Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Tuchel Thread

Followers 2

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

PSG's MF and overall CB's (as they had to sacrifice Marquinhos to play DMF) are meh, and the fullbacks are dogshit

so easy to list, you instantly see their issues

True but still. PSG had their moments against Bayern in the final but didn't take them. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took us from 10th to finishing 4th. This has to be credited. Yes, we lost the final game but he gave us the chance to fight for the top 4 after that Lampard fiasco. And we did it. With luck. Again. Ju

A manager taking responsibility? Preposterous!

Unless we completely lose the plot and results go south in these last few weeks of the season, sacking Tuchel just because we don't get Top 4 would be a fucking stupid decision from the board...again.

Posted Images

Tuchel says he sensed Chelsea would win UCL

Chelsea coach Thomas Tuchel said he had sensed before the Champions League final that his side would win on Saturday.

Tuchel guided Paris Saint-Germain to last season's Champions League final which they lost 1-0 to Bayern Munich.

PSG sacked the German in December but he was almost immediately hired by Chelsea and led the Russian-owned club to the second Champions League victory in their history thanks to a single goal from Kai Havertz in Porto.

"You know I was so grateful to arrive a second time (in the final after doing so with PSG last year) but this felt different. I told people before somehow it was," Tuchel told BT Sport.

He paid tribute to his "unbelievable" players.

"It was an incredibly tough fight, what a fight. Today they were determined to win this. We wanted to be the stone in their (City's) shoe.

"I told everyone to step up and to be more brave with the ball.

"Kai was strong and delivered again. He has great heart."

3 hours ago, Mana said:

First CL final appearance curse.

Many...MANY teams fail to win the CL on their first ever final appearance.

Spuds, Arsenal, US!, PSG, Bayern, Milan, Barca, Monaco, Leverkusen, Atletico, Valencia and now City.

Bayern Munich won the first 3 times they reached the final, all in a row

the rest you are correct on

3 hours ago, Jas said:

Thank you Leonardo?

Yep. for Silva and Tuchel both. Marquinhos would do nicely this year 😇

WHat an absolute quality manager, we totally shut them down, we dominated them, they couldnt lay a glove on us, tactically and motivational sense we are rocking it hard man.

THis dude best stay here long-term.

E2o9SbDX0AAxaFf?format=jpg&name=900x900

What an embarrassing take by Micah Richards. He must feel like a silly cunt now that his comments backfired in the worst possible way. Not only did Chelsea win the biggest club trophy out there only a few months later with Mason Mount and Reece James both playing key roles, they also did it in the final against Micah's beloved club Manchester City. You couldn't make it up. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Jype said:

E2o9SbDX0AAxaFf?format=jpg&name=900x900

What an embarrassing take by Micah Richards. He must feel like a silly cunt now that his comments backfired in the worst possible way. Not only did Chelsea win the biggest club trophy out there only a few months later with Mason Mount and Reece James both playing key roles, they also did it in the final against Micah's beloved club Manchester City. You couldn't make it up. 😂

I never really liked him as a pundit. I can see everywhere how he is praised for his combo with Roy Keane, how his laughter is amazing blah blah blah. And he desperately wanted us out of the top 4 before the final match day.

In other words - who is laughing now?

• Like 1
On 18/04/2021 at 10:13, Milan said:

Do you remember back in 2008 and 2012 when Petr Cech sort of predicted our Champions League final chances based on his pick ups and feelings? That he did not like the Moscow setting, the colors, but he loved the Munich environment etc?

Well, well, well. I just heard him in an interview for a Czech TV and he really fancies this year's chances, and gave several similar findings and feelings just like in the past. He was focusing more on numbers but the result is the same 😁

It is official. We are winning this thing!

I called it, simple as. Or Petr Cech did, but still hahaha

• Like 1
On 05/05/2021 at 22:59, Mana said:

Win the CL TT, then you become a Chelsea legend simple as.

You ready to call him that now?

Going to be an interesting summer on what he feels needs to be strengthened within the team. The more I think about it, the more I feel Sancho should be a priority. Particularly if CHO is willing to leave to Dortmund. We can create loads, but converting is questionable. You'd assume we'd improve on this matter, given the issue is collective. Adding Sancho who is a proven goal scorer can help, particularly if he is at the end of most chances. 

It is a massive gamble going into next season with no ST, but I think Sancho can help us tremendously. 

Havertz

Mount-----------Sancho 

Chilwell-------Tchouameni----Aouar------James

Rudiger----Christensen----Lacroix

Mendy

Werner

Pulisic--------Ziyech

LWB------Kovacic----Kante-----Dave

Guehi------Silva----Christensen

GK

• Like 1

You want us to be weaker next season? You just added 3 young French lads to starting 11 who proved nothing yet. I imagine they would struggle to get place on bench especially next season when we are back to 7 subs.

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You want us to be weaker next season? You just added 3 young French lads to starting 11 who proved nothing yet. I imagine they would struggle to get place on bench especially next season when we are back to 7 subs.

Tchouameni is a fair point but Aouar? He's already proven his quality. There will be an all out brawl for his signature. 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Tchouameni is a fair point but Aouar? He's already proven his quality. There will be an all out brawl for his signature. 

Aouar is more like Mount tbh. Number 8, cant see him in double pivot.

There is a reason why Rabiot, Sissoko, Lemar and Tolisso are in French NT and he is not. Btw they all are nothing special, actually some of them very average.

Plus what is his price tag? Just 30m. He will end up in Arsenal or something like that. I rated him much more 2 years ago.

19 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

we have no players on the main team nor out on loan that are like Aurélien Tchouaméni or Houssem Aouar

the price will never be lower for either until they start yo age out, which is not for ages as they are both young (but NOT youth, so perfect time to buy)

I live and breathe the transfer market, and these would be two superb buys for the price it will take

I really want Camavinga, BUT it is madness to drop 100m euros, if Rennes doesn't come down on price

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Aouar is more like Mount tbh. Number 8, cant see him in double pivot.

There is a reason why Rabiot, Sissoko, Lemar and Tolisso are in French NT and he is not. Btw they all are nothing special, actually some of them very average.

Plus what is his price tag? Just 30m. He will end up in Arsenal or something like that. I rated him much more 2 years ago.

Have we even been linked with Aouar?

Also can't see Tuchel getting rid of Jorginho when he wanted him at PSG and seems to rate him a lot. 

Posted (edited)

Here's a million dollar question.

If he wins a PL title with us becoming the first Chelsea manager to do both then does Jose get knocked down to number two?

Edited by Tomo
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Here's a million dollar question.

If he wins a PL title with us becoming  the first Chelsea manager to do both then does Jose get knocked down to number two?

As that old man once said:

"When they have somebody who wins four Premier Leagues for them, I'll be No 2. For this moment, 'Judas' is No 1"

🤪