Edouard Mendy

Jase

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

I knew he was going to be a star after his first couple of matches that I watched him play as a blue. He got a lot of unnecessary criticism from the fans. Now, he is easily top 5 GK in the world. 

If his distribution was better, he'd have no comparison. 

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

If his distribution was better, he'd have no comparison. 

On the line and in the air he probably is the best. Also a very brave man. In a game where some Brentford players spend ages on the floor after having been touched by RLC's should, Mendy being hit by a venomous shot in the face just needs a bit of a breather and gets up like a boss to make another world class save. Gives me Edwin van der Sar vibes. Comes to a big club at an advanced footy age but does not kick a fuss about it and just delivers week in week out. Let's hope can carry on just as long.

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I would drop him for Kepa for a couple of games, keep him on his toes. That penalty we conceded was really really poor.

Give him one more game I'd say. He continues to look shaky rotate with Kepa. 

Give him a chance to bounce back. 

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Was there ever any debate to drop Cech for Turnbull when he had a poor game or two?

We wouldn't have beaten Watford less than four days ago if it wasn't for him.

Its the confidence issue, he clearly is in his head lately, could have cost us points against Utd and against June & Watford too. He needs a bit of rest to clear his head we have a long month ahead we can't have a goal keeper who is lacking confidence in a title race, look what it eventually did to Kepa under Lampard. Tuchel has done a perfect job of it with outfield players like Harvetz, Werner, Chillwell & Cho. He took them out of the firing line & it helped them long term.

He is a good goalie but we need to move on in the future for one that can be so better with the ball at his feet. 

That's if we want to continue to improve and be a more possession based team. Because a possession based team you need a goalie to play from the back. 

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

He is a good goalie but we need to move on in the future for one that can be so better with the ball at his feet. 

That's if we want to continue to improve and be a more possession based team. Because a possession based team you need a goalie to play from the back. 

I swear to god...

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

If not for him we wouldn´t be first in the league. He will bounce back for sure. 

We aren’t first in the league

he looked dodgy for all goals today but can happen

west ham we’re clinical af and our defence let him down on occasions

Kepa cost us points game per game when he was playing so we should not lose it yet