Kai Havertz

Blues11

2 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Jose wanted Costa and CESC - he got it. He wanted willian despite having hazard, Oscar, mata, schurrle, kdb and Moses, he got it 

We sold kdb and mata for him. 

Same with Conte - got Morata and lost Costa, got emerson, Alonso, bakayoko. Even bid twice or thrice on Sandro but Juve kept increasing the price.

But there is only so much shit that the board can deal with. But more often than not, it has been what the manager has wanted. 

But yeah, agree to disagree. 

Actually, Jose did want to keep both but they wanted to leave as they werent playing and the Euros was coming up. He stated this during that window and in the next season.

Plus if your going to turn around and say that selling those two to fund moves for Matic and Salah wasn't a good move at the time, then it wouldnt be true. We were arguably one of the most effective teams at maintaining the FFP rules in that time (ok its not exactly something to shout about completely but still...) and while they may have gone on to do very well (KDB and Salah as well a season later) you cannot keep players who do not want to stay 9 times out of 10, at any football club. De Bruyne was insistent on being sold and not loaned. Mata wanted to be played more regularly and got his move to United which after 2 seasons of playing regularly and doing well, looked a mistake in terms of how his career has gone IMO.

Yes managers have gotten what they have wanted to an extent here in terms of players but you cannot say that the club havent also made inputs through Emenalo or others or made decisions that have ruffled a few feathers. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

It's ironic you praised the board for "ignoring" the fans on those names when this is the same board who spent 70 million Kepa, who looks a totally lost cause now, 50 million+ Jorginho, who is neither here nor there, 50 million+ on Morata - we're lucky that Atletico are "generous" and 30 million+ or whatever on players like Drinkwater - they even gave him a 100k p/w wages! The board should be praised when they have gotten it right but let's not pretend they have not had their fair share of shockers over the years. 

But it does seem like Lampard has earned the respect of the board and will have significant input on transfers. I generally like the players mentioned in the press as 'Lampard signings' too.

Few months ago, we were looking at Moussa Dembele in attack but now have got Werner and Ziyech. Big gamble from Lamps to wait for the right player but it seems like it could just pay off^

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Few months ago, we were looking at Moussa Dembele in attack but now have got Werner and Ziyech. Big gamble from Lamps to wait for the right player but it seems like it could just pay off

Yep, I think Dembele was always a target of the board / scouting department but Lampard never really fancied him. He'd have taken him as a January signing if available but Lyon refused to sell mid-season and for the summer window Lampard never even considered him. Looking at some of the rumored targets (Mertens, Aubameyang and then finally landing Werner) it's clear Lampard wanted someone more versatile who can play different positions or roles across the front line, instead of Dembele who can only play up front as a sole striker.

I believe his versatility is one of the main reasons Lampard wants Havertz so much too.

8 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Exactly my point

o, your 'point ' is not valid, and you persist with slanting and disinformation tactics

I NEVER claimed exact, to the pound, figures. I  always left a large  amount of tolerance in my final cumulative tallies. That large amount of wiggle room, even if I was off by a near impossible figure of £100m total from my own positings (which already took into account a smaller figure as possibility), still doesn't come CLOSE to negating the hundreds of millions of pounds shit away, monies that I have meticulously documented for years now here.

I also NEVER, EVER claimed anything, ANYTHING, other than a running total on certain transfers fees, whether spent, or potential sales (ie turn-downs) and then the actual final selling price. I never expanded my purview beyond that as it was NOT necessary nor was it germane to the discussion. as I NEVER got into the fundamental bottom line of the clubs cumulative operating balance sheets.

So your point is moot, sorry.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

o, your 'point ' is not valid, and you persist with slanting and disinformation tactics

I NEVER claimed exact, to the pound, figures. I  always left a large  amount of tolerance in my final cumulative tallies. That large amount of wiggle room, even if I was off by a near impossible figure of £100m total from my own positings (which already took into account a smaller figure as possibility), still doesn't come CLOSE to negating the hundreds of millions of pounds shit away, monies that I have meticulously documented for years now here.

I also NEVER, EVER claimed anything, ANYTHING, other than a running total on certain transfers fees, whether spent, or potential sales (ie turn-downs) and then the actual final selling price. I never expanded my purview beyond that as it was NOT necessary nor was it germane to the discussion. as I NEVER got into the fundamental bottom line of the clubs cumulative operating balance sheets.

So your point is moot, sorry.

