Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Tuchel Thread


 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A manager taking responsibility? Preposterous!

Unless we completely lose the plot and results go south in these last few weeks of the season, sacking Tuchel just because we don't get Top 4 would be a fucking stupid decision from the board...again.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mana said:

Three straight clean sheets (so far) in the PL. This never happened in the Lampard tenure.

Didn't happen under Sarri either. Last happened in December 2017 under Conte. Was also the last time we kept 4 straight clean sheets in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i hope someone asks him about ziyech and zouma.

I think the fact Zouma is again just back from a wee knock/injury, people are reading too much into it. Rudiger was poor tonight but thought Andreas was alright and Azpi was consistent as usual. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since TT is our coach:

Chelsea 10 points

Aston Villa 6

Liverpool 6

Leicester 5

Man. Utd 5

Everton 5

Arsenal 4

Spurs 3

He got us from 10th place to 5th after 10 days!

And looking at table I think it is in our hands to finish 2nd.

Edited by NikkiCFC
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The most pleasing thing so far is he isn't shoehorning Kante back in.

3 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

Our most hated manager since Benitez,  

Really?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The most pleasing thing so far is he isn't shoehorning Kante back in.

Really?

I love the guy and I'm sure most do, but there's a good amount of our fanbase wishing Tuchel fails because of Lampard and they don't rate him highly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kobematabryant said:

I love the guy and I'm sure most do, but there's a good amount of our fanbase wishing Tuchel fails because of Lampard and they don't rate him highly. 

Have seen that too and I don't think they are thinking straight TBH. They are so emotionally attached to Lampard that the club is Frank Lampard FC and not Chelsea FC. Unlike Benitez, Tuchel has no history of talking shit about us etc and he shouldn't be getting hate just because the club were the ones that decided to sack Lampard and sign Tuchel. Whether Tuchel will succeed long term remains to be seen but am at least feeling more positive about our chances to achieve something now than I did under Lampard. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

I love the guy and I'm sure most do, but there's a good amount of our fanbase wishing Tuchel fails because of Lampard and they don't rate him highly. 

I don't think they did, maybe a small minority but most didn't. It's more the media that targeted him, Redknapp's comments especially were outrageous.

Even the most angry reaction (the creators of "the circus continues" banner) made it clear there's no ill will to Tuchel and are behind him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Have seen that too and I don't think they are thinking straight TBH. They are so emotionally attached to Lampard that the club is Frank Lampard FC and not Chelsea FC. Unlike Benitez, Tuchel has no history of talking shit about us etc and he shouldn't be getting hate just because the club were the ones that decided to sack Lampard and sign Tuchel. Whether Tuchel will succeed long term remains to be seen but am at least feeling more positive about our chances to achieve something now than I did under Lampard. 

Fully agree with you mate, I love the way how TT has changed the atmosphere in the squad, it's clear evidence that something was wrong with Lamps as a coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iceboy said:

Fully agree with you mate, I love the way how TT has changed the atmosphere in the squad, it's clear evidence that something was wrong with Lamps as a coach.

We're probably experiencing the new manager bounce. Just you wait till things go wrong and people start complaining again! 🤣

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

We're probably experiencing the new manager bounce. Just you wait till things go wrong and people start complaining again! 🤣

Tbf this is probably the first time we've had a proper mid season new manager bounce in the league since Hiddink 1.0.

Hiddink 2.0 i guess you could say but that was more by default than anything else, while RDM rallied us in the cup (understatement) in the league there was no real improvemeng from what we saw under AVB. Rafa improved our shape but there was no immediate results upturn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbf this is probably the first time we've had a proper mid season new manager bounce in the league since Hiddink 1.0.

Hiddink 2.0 i guess you could say but that was more by default than anything else, while RDM rallied us in the cup (understatement) in the league there was no real improvemeng from what we saw under AVB. Rafa improved our shape but there was no immediate results upturn.

It's probably similar to Hiddink 1.0 but with Tuchel, I feel like there's a bit both. We get the new manager bounce and we also get a manager that now implements a proper system and more sustainable playing style. We still aren't perfect and we still have some flaws but Tuchel now at least gives us a chance to achieve something, rather than the freestyle, hit-and-hope football we saw under Lampard. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

I love the guy and I'm sure most do, but there's a good amount of our fanbase wishing Tuchel fails because of Lampard and they don't rate him highly. 

Feck these lot then. Seriously feck them. They aren't Chelsea fans. They are wishing Tuchel fails? If he fails then what? Are they stupid to think we will suddenly hire Lampard back or something?

It's not Tuchel's fault that Lampard failed as a coach. I am not a fan of Tuchel myself, but they need to grow up. If Tuchel fails, Chelsea fails numbskulls.

Edited by Mana
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kobematabryant said:

I love the guy and I'm sure most do, but there's a good amount of our fanbase wishing Tuchel fails because of Lampard and they don't rate him highly. 

Those plastic cunts can go choke on a bag of dicks. No true Chels fan would ever wish the team fails.

10 quid says those same twats were leading the shit-on-Lampard charge of the light brigade when we lost.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...