• Kovacic
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

I think the first time we tried 3-4-3 at Emirates, we were decent.

The mistake for that game was that Lampard started with Emerson (sigh) and later hooked him to bring on Alonso. I don't recall that we changed formation (could be wrong, that game was a year ago). It was just LWB for LWB change if I recall correctly

No, the 3-4-3 setup just didn't work at the Emirates last year and Emerson happened to put in a horrendous performance on top of that. He was brought off, Jorginho came on and changed the game from there.

• Like 1
  • Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All smiles from our lot shaking hands at the end with Arsenal players, that's half the fucking problem.....mates, friendly, nice nice.....fucking dog shit mentality 

Need @Tomo to tell us how we don't gift points to all trash out of form teams, fucking joke.

Lampard needs to go, this is beyond awful, absolutely zero excuses.

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I see Martinelli is fit just in time for his first PL match back against us. ūüėí Right when both RJ and James are injured. Azpi got burned for pace against Declan Rice yesterday so that should be a fun matchup this weekend.

Apparently been their most dangerous player against City so far.

Has gone off injured.

Just now, Jason said:

No, the 3-4-3 setup just didn't work at the Emirates last year and Emerson happened to put in a horrendous performance on top of that. He was brought off, Jorginho came on and changed the game from there.

Okay my mistake  ( @MoroccanBlue ) , thanks for correcting.

Yeah, now I recall. It worked well against Spurs, but backfired against Arsenal (who were anyway playing dour football at the time)

Somewhat off topic but with the festive period coming up and the whole thing about the new COVID-19 strain spreading wildly in the UK, hope the players don't go do anything stupid during their off time. 

Just now, Jason said:

Somewhat off topic but with the festive period coming up and the whole thing about the new COVID-19 strain spreading wildly in the UK, hope the players don't go do anything stupid during their off time. 

Think they're planning to do more frequent checks for tier 4 area clubs.

If nothing else, hope it helps to isolate infected players before they spread it everywhere.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

Think they're planning to do more frequent checks for tier 4 area clubs.

If nothing else, hope it helps to isolate infected players before they spread it everywhere.

Yeah, they are but still, anyone going down now with the virus would be BS for us given the fixture congestion. 

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here in the States we've got NBA players going to strip clubs mere days before the season starts tonight. ūüėāūüėāūüėā

I'm sure we'll see one of our players do something idiotic like go to a party.

Losing to these lot would be a huge blow. It's such a Chelsea thing to do though. We've been giving results to teams that are out of form since last season. If it happens again, then it's time that everyone seriously asks questions about the manager.

The pundits on ESPN said there will actually be more pressure on Chelsea in this match, because anything other than a win against this team would be unacceptable.

I'm so nervous about this match given how the stage is being set,...will take any kind of win. Even if we scrape it by some fluke.

Losing or drawing in any way would be beyond embarrassing.

Also have to hope that no shit refereeing or VAR decision comes into the picture. Would be typical for the officials to grant Arse or one of our rival teams a favor

• Like 4
5 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pretty sure Lamps decided that Alonso will never play again after WBA.

I know but I mentioned that only because Chilwell is reportedly out for 2 weeks and we have 2 games in 3 days coming up. Can Emerson play 2 games in 3 days? I know the argument would be that he hasn't played a lot but playing 2 games in 3 days is still a lot for anyone. 

Moreover, it's not as if Lampard has never brought someone back from the cold. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I know but I mentioned that only because Chilwell is reportedly out for 2 weeks and we have 2 games in 3 days coming up. Can Emerson play 2 games in 3 days? I know the argument would be that he hasn't played a lot but playing 2 games in 3 days is still a lot for anyone. 

Moreover, it's not as if Lampard has never brought someone back from the cold. 

We need a Lamptey-type elevation. Or someone playing out of position vs Villa at home.

21 minutes ago, Strike said:

We need a Lamptey-type elevation. Or someone playing out of position vs Villa at home.

Who exactly? Maatsen is out on loan and Azpi is already gonna play this game. Playing another person out of position at LB is just silly, especially when Villa are no mugs this season. 

There's no entirely a clear pattern here but a lot of Arsenal's recent losses have come when they saw a lot more of the ball:

Arsenal's Opponents - Arsenal's Possession Stat - Result

Fulham - 54.4% - W
West Ham - 62.6% - W
Liverpool - 34% - L
Sheffield Utd - 64.5% - W
Man City - 41.5% - L
Leicester - 56.3% - L
Man Utd - 46.7% - W
Aston Villa - 58.8% - L
Leeds - 33.7% - D
Wolves - 56.2% - L
Arsenal - 69.8% - L
Burnley - 64.7% - L
Southampton - 35.2% - D
Everton - 57.8% - L

Given that and Arsenal's lack of creativity going forward, I wonder whether Lampard will set up to play on the counter...or just try to attack them and potentially leave us susceptible to counter attacks like what happened in the FA Cup final last season and our recent losses at Everton and Wolves.

I absoutely hate this scenario, especially in derby matches. It is not only about Chelsea, but happens in every single sport - a supposedly even game (a derby match is a derby match, right?) where one of the teams is favoured by every human being and their dog and surprise, surprise what do you get? A dog shite performance from the favourites. I saw this scenario happen time and time again, I am completely fed up with it (people into sports betting know very well what I am talking about here ha ha).

Not taking anything for granted in this match, but an Arsenal win would be "so Chelsea" and would probably put me on hold in regards to English football for some time. I can barely read some news after a draw v Southampton, a loss v the current Arsenal, the joke team they have become, I don't think my stomach is ready for it.

• Like 1