• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Abraham
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

What gets me is Chilwell plays minutes mid week and no sign of him today, what the fuck is going on there? We keep talking about getting players back from injuries but there isn't any daylight in this either..
Knowing our fucking luck Mendy will get COVID-19, Chilwell will get fouled by his cat and Pulisic will hurt his toe nail...
There is a major problem behind the scenes medically for me.
Lampard said during press conference that Chilwells injury is very complex and he will not risk another setback.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

It is crazy to me how some of the British media is so blatantly against Chelsea. I generally enjoy content from The Guardian, but reading their sport section on Chelsea just showcases how biased they are.

For this game for example, they take great pleasure in mentioning the defensive errors for the goals, the WBA awareness to react on them, how Chelsea have spent money on players that arent instantly lighting up the league, how WBA was unlucky to not win the game etc. 
Even the angle for the Chelsea goals is a negative one, that it is the increasingly marginalized academy players who had to come and save the team. 

Fair enough, WBA did the most with what opportunities they had, but the score did not even slightly reflect the game. They were the inferior team from minute one, and looking at the score only is being results-oriented. We could have scored 5-6 goals from regular play, whereas their came from a set-piece and two individual errors. 

For comparison, they were more positive on Man Utd who literally stole the three points today than a team coming back from 0-3. 

Am I reading the wrong papers, or is this a common thing?

Just now, Jason said:

Or Football Manager, where you just throw everyone up and hit that 'Overload' button...

Honestly do amateurish. It's crazy because the switch to 433 is where we picked up momentum to score that first and second goal and we almost paid for it by switching away from that. Could argue that that momentum could've carried us through to a win but Lampard took one step forward with the change to 433, and two steps back. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Bet Mourinho cannot wait to play us on Tuesday after watching that. Bale against Alonso if hes fit. Fuck me. Could be a cricket score

Well for a start i imagine he'll play the youth team as they have a league game and Europa game 2 days either side.

Secondly Lampard has thoroughly outfought Mourinho everytime they've faced eachother.

After watching how we were so ill prepared to attack WBA, I am starting to see what people critical of Lampard are getting at that he really has no game plan and this team will be great when we get a manager that has a plan every week. The mistakes led to the goals, but i did not see anything that looked like we had a plan against them. When you have this much talent, you better know how to use them. Arteta is a new manager, but he is always executing a plan. Lampard needs to step up his game.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

After watching how we were so ill prepared to attack WBA, I am starting to see what people critical of Lampard are getting at that he really has no game plan and this team will be great when we get a manager that has a plan every week. The mistakes led to the goals, but i did not see anything that looked like we had a plan against them. When you have this much talent, you better know how to use them. Arteta is a new manager, but he is always executing a plan. Lampard needs to step up his game.

This the same Arteta that got thoroughly outplayed by Moyes on his own patch and fluked a win with their only shot of the second half? 

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The plan would likely have worked apart from a freakish situation of 3 shots faced and 3 goals conceded.

No team in the world can operate on that basis ever.

We might as well just say fuck it and play rush goalie...

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

The plan would likely have worked apart from a freakish situation of 3 shots faced and 3 goals conceded.

No team in the world can operate on that basis ever.

We might as well just say fuck it and play rush goalie...

But this is not a game off. 

Barnsley could have easily scored 3 in the 1st half the other day. And apart from Silva we played 3 different players.