

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf hes not had a consistent run of games this season unfortunately, with the wee injuries he’s picked up over the course of the season so far also which have hindered him getting more prominent minutes. I hope we see more of him under TT from the start on the left side of the front 3, he is probably still the one player who will make something happen from nothing. Ziyech also can but has struggled first half and needs more games.

Completely understand his season has been "stop-start" but every time I've seen him he seems to be really playing within himself, perhaps worried about injuries and his body holding up.

Hope he can get a run together because I agree, when in form and fit he's a real weapon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Milan said:

2008 vibes!

2008 as a 12 months year was FUCKED

lost 3 trophies in the last game (including Moscow, arffff)

got 2nd in the EPL

and that Barnsley FA cup nightmare

plus the global financial crisis really blew the fuck up

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Really? Wow. Not great. Still think hes the sort of player we need to keep in the side, he carried us last season basically. 

True and we know he has the talent but was last season just one of those purple patches or something more? He needs to wake up ASAP!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tuchel doesn't trust Christensen in 4 at the back system lol 

Either that or might have something to do with his head getting kicked earlier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

2008 as a 12 months year was FUCKED

lost 3 trophies in the last game (including Moscow, arffff)

got 2nd in the EPL

and that Barnsley FA cup nightmare

plus the global financial crisis really blew the fuck up

Still we had a great team back then. Lampard Makelel Essien Ballack as midfield was immense. We just lacked a proper coach and right back to win it all. we were heads and shoulders above every team in the world bar ManUre in 2008. Would have won the league if Lampard had not been injured for major parts of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason said:

True and we know he has the talent but was last season just one of those purple patches or something more? He needs to wake up ASAP!

The only issue is, with his best games coming on the left for us last season and potentially another CF coming in in the summer, the links with Haaland for example although I think we wont be his top choice but will be looking at him. When Pulisic is fit and firing what will this mean for Werner? As you’ve said he isnt a central striker as such and he isnt a left winger but more a second striker, could be interesting. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jas changed the title to Barnsley 0-1 Chelsea
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...