• Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well thanks for the depressing conversation guys and gals. I'm happy with the result - we have stopped leaking stupid goals and the team looks more organised. Lots of new players all needing

I genuinely think Frank should be given the season at the very least. He's owed that after bringing many fantastic players to the club.  You'd hope that playing with 5 defenders and a better goal

I know Spurs had luck in their favour with United going down to 10 men but even before Martial was sent off, Spurs were 2-1 up and were quite dominant. They controlled the midfield and was able to dea

Posted Images

I agree. Too much respect for this United side which has Mata and James.

Lampard should be adding a midfielder and going to a back four  surely

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

Mendy is so good. So much better than Kepa. I love this guy. 

Well, I wouldn't say so good yet. But after having a T-rex armed, funsized gk in goal for the past two seasons it does make me feel a lot better. Only concern I have so far is composure and distribution. 

As for this game, we really need Kova on as we have no one linking the midfield to the attack. CM is now our biggest problem imo. 

As for the game the Walking Forehead seems to be able to do what he wants to us. Kick us in the balls, choke slam our players in the penalty area. Just waiting for a Tombstone as a finisher now. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

You want to play this formation and tactics? You play Giroud, otherwise it's pointless. 

It can work if we utilize the pace of Pulisic and Werner like what Liverpool did when they had Owen.

3 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Mendy did well after his error. Very cagey first half to be expected away from home. Will open up in the second half

Exactly those screaming sack Lampard he cannot coach a defence are now having a meltdown because we are not going gung-ho.

It's fucking unbelievable. 

If Pulisic had scored and we had a penalty could be 2-0 up. 

This level of doom and gloom should be reserved for Arsenal fans...

Bit like the Sevilla game but with more of the ball here. Defense and midfield solid but attack isn't clicking.

Feels like I say this every match week but we always look miles more dangerous when we play quickly and move the ball around. Pulisic and Havertz look good when getting the ball on the move and running at the defense. Reece and Chilly got into good positions a couple of times as well. But when we play slowly it just makes it easy for them to defend.

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

Exactly those screaming sack Lampard he cannot coach a defence are now having a meltdown because we are not going gung-ho.

We are not exactly defending well, its just that United are shit. Even with 5 defenders on the pitch we are still being sliced up by Dan fucking James and the dead corpse of Juan Mata. 

Just now, Tomo said:

It can work if we utilize the pace of Pulisic and Werner like what Liverpool did when they had Owen.

Not against teams that traditionally sit deeper tbh. I agree that we should've played Giroud if we were going direct over the top to break United's press which isn't even that good. 

It would maybe make more sense to have Pulisic and Werner coming off Giroud with this setup. 

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

We are still conceding a chance or two even with this ultra-defensive tactics Lamps has put.

This is looking like a see-saw now. Before we are heavily on offensive, now we are heavily on defensive. 

Also I know VAR has fecked us again here, but we shouldn't be just looking at that.

• Like 1