• Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Giroud
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Werner (sub)

49 minutes ago, Vesper said:

absolutely shambolic that Jorginho did not go back and cover for the injured AC on that goal

and outrageous no foul called on Grealish for leaving his leg out and cracking  AC

Thought it was a foul by Andreas on Grealish. Came for the ball and completely missed it 

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We put Werner upfront late on in the game but what did we do? Passed the ball backwards, sideways and then try to deliver high crosses into the box. There were at least 2 such crosses - one from Chilw

Guessing this isn't photoshopped...

Cross, cross, cross We look lifeless.

Posted Images

Just now, Strike said:

Thought it was a foul by Andreas on Grealish. Came for the ball and completely missed it 

Yep, that's how I saw it as well. If there was a foul to begin with, it was one committed by Christensen and not on him.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What puzzles me most is how good we have looked during our unbeaten run. not every game but there were some where we were swaggering around like prime barcelona and dissected teams at will with our passing. maybe the payers need a bit mor efreedom or maybe teams have found us out and thus we have returned to the cross to giroud route...but i refuse to believe it is all been just ziyech's injury.

We should be able to manage without Ziyech, but his passing range is a lot better than the others. That alone can make up for a lot deficiencies in the team's play, and can be instrumental (ala Fabregas in Mourinho's 2014 Chelsea).

The press from our attack and midfield has also been shite this month (other than Leeds), which has led to our defense being more exposed. Fatigue is convenient reason for this, but it seems more complicated than that.

8 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's fucking beyond me how Christensen keeps getting chances to play despite his constant defensive cock-ups. Take the challenge for the Villa's equalizer as an example. He tried to make challenge but wasn't fully committed to it, referee gave nothing and Villa went on to score. :doh: 

• Like 1

Lampard just said James has a hamstring problem...

That's like the 54095045605048567856870th muscle injury we've had under Lampard!

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

That ref was awful today, I'm starting to think these officials get dragged off the streets.

No streets here, just a bunch of bent bastards acting on orders from higher ups. You cant name 1 ref that is even semi decent in epl, yet they are allowed to ref, allowed to make out of this world decisions game after game with zero accountability. Football died long ago, even before VAR ( legal match fixing ) arrived.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard just said James has a hamstring problem...

That's like the 54095045605048567856870th muscle injury we've had under Lampard!

To say its a pattern is an understatement

Those final 20 minutes or so were perfect for Giroud... :/

The officiating was atrocious today; he also let Villa run down the clock at their own leisure...

One silver lining to me was Kai's performance today. While not world beating level, it was vastly improved from his recent appearances.

• Like 1
Just now, robsblubot said:

One silver lining to me was Kai's performance today. While not world beating level, it was vastly improved from his recent appearances.

The bar wasn't very high, was it?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Those final 20 minutes or so were perfect for Giroud... :/

The officiating was atrocious today; he also let Villa run down the clock at their own leisure...

He looked better, he managed to control three passed from five yards and passed it well to other team mates.

70 odd million can't ask for much more.

200 odd millions spent in the summer, over a 100M of that left on the bench in Havertz and Werner.

Washed up shite like Jorginho, Christensen and Rudiger started, and we are still relying on Giroud to dig us out of holes after 300000000 crosses into the box.

Good times

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's fucking beyond me how Christensen keeps getting chances to play despite his constant defensive cock-ups. Take the challenge for the Villa's equalizer as an example. He tried to make challenge but wasn't fully committed to it, referee gave nothing and Villa went on to score. :doh: 

yep. And Christensen and Azpilicueta together on the right side was shaky as hell

1 minute ago, Strike said:

yep. And Christensen and Azpilicueta together on the right side was shaky as hell

Chris has been shaky most times ever since that mistake vs barca at the Bridge

Sure we win this game if that AC fart didn't happen. In control, growing into the game. Turned the game sour and our players don't know how to seize the opportunity in chaos well enough. 

Villa deserve respect though. Don't forget they beat Liverpool 7-2. 

• Like 3

Sure we win this game if that AC fart didn't happen. In control, growing into the game. Turned the game sour and our players don't know how to seize the opportunity in chaos well enough. 

Villa deserve respect though. Don't forget they beat Liverpool 7-2. 

• Like 1

P.S. Will create the next match thread once we get news about the City game on Sunday. Likely to be decided tomorrow from what I've read.

There's also a COVID-19 outbreak at Morecambe. So, god knows if the FA Cup game is even gonna take place. 

• Like 1