• Kante
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

But these things need work on the training ground? Guardiola, for example, didn't just make his sides play tiki-taka football by just attempting it.
We can attempt it all we want but if opponents just defend deep and have lots of players back with no space to play in the penalty box, then it's hard to do that because we would likely just get crowded out and lose the ball anyway. Furthermore, someone's hold-up play like Abraham is average at best while Giroud blows hot and cold with it. It's not like we have a peak Drogba leading the line to play off.
Let me repeat myself I'm not talking about Guardiola level tiki taka but basic combination play. I can tell you've not played football in real life much. Combination play is the most basic way of playing football, even local teams can do it. So no it's not something you need time for, when I used to play it's just passing and moving. It's that simple. You can either play with a triangle or just two players that are playing 1-2 passes.

There hasn't been one time in that whole match that we've passed the ball in the middle. Rewatch the whole game if you don't believe. All we did was pass the ball to James or Chilly and they crossed the ball. It was one of the strangest things I've seen in my life as a Chelsea fan.

1 minute ago, Azul said:

Let me repeat myself I'm not talking about Guardiola level tiki taka but basic combination play. I can tell you've not played football in real life much. Combination play is the most basic way of playing football, even local teams can do it. So no it's not something you need time for, when I used to play it's just passing and moving. It's that simple. You can either play with a triangle or just two players that are playing 1-2 passes.

There hasn't been one time in that whole match that we've passed the ball in the middle. Rewatch the whole game if you don't believe. All we did was pass the ball to James or Chilly and they crossed the ball. It was one of the strangest things I've seen in my life as a Chelsea fan.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just merely pointed out that if we're going to make this a thing, then it needs work. 

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just merely pointed out that if we're going to make this a thing, then it needs work. 

He's too inexperienced, if we keep him then this season is finished. We can still save the season, we're 6 points off top(at max) and we are in the last 16 of the CL. A worldclass coach would make this team unbelievable. I don't think people realise that.

Every match is kind of same style of play, Pass Zouma to Silva , back to Zouma - Reece cross and nothing. We are not creating form the middle even we have players can do that. Lamp's doesn't have a plan B, it's clear. He is not reacting during te game. Idk what to expect from now. 

If you can't beat any side from the top half of the table you can't be title challengers .

Lampard is going to be needing way more time  to even get to level of making his team have a team mentality of Like Liverpool or Man city of past years.

Chelsea - Liverpool  0:2

Man . Utd - Chelsea 0:0

Chelsea - Tottenham 0:0

Everton - Chelsea 1:0

Wolves - Chelsea 2:1 

3L - 2D-0W  |  1:5 goal difference 

He's too inexperienced, if we keep him then this season is finished. We can still save the season, we're 6 points off top(at max) and we are in the last 16 of the CL. A worldclass coach would make this team unbelievable. I don't think people realise that.

You don't know this at all though. The team is inexperienced as well it all takes time. Stop casual fanning it and just blaming everything on the manager. We spent a load of money therefore we should win etc. As if it's lampards fault Werner and havertz have really underperformed so far transitioning to the prem. It'll come but it'll take time.

Yep, you are going to die in that pro-Lampard hill. [emoji4]
Imagine being on a "Chelsea forum" and getting criticism for backing a Chelsea legend who has done no wrong so far as a Chelsea manager because of 2 losses.

It is really evident when we lose who the "twitter fans" are by the ones sounding like arsenal fans. I'm glad actual fans have a bit of common sense.[emoji23]

You don't know this at all though. The team is inexperienced as well it all takes time. Stop casual fanning it and just blaming everything on the manager. We spent a load of money therefore we should win etc. As if it's lampards fault Werner and havertz have really underperformed so far transitioning to the prem. It'll come but it'll take time.

Did we pass the ball sideways for the whole game? Yes or no?

