Followers 4

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i am so smart.

Drogba could do it all. Play on the wing, operate in tight spaces, be an aerial threat, hit long shots. Win free kicks (sneakily) He is the kind of intelligent, not to mention ruthless, player we

Per the interview, it seems more so that he just wasn't interested in playing that style of football and preferred playing in a more technical league but over the last few years (I guess he means duri

32 minutes ago, Dan Lee said:

Hope that we extend Silva's contract.

The detail will depend on how much he wants to stay but, if his desire to continue here is strong, let's hope we can get him to agree to retire from international football as a condition of getting a new contract.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The detail will depend on how much he wants to stay but, if his desire to continue here is strong, let's hope we can get him to agree to retire from international football as a condition of getting a new contract.

He said his number one goal is to play World Cup in 2022 so no chance that happens. His contract is 1+1 so no doubt we will use that option. We need him more than he needs us tbh...

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He said the other day that he already wish he gets a renewel.

• Like 1

Thiago has pretty much admitted the next world cup is the main reason he's so motivated to keep going still so this is a trade off we're just going to have to suck up! 

• Like 2

Let the guy play the WC, he's gonna be 37 by the time it comes around and I am more than confident he will be good enough to play at that level for Brazil still which means he will be more than good enough to keep playing here. I know we should be selfish and say we don't want him to play it but regardless of age, if you asked anyone chance to win the WC or chance to win a domestic league, what do you think they'd pick? 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

He said his number one goal is to play World Cup in 2022 so no chance that happens. His contract is 1+1 so no doubt we will use that option. We need him more than he needs us tbh...

Thanks for the info. The retirement certainly shouldn't be a deal breaker for us but would have been nice if doable.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Let the guy play the WC, he's gonna be 37 by the time it comes around and I am more than confident he will be good enough to play at that level for Brazil still which means he will be more than good enough to keep playing here. I know we should be selfish and say we don't want him to play it but regardless of age, if you asked anyone chance to win the WC or chance to win a domestic league, what do you think they'd pick? 

Agreed the decision has to be up to him and if he wants to play international football then that's his choice. It's just galling that he has to miss matches for us. There should be a happier marriage between club and international football. The key to that would be an ending of Blatter's international breaks allowing the club season to be uninterrupted and therefore to be completed at least seven or eight weeks more quickly than is the case now. That would leave room for an international 'season'. A season which would be more engaging and more enjoyable than what we have now.

The fact that club seasons around the world do not run on the same timetable would be a difficulty but if there is a will there can be a way. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

For now, yes but this time next year? Debatable. We definitely need to get a new CB next summer. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

For now, yes but this time next year? Debatable. We definitely need to get a new CB next summer. 

I think its inevitable he will likely be starting for us next season regardless if we sign a new CB or not. Especially based on what we have seen so far. A year isn’t that far away. Plus even if he didn’t start every game, you’d still want him around as his experience at the level he’s played at, what he’s done and his know how is getting harder and harder to find in younger CBsHe is clearly rubbing off on Zouma already, you can see a huge improvement in Kurt. He looks more at ease playing with Thiago also. He may be 36 but he has still got everything. Positionally, tactically, technically and physically he is still in good shape. I doubt it will change much next season. Obviously he was a short term signing but the fact we want to renew him already speaks volumes. 

Most probably he has done his hammy too but his actions were absolutely phenomenal - he continued to fight for the Chelsea shirt, even with one leg, and never stopped leading the backline. Such a warrior and legend. I can only hope he will not be out for too long.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Unbelievable player, i pray he can be a CB version of Zlatan and last till 40. 

Welcome to the club. I have been praying since his second game for us.

• Like 1