Malang Sarr

Tomo

On 09/12/2021 at 14:38, Vesper said:

Get him the fuck off the team. He more than likely fucked up our CL already.

22 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Great business. Got him for free, we will get at least 20m maybe more for him after recent good games.

Quite a contrast within 3 last posts in this thread.

I mean he is not terrible

has had 2 torrid games last fall but apart from that been ok. 
100 times better than having the lanky liability on the field

also sarr turned 23 yesterday, still quite young for a defender. Can surely pull off being a conservative left back and lcb. Pacey, reasonable on the ball and in the air. Should be able to improve his upper body strength 

will never be a great footballer but as a squad player for the rest of the season …Fine by me 

16 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I mean he is not terrible

has had 2 torrid games last fall but apart from that been ok. 
100 times better than having the lanky liability on the field

also sarr turned 23 yesterday, still quite young for a defender. Can surely pull off being a conservative left back and lcb. Pacey, reasonable on the ball and in the air. Should be able to improve his upper body strength 

will never be a great footballer but as a squad player for the rest of the season …Fine by me 

Yeah, from a squad depth view he is a good option. I mean, I rather have him sitting about to be CB5/LB3 than have no one. 

Only issue is our academy players who could potentially also fill that position; although you're then equally at danger of restricting their development through lack of minutes. 

15 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, from a squad depth view he is a good option. I mean, I rather have him sitting about to be CB5/LB3 than have no one. 

Only issue is our academy players who could potentially also fill that position; although you're then equally at danger of restricting their development through lack of minutes. 

Yeah we should not keep hold of him long term. but we will lose 2 or 3 cbs in summer and need a bit of stability there. Don’t mind him staying till 2023. He ultimately is not good enough to block a place for a really talented youngster but I currently don’t see who that would be yet. Esp not at lb 

11 minutes ago, King Kante said:

What academy players could fill his position though realistically? Mbuyamba? Hall (although he played out of position in that game)? And even then, the development point you’ve made is also spot on as well as asking if these guys could really cut it against higher level opposition if required.

Sarr may not be exceptional but he’s aged 23 and has over 150 professional games under his belt. Bigger concerns than Sarr. 

41 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

What academy players could fill his position though realistically? Mbuyamba? Hall (although he played out of position in that game)? And even then, the development point you’ve made is also spot on as well as asking if these guys could really cut it against higher level opposition if required.

Sarr may not be exceptional but he’s aged 23 and has over 150 professional games under his belt. Bigger concerns than Sarr. 

Colwill. However, Colwill riding the bench until a number of injuries isn't great. 

Edited by King Kante

46 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yeah we should not keep hold of him long term. but we will lose 2 or 3 cbs in summer and need a bit of stability there. Don’t mind him staying till 2023. He ultimately is not good enough to block a place for a really talented youngster but I currently don’t see who that would be yet. Esp not at lb 

I still have a feeling Dave will re-sign late and one of AC/Rudi will do also. Let's see how CB plays out. Personally, I am still of the opinion that if 3atb continues James may end up there and Livra may come back. However, that'll be another 18 mouths minimum. 

9 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Colwill. However, Colwill riding the bench until a number of injuries isn't great. 

Yep.

Still think for Colwill, who’s only 18 I think, another loan or two on top of this one will be paramount for his development.

Another who like Broja (even with the Lukaku situation), theres absolutely no need to rush him into being a Chelsea player for the sake of it. Another 18 months minimum of regular first team football for him, as a young CB particularly, is more essential than replacing Sarr as a player who sits on the bench/plays once every 4-6 weeks.

Sarr’s still got plenty growth in him too as a player and all in all I think the more he’s played he will come on. Not expecting him to be a world beater but for another 12-18 months, a solid, dependable option. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yep.

Still think for Colwill, who’s only 18 I think, another loan or two on top of this one will be paramount for his development.

Another who like Broja (even with the Lukaku situation), theres absolutely no need to rush him into being a Chelsea player for the sake of it. Another 18 months minimum of regular first team football for him, as a young CB particularly, is more essential than replacing Sarr as a player who sits on the bench/plays once every 4-6 weeks.

Sarr’s still got plenty growth in him too as a player and all in all I think the more he’s played he will come on. Not expecting him to be a world beater but for another 12-18 months, a solid, dependable option. 

Yeah, whilst I don't think he is turning into a world beater, he has the biggest quality you want from someone like him in that CB5 role which is commitment. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...