Is it the managers instructions? Ofcourse, because the exact same thing happened against Everton and many other games where we won. These players are incredibly good and you can tell that when they play international football, why? Because they're performing there and are being played in their rightful position with the right system. I'm sorry but Frank is too inexperienced to manage a big club like this whether you like it or not.

You said "Chelsea legend". While I agree that he is as a player, this confirms you are blind and will die on the hill for him no matter what. [emoji4]
And you're dumb if you think I'm pissed off because of "two losses". Only deluded fans like you will say something like this, when they know I'm talking about the poor performances we had over Lamps' tenure. But, you know - because it's Frank Lampard, we shouldn't DARE criticise him. Otherwise you're a plastic fan. LMAO.

No you're a plastic fan because of how you've only ever popped up every time we lose and you're the same as many others are and have always been that way. That's how you're known on here ffs [emoji23]

You weren't saying lampard out and all this shite 5 days ago?

Criticism is fine. But you're not constructively criticising, your just crying lampard out because we lost.

Last season expected to finish 6th. Finished 4th. So did well all things considered as agreed by pretty much everyone (other than the glory hunters not mentioning any names...)

This season. Qualified from the champions league and probably 6 points of top in a crazy season. Sorted our huge defensive issues and big issue we had with set pieces, now are one of the most dominant set piece teams. Yeah we've spent a lot of money. But havertz not being able to make a simple pass is probably not lampards fault, although I'm sure you'll argue that it is.

And we're 13 games into the season. Sure we lost some games and there have been some questionable decisions for example I would have played Kova over havertz. However how anyone can scream lampard out is hilarious and sounds just like some sort of AFTV shit. It's been 2 shitty performances and until we get a much bigger sample size then that's all it is.

Imagine being on a "Chelsea forum" and getting criticism for backing a Chelsea legend who has done no wrong so far as a Chelsea manager because of 2 losses.

It is really evident when we lose who the "twitter fans" are by the ones sounding like arsenal fans. I'm glad actual fans have a bit of common sense.[emoji23]
We're judging Frank Lampard the manager and not the football player ffs. Are you able to think logically and criticise him without seeing him as a legend for our club? I haven't seen you criticise him for once, all you do is criticise the players when you know full well that managers are able to make mistakes as well.

I wonder why you haven't judged Frank once? Oh yeah it's because you're too much of a fanboy to think straight, you even got him as your display picture which tells me he was your favourite player. Try to not see him as a legend but as a football manager and we'll be able to have decent discussions in the future.

Did we pass the ball sideways for the whole game? Yes or no?

Is it the managers instructions? Ofcourse, because the exact same thing happened against Everton and many other games where we won. These players are incredibly good and you can tell that when they play international football, why? Because they're performing there and are being played in their rightful position with the right system. I'm sorry but Frank is too inexperienced to manage a big club like this whether you like it or not.

You can say that as authoritively as you like but he's never getting sacked this season.

No we didn't pass the ball sideways all game. We passed it ok but there was zero chemistry between midfield and all of our attackers. Havertz slowed things down and timo was ineffective.

If you're actually claiming that you think the sideways passing was because lampard told them too then you're hilarious. As if they can do all this other stuff but havertz is like "lampard will tell me off if I play it forward", pure made up rubbish.

And your inexperience comment is completely unfounded. He's inexperienced sure but the rest you don't know at all.

We're judging Frank Lampard the manager and not the football player ffs. Are you able to think logically and criticise him without seeing him as a legend for our club? I haven't seen you criticise him for once, all you do is criticise the players when you know full well that managers are able to make mistakes as well.

I wonder why you haven't judged Frank once? Oh yeah it's because you're too much of a fanboy to think straight, you even got him as your display picture which tells me he was your favourite player. Try to not see him as a legend but as a football manager and we'll be able to have decent discussions in the future.

Who's talking about him as a player. He's the same guy.

And who's blaming the players. It's all the lampard out crowd blaming the players. I haven't blamed anyone. As I've always said these things take time. Havertz has been poor sure but I believe he will get there. It just takes time.

