• Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Mount (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Of course but given the circumstances, hell will break loose if we don't win tomorrow. 

Definitely..no disrespect to them but if we can't get points here how do we expect to go far in this comp...plus need a little boost.

• Like 1
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going with Ziyech for MOTM

I love Mendy plucking balls from under the wings of 747s flying past... What a signing ūüėć

Pulisic always tries to reach the box

17 minutes ago, Azul said:

Literally makes no sense. What about Tomori, who has done nothing wrong?

It will be quite telling if Tomori doesn't feature here. Either he is underperforming in training or there are deeper issues we don't know about between him and Lampard. 

Tomori literally has all the makings of a top CB. Wish it was he that was learning from Silva and not Zouma. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

It will be quite telling if Tomori doesn't feature here. Either he is underperforming in training or there are deeper issues we don't know about between him and Lampard. 

Tomori literally has all the makings of a top CB. Wish it was he that was learning from Silva and not Zouma. 

Am guessing one of Rudiger or Tomori will feature alongside Zouma. Judging by the bench on Saturday, I'd say Rudiger will start and Tomori will be on the bench tomorrow.

I too would like to see you Tomori and get more chances. But I also think that Zouma is having a good start to this campaign, a few notable lapses notwithstanding.

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Lampard claims to be a fair man manager, and says that he starts people based on their performance. We clearly know that's bs because Rudiger/Christensen cost us so many games, but he starts them time and time again. The same thing is with Kepa as well, how many games did he start after he made so many mistakes? Caballero was the much better choice in a lot of games, but he kept starting Kepa. It shows us that there is clear favouritism here.

Whereas with Tomori, I don't remember him making big mistakes that costs us the game. Lampard is the worst man manager I've seen at Chelsea in a long time. He starts Mount on the wing instead of CHO after he begged him to stay, and now he is reintroducing Rudiger into the team after Tomori has done nothing wrong this season. It doesn't make sense at all.

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Azul said:

Lampard claims to be a fair man manager, and says that he starts people based on their performance. We clearly know that's bs because Rudiger/Christensen cost us so many games, but he starts them time and time again. The same thing is with Kepa as well, how many games did he start after he made so many mistakes? Caballero was the much better choice in a lot of games, but he kept starting Kepa. It shows us that there is clear favouritism here.

Whereas with Tomori, I don't remember him making big mistakes that costs us the game. Lampard is the worst man manager I've seen at Chelsea in a long time. He starts Mount on the wing instead of CHO after he begged him to stay, and now he is reintroducing Rudiger into the team after Tomori has done nothing wrong this season. It doesn't make sense at all.

Never trust a manager when he (or she) talks about rewarding performances or meritocracy. It's always BS. 

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Azul said:

Also not playing kovacic and starting Pulisic on his off-wing just when he is coming back from injury - talk about reintroducing confidence.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Jason said:

A preview from Krasnodar's perspective...

http://russianfootballnews.com/champions-league-preview-krasnodar-v-chelsea/

Looks like they have 12 players out, either through injury or illness, including their starting wingers and full backs. And their backline is apparently "almost painfully slow".

Donetsk were in the exact same situation going to Madrid and look what happened.....

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Yup. Has all the makings of a fuck up

Also,if even their depleted team were THAT bad they wouldn't have drew at Rennes.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Donetsk were in the exact same situation going to Madrid and look what happened.....

One might argue that Real underestimated Shakhtar.

40 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Also,if even their depleted team were THAT bad they wouldn't have drew at Rennes.

I didn't watch that match but maybe Rennes weren't that good or Krasnodar got lucky, if the stats are anything to go by.

And there's a reason why Krasnodar are languishing in mid-table in their league.

In any case, there's no excuse for us tonight. Facing a depleted squad or not, we must win and (hopefully) win with a convincing performance!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Azul said:

Lampard claims to be a fair man manager

I've never heard a manager claim to be unfair.

10 hours ago, Azul said:

We clearly know that's bs because Rudiger/Christensen cost us so many games, but he starts them time and time again.

You can't cost the side a game if you're not selected. The proper judgement is not whether X, Y, or Z cost us a game. It is whether the manager was justified, all things considered, in making the choice that he did. All of our centre backs, bar Thiago, have been judged not good enough by at least some posters on here yet the manager has to pick someone for those positions. If you had been that manager some posters would now be second guessing your choices. Indeed, Frank has picked all of the CBs in question in various combinations and has been criticised for selecting each and every one of them. If all options are problematic there can be no perfect answers and certainly no easy ones.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You can't cost the side a game if you're not selected. The proper judgement is not whether X, Y, or Z cost us a game. It is whether the manager was justified, all things considered, in making the choice that he did. All of our centre backs, bar Thiago, have been judged not good enough by at least some posters on here yet the manager has to pick someone for those positions. If you had been that manager some posters would now be criticising your choices. Indeed, Frank has picked all of them in various combinations and has been criticised for selecting each and every one of them. If all options are problematic there can be no perfect answers and certainly no easy ones.

How did that become my quote when I didn't even say it? 

10 hours ago, Azul said:

Whereas with Tomori, I don't remember him making big mistakes that costs us the game. 

Just want to point out, Tomori made many stupid mistakes, but fortunately they haven't costed us a goal. Of course Zouma and others are making this mistakes also, but only Tomori was cut off almost completely because of that.

• Like 1