Edouard Mendy

Jase

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

true dat, Kepa is great at saving PK, i will give him that, its a great weapon to have in penalty shootouts.

so ironic as Sarri and most us had a FIT when Willie (who is a freak on PK's, just sucks at most all else) couldn't come in for PK's due to Kepa's refusal, lolol

Just now, Vesper said:

so ironic as Sarri and most us had a FIT when Willie (who is a freak on PK's, just sucks at most all else) couldn't come in for PK's due to Kepa's refusal, lolol

not gonna lie, i was pissed with Kepa’s attitude, i just feel that Willy coming on would have been a masterstroke at the time. Kepa ended up making up for it against Frankfurt in the EL semis.

On 03/01/2022 at 16:11, Tomo said:

He's going to be a huge miss this month.

Say what you like about Kepa looking better under Tuchel but the reality is even an improved Kepa doesn't save that Salah shot in the second half.

That's the crucial difference the very top keepers make.

Not sure we should praise Mendy for that save because if he conceded that we would be very angry with him questioning what was he doing so far from the goal line. 

On 03/01/2022 at 10:11, Tomo said:

He's going to be a huge miss this month.

Say what you like about Kepa looking better under Tuchel but the reality is even an improved Kepa doesn't save that Salah shot in the second half.

That's the crucial difference the very top keepers make.

I am actually looking forward to seeing Kepa, Mendy is no doubt a better shot stopper, but Mendy has his own weakness that being his distribution, ability on the ball, bypassing the press. When Mendy is the GK he needs his passing options to be near him, which makes it easier for the opposition to contain, in contrast when Kepa is the keeper everyone is more spread out. 

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I am actually looking forward to seeing Kepa, Mendy is no doubt a better shot stopper, but Mendy has his own weakness that being his distribution, ability on the ball, bypassing the press. When Mendy is the GK he needs his passing options to be near him, which makes it easier for the opposition to contain, in contrast when Kepa is the keeper everyone is more spread out. 

True.

You could argue on current form, Kepa is more useful in games where we do not allow many shots anyway. This makes Mendy a bigger miss when we are playing City and a wounded Spurs but might help us in the other games.

• 3 weeks later...

Senegal in the final. I had them as winners before tournament but tbh they reached final without facing any of top 6 or 7 African teams. They will in the final. Also important for them to avoid any penalty shootouts with Mendy. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Senegal in the final. I had them as winners before tournament but tbh they reached final without facing any of top 6 or 7 African teams. They will in the final. Also important for them to avoid any penalty shootouts with Mendy. 

they are pretty loaded tbh, the only thing they lack is a great pure AMF, but they have many wingers who can play there

many of these CF's can play winger, many of DMF's can play CMF

Sadio Mané   LW
Kalidou Koulibaly   CB
Edouard Mendy  GK
Ismaïla Sarr  RW
Abdou Diallo   (LB/CB) 
Pape Sarr DMF
Krépin Diatta    RW
Boulaye Dia   CF
Idrissa Gueye   DMF
Habib Diallo  CF
Pape Gueye  DMF