No my point from the outset was that none of us know the inner workings of the club re transfers/monies/personal preference. You're the one who seems insistent that you know better than the rest of us... You don't though. It's not a slight on you though. Don't take it personally

30 minutes ago, ulsterchelsea said:

No my point from the outset was that none of us know the inner workings of the club re transfers/monies/personal preference. You're the one who seems insistent that you know better than the rest of us... You don't though. It's not a slight on you though. Don't take it personally

no, I am only adding up up the transfers in and out, the prices paid, the moneys taken in on the sales, and the offers turned down for some of the players, and what they eventually went for or will go for (at best)

it certainly does not require access to the club's books to give a rough calculation, especially when I a priori give a HUGE amount of leeway with the figures that are not 100% known (due to them being future forward projections)

it is not rocket science and there is no way for anyone to put so much lipstick on the pig that it wipes out hundreds of millions of pounds shit away

I suggest you go and actually look at my myriad and detailed posts and explain to me how you can make hundreds of millions (after giving huge benefits of the doubt) of pounds simply disappear

again (and for the last time) I am NOT dealing with a holistic treatment of the entire balance sheets of the club

I am ONLY talking about the transfer market and our interactions with it, and you are continuously try to conflate multiple other areas that I never once expounded upon

45 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I suggest you go and actually look at my myriad and detailed posts and explain to me how you can make hundreds of millions (after giving huge benefits of the doubt) of pounds simply disappear

I'll give it a miss thanks. Anyway, derailed this thread enough. Sorry everyone

21 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Actually, Jose did want to keep both but they wanted to leave as they werent playing and the Euros was coming up. He stated this during that window and in the next season.

Plus if your going to turn around and say that selling those two to fund moves for Matic and Salah wasn't a good move at the time, then it wouldnt be true. We were arguably one of the most effective teams at maintaining the FFP rules in that time (ok its not exactly something to shout about completely but still...) and while they may have gone on to do very well (KDB and Salah as well a season later) you cannot keep players who do not want to stay 9 times out of 10, at any football club. De Bruyne was insistent on being sold and not loaned. Mata wanted to be played more regularly and got his move to United which after 2 seasons of playing regularly and doing well, looked a mistake in terms of how his career has gone IMO.

Yes managers have gotten what they have wanted to an extent here in terms of players but you cannot say that the club havent also made inputs through Emenalo or others or made decisions that have ruffled a few feathers. 

There is a difference in 'wanting' to and actually working towards it.

I want to sleep with Kim Kardashian and gal Gadot, does not mean I will get it.

Kdb gets MOTM against hull and then gets benched for months for a player who did not have a hundreth of his quality. 

You can't expect a manager to freeze a player out with out a reason other than his own asenine judgement and then expect the player to just bend over and take it. It's not how the real world works, it might work in "Jose world" like that though. In short, I want to say is, Jose drove them out, no matter whatever shit he peddles in the public.

I won't say kdb was justified. O feel he was worth fighting for even with josr, and our board should have done that. Sala I agree, he sermed okay-ish.

But that is the reason sometimes that the board has to say no. You can't get willian, matic, Costa and CESC and then want the board to spend another 150m on Pogba and varane. Conte won the league in 16/17, a year after the Jose debacle so I think the board were rught in not caving into Jose anymore. Also his career trajectory redeems them further.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53401114

Havertz wants away and would consider a club regardless of CL or not

Makes sense if he a smart kid. If you are 28 or something then CL football might be the deal breaker. But at 21 it should be all about a long term project and development. Chelsea is the perfect place to come and be a part of a club back on the up with a great mix of experience and youth.

CL footy is a bonus.

Makes sense if he a smart kid. If you are 28 or something then CL football might be the deal breaker. But at 21 it should be all about a long term project and development. Chelsea is the perfect place to come and be a part of a club back on the up with a great mix of experience and youth.
CL footy is a bonus.
Depends how good you are. If you are Mbappe level, you need to go to a club that plays CL. If you are Havertz level and still inconsistent with your performances, non CL football with the right project would be fine too.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

CL footy is a bonus.

Yep, the BBC article says pretty much exactly what I wrote a few pages back. For a young player it should be all about the club's ambition, their long-term vision and of course getting a nice big salary is welcomed too. Havertz can have all of that at Chelsea if he joins.

Obviously an immediate trophy contender (Bayern, Real Madrid) can offer the same too with the added bonus of more chances of short-term success but as a downside the pressure is higher at those clubs too, not to mention there are better players competing for the same positions so there's also a higher chance of his development stalling if he doesn't hit it off immediately. But that's something for him to consider before making his move, if he's happy with Chelsea's project and the club can agree a deal with Leverkusen I'm sure he'd want to join with or without CL because those two clubs don't seem to be after him for a 2020 move. Werner was more than willing to join Lampard's project so why wouldn't his pal Havertz want to do the same?

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Depends how good you are. If you are Mbappe level, you need to go to a club that plays CL. If you are Havertz level and still inconsistent with your performances, non CL football with the right project would be fine too.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Do you not rate him?