• Werner (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's coming together for Frank, Jody and the rest at the moment. The idea is there now. We're looking great tactically. Far better than where we were a couple weeks ago. Players playing in the right p

Unbeaten in 12 games. Kept 9 clean sheets. Scored 30 goals in 12 games. 2 points off top spot in the league. Finished top of our UCL group. Qualified for the UCL Last 16. Best goal differe

Yeah the same Frank everyone wanted sacked around 6 weeks ago 🤣 It was always going to take time. Yes he's learning on the job, but he is a smart bloke and will get it right. Imagine a SAF future

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Jason said:

Understandable to rotate against Sevilla tomorrow but won't be surprised if we ended up with a defeat. Would gladly take a draw. 

In many ways we've got a win win situation tonight (in the short term).

Win and next week's game is practically a friendly.

Draw and top spot is in our hands next week (plus Sevilla winning at Rennes is anything but a foregone conclusion).

Lose and next week's game is practically a friendly.

So basically either side win we for all intents and purposes wipe a game of our schedule. If it weren't for Bayern (genuinely believe we'll make the quarters if we dodge them) I wouldn't really care about finishing top but assuming the other English teams finish top we will have a 1 in 4 chance of pulling them which is too high for my liking, so hopefully we get the win tomorrow! 

• Like 4

Seeing how the likes of Atletico, Real, Inter, PSG etc are struggling to qualify from their group, really glad that we have done so without any trouble, especially in this crazy season. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I want this win for my birthday prezzie!!!!

we celebrate our birthdays on the 4th as wifey is born a few days after me, so the 4th is in the middle

Remember Remember the 4th of December 👍👍👍👍

• Like 2
In many ways we've got a win win situation tonight (in the short term).
Win and next week's game is practically a friendly.
Draw and top spot is in our hands next week (plus Sevilla winning at Rennes is anything but a foregone conclusion).
Lose and next week's game is practically a friendly.
So basically either side win we for all intents and purposes wipe a game of our schedule. If it weren't for Bayern (genuinely believe we'll make the quarters if we dodge them) I wouldn't really care about finishing top but assuming the other English teams finish top we will have a 1 in 4 chance of pulling them which is too high for my liking, so hopefully we get the win tomorrow! 
I agree. I want us to keep this train rolling of not losing but I'm fine with a draw and happy risking it a bit more with rotation to keep players fresh for Leeds who will be a challenge with their energy.

I fear one team which is bayern. Anyone else I can get behind the thought of us winning but bayern are just a different animal in recent years.

Plus given the fact that it looks like United, pool and city will all top their groups that is 3 teams we can't get if we come second which gives us:
25 percent chance bayern.
25 percent chance dortmund (assuming they stay top)
25 percent chance barca
25 percent (probably real if they win their last game at home which they should)

So we'd be favourites vs 1/4 of the teams there (even though I'd rate our chances of beating barca and real Madrid).

Now should we top the group it opens us up to a lot more possibilites:

Atletico Madrid
Inter (probably)
Porto
Atalanta
Lazio
Juve
Psg

No lay ups there either but no one I'd fear.

So in conclusion

Win the group. Draw Porto. Win. Sorted.
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

I agree. I want us to keep this train rolling of not losing but I'm fine with a draw and happy risking it a bit more with rotation to keep players fresh for Leeds who will be a challenge with their energy.

I fear one team which is bayern. Anyone else I can get behind the thought of us winning but bayern are just a different animal in recent years.

Plus given the fact that it looks like United, pool and city will all top their groups that is 3 teams we can't get if we come second which gives us:
25 percent chance barca
25 percent (probably real if they win their last game at home which they should)

So we'd be favourites vs 1/4 of the teams there (even though I'd rate our chances of beating barca and real Madrid).

Atletico Madrid
Inter (probably)
Porto
Atalanta
Lazio
Juve
Psg

So in conclusion

would love to draw Porto as that allows us to see Malang Sarr in action against our steamroller

15 hours ago, Hutcho said:

25 percent chance barca

Atletico Madrid
Inter (probably)
Porto
Atalanta
Lazio
Juve
Psg

So in conclusion

I think we'll be favourites against Real if they carry on playing like this. Barca the big danger is Messi having one of his touched by God games if he doesn't I truly believe we would get past Barca and pretty comfortably.

Bayern are the only big one to avoid for me, we'll make a bigger fist of it than last year but I still think over two legs they'll have a bit too much.

• Like 4

The kind of match a draw is good enough for me because to be honest what I care about the most is to keep the momentum going and stay undefeated. I mean football is about the talent, IQ, tactics etc. but still the confidence and the atmosphere play a huge part, too and Chelsea must continue to ride this positive wave.

Although it seems to be the kind of match we've all seen before where we'd settle for a draw, why not, thinking it's an away game on a difficult ground and then Chelsea go there and do the job immaculately like the Conte wins at the Etihad or in Madrid v Atletico where I did not even break a sweat in front of the TV. And the similarities were that the momentum was in our favour and everything seemed to click at the club, this is why it is important to keep the unbeaten run going on and on.