Edouard Mendy

Jase

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Decent debut all around but he might as well be a ghost in that penalty shootout. Even Kepa might have saved something...

The ironic thing is out of all our #1 keepers signed in the Roman era Kepa is probably the best at pens, Cech (Munich was an anomaly) and Courtois were crap with them aswell.

28 minutes ago, Jason said:

Decent debut all around but he might as well be a ghost in that penalty shootout. Even Kepa might have saved something...

tbf all spot kicks were brilliantly taken until the one from mount. not sure what kepa would have done if he had gotten the right way once, probably fumbling it.

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The ironic thing is out of all our #1 keepers signed in the Roman era Kepa is probably the best at pens, Cech (Munich was an anomaly) and Courtois were crap with them aswell.

Caballero clear #1 with pens. saves like 30-40% of them.

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

tbf all spot kicks were brilliantly taken until the one from mount. not sure what kepa would have done if he had gotten the right way once, probably fumbling it.

Were they? 

Mendy didn't even go to the correct side once and IIRC, he went to his left for the first 4 penalties and all the goals went to his right. When he went right for the fifth penalty, the goal went to his left. I mean...LOL. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

It's not so much he didn't get to them, more didn't even look like doing so. If he went the right way for a couple but was beaten due to the quality fair enough, but he was sold everytime.

It's not a dealbreaker as i said Cech and Tibo were equally shit with pens but we may have to consider doing an LVG if/when we next head to a shoot-out. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Were they? 

Mendy didn't even go to the correct side once and IIRC, he went to his left for the first 4 penalties and all the goals went to his right. When he went right for the fifth penalty, the goal went to his left. I mean...LOL. 

not saying his decision making wasnt poor but all of them were right into the corner. so he should have speculated but most penalty saves come from pouncing on a poor shot.none of those spot kicks was poor enough such that you could have dived after the shot is taken.

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

not saying his decision making wasnt poor but all of them were right into the corner. so he should have speculated but most penalty saves come from pouncing on a poor shot.none of those spot kicks was poor enough such that you could have dived after the shot is taken.

Tomo nailed it here, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's not so much he didn't get to them, more didn't even look like doing so. If he went the right way for a couple but was beaten due to the quality fair enough, but he was sold everytime.

On 24/09/2020 at 11:36 PM, Vesper said:

I met my wife when she slammed into me whilst I had two arms full of grocery bags coming of the Harvey Nichols food hall, lolol

shit went everywhere, and she helped me to pick it up, and because my dress got sauce all over it, she gave me her number and said to call her and she would pay the bill to clean it

I gave her my number too, and she called 2 days later and said if I had not had it cleaned yet, to meet her and her friend would do it it for free

we met up the next day, and then we had a drink at a pub in Covent Garden (The Harp) and that's when we found out we were both lesbi and single

the rest is history, as they say

Great story. Isn't life brilliant? Think of how many other people you nearly bumped into in your life and how easily this could have been just another near miss. Instead it changes your life - amazing. You must both be cutesy people I suppose because I'm pretty certain that if I chucked ketchup over some random woman's clothes it wouldn't go quite so well for me. 🙂

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Catch cross ✔️

Make saveable save ✔️

Good game. 

This is serious goalkeeping wisdom. This is what goalkeeping distills down to. Dr Winston O'boogie himself sang it best:

#Nothing you can save that can't be saved.

I will say, it's refreshing to see a keeper in our net who is bloody massive. Excited to see how he looks when he's totally settled, in sync with the defense, and is used to how opposing teams attack corners and set plays.

Should be considerably less nerve wracking for us to watch our keeper now I hope.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

This is serious goalkeeping wisdom. This is what goalkeeping distills down to. Dr Winston O'boogie himself sang it best:

#Nothing you can save that can't be saved.

This is what happen to fans of a club with kepa as their gk. 

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Great story. Isn't life brilliant? Think of how many other people you nearly bumped into in your life and how easily this could have been just another near miss. Instead it changes your life - amazing. You must both be cutesy people I suppose because I'm pretty certain that if I chucked ketchup over some random woman's clothes it wouldn't go quite so well for me. 🙂

Try hollandaise sauce, not ketchup.

Posh it up!

lolol

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Try hollandaise sauce, not ketchup.

Posh it up!

lolol

:):) If she's buying hollandaise sauce at Harvey Nichols she's already out of my league.

I did buy a nice coat in there once for my then girlfriend, now the mother of my beautiful daughters, in the late 70's early 80's. Definitely the first, and as far as I remember, the last thing I ever bought there.

14 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

:):) If she's buying hollandaise sauce at Harvey Nichols she's already out of my league.

I did buy a nice coat in there once for my then girlfriend, now the mother of my beautiful daughters, in the late 70's early 80's. Definitely the first, and as far as I remember, the last thing I ever bought there.

was me with the hollandaise

Harvey Nics was my go-to food hall