Edouard Mendy

Jase

Gutted he can't be shot in tomorrow, another match of torcher with the Krapa

Surely willy. Hopefully.

Lamps can even use the "he played so well" excuse to the media to down play it. If West Brom see kepas name on the team sheet it's gonna be nothing for 30 yard attempts.

EixfnuaX0AEo7-e?format=jpg&name=large
"If I've told him once, I've told him a thousand times. I say you you can't win a lottery if you don't buy a ticket. He looks at me bemused. I say Kepa! You can't save a shot unless you dive!"

"And you paid how much?"

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edouard Mendy: Everything you need to know about Chelsea's £22million goalkeeper

The 28-year-old has signed a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge, where he will look to usurp Kepa Arrizabalaga as Frank Lampard's first choice between the sticks

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-transfer-edouard-mendy-wiki-22736820

He did pretty well. No idea what he was doing on the pens but it's a pen shootout and anything can happen so no real issue with that.

Barring the one that went through his hand he was commanding and made us look more solid from corners and made a couple of saves which we've seen go in before.

3 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Pretty nice performance. Sure is commanding at jumping for the ball. Hard to judge on the penalties, but it looked like Hilario told him to go to his left all the time.

lol yeah that sure didn't help. But he probably had not been prepared to well for a shoot out. Oblak once had the nerve to stand still for an entire shootout in a cl final and still turned out a decenet keeper^^

Apart from one drop of the ball he was quite good. I particularly like the sharp save he did with his leg that was something that i feel would have beaten Kepa. He collected a ton of high balls and even punched a few corners. Also I liked most of his passes. As I said in the match thread. Nothing special but he looks super assured which is exactly what we need.

Not bad. Had that iffy moment with a cross but looked comfortable enough. Improvement on Kepa so far, wouldnt be difficult but has to show over course of a season hes going to make a difference. 

Didnt do anything well in the penalties but neither did Lloris. Some of the worst GKing iv seen in penalties think like 10 were taken they guessed right way twice between them. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Decent debut all around but he might as well be a ghost in that penalty shootout. Even Kepa might have saved something...

the the key is to not get involved in pen shootouts!

or sub in Willy