And I have questioned his decisions multiple times I just understand the process and no one is ever gonna agree with everything he does.

I'm also a FAN and therefore it's a much better experience when you SUPPORT the team rather than just slag them off at every opportunity like you boys do.

But it's fine don't worry I understand TC is basically just twitter now and people spout shite all over.

Also LOL at getting called a lampard fanboy on a Chelsea forum because I have had him as my profile pic for like 10 years or whatever. The plastic is melting out of you lot.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

And just like I said back then, it was never on, a decent run led to unrealistic expectations. 

Question though..

At the start of the season, gauging all the top teams, I would have hands down agreed with you even with our investment in the transfer window.

But with Liverpool and City the way they are, and Tottenham of all teams on top of the league, would you consider it acceptable not to at least challenge?

Even if we were to disregard comparisons to other teams, you only have to compare us to Chelsea of the previous season and see how different the points total is. You would expect us to be ahead and not below.

This team should be capable of a lot better., and that's why even after the past 2 shitty results, I'm not ruling us out entirely.

On a side note....fucking Klopp seems to have jinxed us with his comments about being the PL title favorites. I think he knew what he was doing and it might have swayed the mood in our camp. Till that point we were just happily taking it game by game.

The positive note is that I suspect we will remain within touching distance of at least one of Spurs or Liverpool even after midweek and next weekends fixtures.

A win for Spurs tomorrow might be problematic, however. All Jose needs is a win over the closest challenger to seal his title charge.

You can say that as authoritively as you like but he's never getting sacked this season.

No we didn't pass the ball sideways all game. We passed it ok but there was zero chemistry between midfield and all of our attackers. Havertz slowed things down and timo was ineffective.

If you're actually claiming that you think the sideways passing was because lampard told them too then you're hilarious. As if they can do all this other stuff but havertz is like "lampard will tell me off if I play it forward", pure made up rubbish.

And your inexperience comment is completely unfounded. He's inexperienced sure but the rest you don't know at all.
WE HAVEN'T PASSED THE BALL SIDEWAYS FOR MOST OF THE GAME? DID YOU ACTUALLY SAY THAT?!

Mate you're starting to wind me up, instead of blatanly lying open your fucking eyes. All we did is pass the ball sideways. Ofcourse Lampard told them that, because we did that against Everton and we did it against Sheffield etc. Lampard even said it in a post match interview before that he has been training the lads to use the wings a lot and even make Kovacic/Mount/Havertz play out wide to receive balls and cross/pass the ball.

We did it in the first half and we kept on doing it in the second half. It's crazy to see how you're in denial. You really remind me of TY from ArsenalFanTV. I'm not taking you serious anymore.

WE HAVEN'T PASSED THE BALL SIDEWAYS FOR MOST OF THE GAME? DID YOU ACTUALLY SAY THAT?!

Mate you're starting to wind me up, instead of blatanly lying open your fucking eyes. All we did is pass the ball sideways. Ofcourse Lampard told them that, because we did that against Everton and we did it against Sheffield etc. Lampard even said it in a post match interview before that he has been training the lads to use the wings a lot and even make Kovacic/Mount/Havertz play out wide to receive balls and cross/pass the ball.

We did it in the first half and we kept on doing it in the second half. It's crazy to see how you're in denial. You really remind me of TY from ArsenalFanTV. I'm not taking you serious anymore.

Mate read the words. WE DIDN'T PASS THE BALL SIDEWAYS ALL GAME as you argued. We tried exploiting the wings which was a good strategy.

We have giroud up front getting it wide is important and some of our biggest threat. When timo played we played more through the middle. But if you watched it we didn't just pass sideways as you claimed.

You're shouting for lampard out and saying I'm the one from AFTV. Yeah ok mate. Well you enjoy sitting there rooting for us to fail.

The proper fans will support the team and constructively talk about it rather than spout the same shit.