Jas
Followers 3

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mendy has been class since we got him.  I can't believe there was actually discussion at one point that we need someone "world class" after he had a stretch of 3 average games or something. Hones

Whether Mendy is truly the real deal for us in the long run remains to be seen but he's not the problem right now. There are problems further ahead of him.

Posted Images

Proper scouting job by Lollichon and looks a smart pick-up in today's GK market. Everyone praising that save at the end but the save from Rashford earlier in the first half was also equally good. He was out of his line and cutting out the angle 

• Like 1
On 10/25/2020 at 1:20 AM, Jason said:

Mendy is really one of few players who can't afford to get injured (or miss games basically) until we get another reliable GK as his backup!

Cech is the backup!

Totally best buy of the transfer window for me. 

Chillwell is amazing, and I know Kai will become a monster. 

But we needed desperately to improve our defense and instantly Mendy has done that. 

Buy of the season for us and can help us transform going forward. 

• Like 2
On 10/25/2020 at 4:38 PM, Atomiswave said:

mendy.gif.e457d92fc02a531f006b2c953cd693b9.gif

What a save. Kepa would not even have moved and people on here would have said, it was a definite goal, what would have been the point of moving or jumping. (Yes, this actually was said last season by some one 😂😂)

• Like 3

One thing I noticed about Mendy is that he doesn't put his arms slightly behind before jumping like Kepa does, which costs those crucial centimetres of either reaching or not reaching. It's a bad habit of Kepa's, sort of like Brana putting his hands behind his back... still remember how we all went nuts every time he did that. :lol:  Anyway, Mendy doesn't have this habit, which is showing in saves like that Rashford shot.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

What a save. Kepa would not even have moved and people on here would have said, it was a definite goal, what would have been the point of moving or jumping. (Yes, this actually was said last season by some one 😂😂)

Exactly, Kepa would have done that crouch thing, without moving then start berating the defenders. He did that so many times

• Like 1

Edouard made a great save against MU after 2 or 3 minutes of play. With Kepa as GK, it would have been 1-0.

Edouard made a great save against Krasnodar after 2-3 minutes of play. With Kepa as GK, it would have been 1-0. 

He made additional good saves, including one world-class against Krasnodar, flipping the ball against the cross-bar.

It says a lot about the importance of having a good GK. Game changer.

Hopefully, he won't get injured. I do not want to see Kepa as GK any time soon.

• Like 1

He could let in an average amount of goals and I'd love him. But he's looking good. Making the rest of the defence look better. So long may it continue. Maybe our defence isn't so bad after all. Who knows

• Like 1