• Mount
    • Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

Arsenal provide injury update on three stars for Chelsea clash including Thomas Partey

The Gunners welcome their London rivals to the Emirates on Boxing Day in desperate need of a win but with question marks over the fitness of several star men

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-provide-injury-update-three-23218400

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All smiles from our lot shaking hands at the end with Arsenal players, that's half the fucking problem.....mates, friendly, nice nice.....fucking dog shit mentality 

Need @Tomo to tell us how we don't gift points to all trash out of form teams, fucking joke.

Lampard needs to go, this is beyond awful, absolutely zero excuses.

This "we always give out of form teams a gift" narrative is getting tedious, it happens no more to us than it does to other clubs. It's getting to be worse than the myth that all these teams who we have no rivalry with apparently save the game of their lives for us while rolling over for our competitor's...

Should I provide proof that what you're talking about is absolute nonsense, and that we infact do lose a lot of points against teams that are out of form?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Azul said:

Should I provide proof that what you're talking about is absolute nonsense, and that we infact do lose a lot of points against teams that are out of form?

And in the last week or so alone I've seen Spurs, United, City and Southampton fans all say the same thing about their club (Spurs fans regularly banter themselves as "Dr Tottenham").

If you want to show me proof then please bring comparison to rivals. If we've in the last say four season's plus this one dropped significantly more points to out of form teams (let's say teams who gained no more than a point a game average in the 6 matches prior to the games in question) then I'll relent and take the L but if I was a betting man I'd guess if we're in the lead on that regard it will be marginal at worst.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

And in the last week or so alone I've seen Spurs, United, City and Southampton fans all say the same thing about their club (Spurs fans regularly banter themselves as "Dr Tottenham").

If you want to show me proof then please bring comparison to rivals. If we've in the last say four season's plus this one dropped significantly more points to out of form teams (let's say teams who gained no more than a point a game average in the 6 matches prior to the games in question) then I'll relent and take the L but if I was a betting man I'd guess if we're in the lead on that regard it will be marginal at worst.

Seriously, who the hell cares about the other teams? 

Dropping points against out-of-form or poor sides can obviously happen but if we really want to challenge for the league title, if we really want to win it, then we need to be beating those sides way more often than not. Am sure there are more examples going back to Sarri's season, Conte's second season etc but here are some of our shockers under Lampard, including the opponents' form and league position pre-game:

L 0-1 West Ham - 5 losses in 6 games; 17th in the table
L 1-3 Everton - 8 losses in 11 games; 18th in the table
L 0-1 Bournemouth - 1 win in 10 games, including 5 consecutive losses; 15th in the table
L 0-2 Southampton - 2 losses in 3 games; 17th in the table
D 1-1 Brighton - 5 losses in 9 games; 14th in the table
L 0-1 Newcastle - 4 losses in 6 games; 13th in the table
D 2-2 Arsenal - 2 wins in 15 games; 10th in the table
D 2-2 Bournemouth - 12 losses in 16 games; 16th in the table
L 2-3 West Ham - 8 losses in 11 games; 17th in the table
---
D 3-3 West Brom - 19th in the table; 1 win all season. Do I need to say more?
L 0-1 Everton - 9th in the table but 1 win in 7 games, including 4 losses
L 1-2 Wolves - 10th in the table but 1 win, 3 losses in 5 games

• Like 3
Just now, Jason said:

Dropping points against out-of-form or poor sides can obviously happen but if we really want to challenge for the league title, if we really want to win it, then we need to be beating those sides way more often than not. Am sure there are more examples going back to Sarri's season, Conte's second season etc but here are some of our shockers under Lampard, including the opponents' form and league position pre-game:

L 0-1 Bournemouth - 1 win in 10 games, including 5 consecutive losses; 15th in the table
---
L 0-1 Everton - 9th in the table but 1 win in 7 games, including 4 defeats

That is a horrific....Chels is the gift.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I'm not talking about the first 4 seasons by the way, I'm talking about our one and a half year under Lampard. Second of all, bringing rivals into it is irrelevant because as a club we should focus on our own performances. You said that us losing points against out of form teams is a myth, as soon as I challenged that you start bringing rivals up and comparisons within the last year four years etc. Just admit you were being edgy, and didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

Let me start bringing up some facts. Us losing points against teams that are incredibly out of form started early last season. On Nov 30 2019, we lost 0-1 at home against a West Ham team that lost 6 out of their 8 matches and won none. Imagine facing a team that didn't win in their last 8 games and gifting them 3 points at the bridge, incredible. On Dec 7 2019, we faced Everton and lost 3-1 to them even though they lost three matches in a row. On Dec 14 2019, we faced Bournemouth at home that lost 5 matches in a row and guess what? They won 0-1 at the Bridge when teams like Wolves, Newcastle etc were destroying them in that 5 games losing streak that Bournemouth had. On Dec 26 2019, we faced a Southampton team that only won 1 of their 3 games and we lost 0-2 to them at home. 

After these fixtures we had in November/December we went 4 games unbeaten faced Newcastle on Jan 18 2020, they only won 1 game out of their last 6 and guessed what happened? Ofcourse we lost to them 1-0. After this game we went on another crazy run, until Jul 1 2020. This one is shocking because we faced a West Ham team that only won 1/drew 2/lost 9 in their last 12 games!! The match they had before facing us was a loss by the way, so we made them kickstart their relegation survival form. They beat us 3-2 and had a good form afterwards which meant that they didn't relegate.

Now you see why people talk about us gifting points against teams that are out of form. The same pattern is occurring this season, we lost against Wolves and Everton that were out of form. And when did that exactly happen? In December...... some things just never change under Frank.

P.S. All of the teams I mentioned lost before facing us so it's not like they won a game and continued that when they faced us. We made them start their good form which is worrying considering we want to be where Liverpool is in the near future. There is clearly something wrong with the mentality of the players and the coach.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

---

Well done bro, I provided a more detailed analysis though. Look at my response to @Tomoand see how shockingly out of form some teams were. I didn't even realise it was that bad.

21 minutes ago, Vesper said:

all are out as far as I can tell

Well that’s comforting to hear, no matter we can manage with our current team, surprisingly I’m quite relaxed about this fixture for some reason 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

Well that’s comforting to hear, no matter we can manage with our current team, surprisingly I’m quite relaxed about this fixture for some reason 

if we had a full strength side we would smash them

IF our forward players are clinical we still can

Emerson worries me though on defence

I desperately want this win, as it is a derby and arse are so shit atm it will be humiliating to lose to them

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if we had a full strength side we would smash them

IF our forward players are clinical we still can

Emerson worries me though on defence

I desperately want this win, as it is a derby and arse are so shit atm it will be humiliating to lose to them

I’m optimistic that we will win, there confidence is non existent, plus there is a probability that aubameyang and martinelli will not play, so zero excuse we should not win this game.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Errrr am I missing something here?

WHO?

Grealish I gather is what he means

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

'All traces of Arsène Wenger are gone and what remains is a US-registered ghost ship sailing through the doldrums'

Plus eating their income....kroenke is one disgusting owner with no ambition, he just wants properties.

On the game itself we cant show these cunts any respect, dont let them breath.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Jason said:

---

That Arsenal draw pissed me off..we played well..came away with only a point and they scored after we took a corner! 

Doing something stupid tommrow wouldn't surprise me...hopefully we can approach this well and start well! Not give them a kick start and us a slide down again 

• Like 1