Jase
Followers 3

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mendy has been class since we got him.  I can't believe there was actually discussion at one point that we need someone "world class" after he had a stretch of 3 average games or something. Hones

Whether Mendy is truly the real deal for us in the long run remains to be seen but he's not the problem right now. There are problems further ahead of him.

Posted Images

On 21/03/2021 at 15:52, Jason said:

Mendy not going for international duty because he needs an operation...on his tooth!

His dentist must be like:

squirrel nut zippers dentist GIF by Leroy Patterson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

22 clean sheets already this season. 15 in the Premier League, which is 2nd only to Ederson (17) and 1 ahead of Emi Martinez (Villa play tonight).

That 22 is just 1 less than Kepa, 6 more than Courtois and 6 less than Cech managed in their debut seasons at the club.

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

15 in the Premier League, which is 2nd only to Ederson (17)

Worth mentioning that Ederson played 5 more games. 

Mount and Kai might be the ones grabbing the headlines for the game and they were both top notch. But my man of the match goes to Mendy, who I thought had his best game so far.

Started well at the club but then had a bit of a wobble for a while, to the point where some fans were even calling for Kepa to be recalled. So credit  to Mendy for bouncing back the past few weeks.

• Like 2

What a signing. He and Silva are the most important upgrades on what we had last season. 

Best thing is he is hitting is absolute best form right at the business end of the season. Mentality monster with his sharp commands after great saves. 

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

Has anyone watched Navas in those 2 legs? I cannot believe Mendy has been there (France) all along and they go after Navas.

While I do get that nowadays some strategies demand that the goalie use his feet, he still needs to be good at the basics. and Navas isn't.

Edited by robsblubot

Absolute class performance today!  Interesting to watching him grow within the team.  Seemed somewhat timid on arrival but was extremely vocal today and you love to see it.

8 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Has anyone watched Navas in those 2 legs? I cannot believe Mendy has been there (France) all along and they go after Navas.

While I do get that nowadays some strategies demand that the goalie use his feet, he still needs to be good at the basics. and Navas isn't.

A little harsh, granted Navas fucked up against City but he came up clutch for Real (and Costa Rica) in big moments for years.

• Like 1

He is a world class shot stopper and commander of area, not even up for debate. We got an absolute steal. One less position to worry about come transfer window.

On 13/03/2021 at 23:13, Jas said:

Mendy vs recent first choice keepers in their first season:

Cech - 28 clean sheets in 48 games
Courtois - 16 in 39
Kepa - 23 in 54
Mendy - 19 in 31 ***

Mendy has already got 24 in 41 games now. 

Cech won POTY in 10/11. Mendy is actually better this season.

10 years ago we also did not have some crazy attacking players: Anelka 16 goals, Malouda 14, Lampard, Drogba and Kalou 13, Ivanovic after that with 6 goals.

Usually attackers take all the credit and awards but surely there must be option for GK or defender to win POTY? 

I dont know what more should Mendy do to be considered? His standard cannot be higher. VVD won POTY when Salah scored 27 goals, we did not have outfield player on that level this season.

And our defense is second best in the league (best under Tuchel) and attack is 7th so I think this award should go to Mendy but Silva and Rudiger should also be candidates.