Jase
Followers 6

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tears in my eyes. Finally a proper left back. 

Don't want to kneejerk too soon but if he keeps this up this will be my worst misjudgement ever, and I've made some in my time.

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

We'll see, Chilwell tried to carry on but it seemed Southgate withdrew him as a precaution. It didn't look particularly serious, hopefully it's just a bang and a week's chance to heal will hopefully be ok.

Chilwell shaked his head. He wanted to continue, however felt discomfort and when he was walking off you could see him saying he was unable to continue.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It was difficult to tell if it was anything really bad. Holding his lower back but didn't look to be in a lot of pain.

Hopefully not. I remember Hazard had a back issue couple years back and he missed a week and a few days but was back within a fortnight. Hopefully it is just that. I would be more concerned if it was a lower body injury though, so hopefully he is back for weekend.

I know Chilwell has started well here and depending on the injury or if it was precautionary substitution or not it, we may see Alonso (preferably over Emerson if I had to pick from the two personally) or Emerson in some capacity. 

I am sure it was the same when Alonso came in last season for a few games at the start and he did ok after Emerson had that decent few games under Frank, despite the doom and gloom of “oh ffs now Alonso needs to play” “hes so shit” bla bla bla

I am sure for a week or two these guys can surely fill in and be reasonable enough 😂

Hopefully precautionary but again if it means letting BC miss one game to be rested/fully recovered so hes fully fit to go for the week after (Spurs isnt it?) then surely Alonso/Emerson would suffice for 1 game. Or will it be a meltdown if one of them are named in the starting 11 next match 😂? 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am sure it was the same when Alonso came in last season for a few games at the start and he did ok after Emerson had that decent few games under Frank, despite the doom and gloom of “oh ffs now Alonso needs to play” “hes so shit” bla bla bla

Alonso was useless last season. Period. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Alonso was useless last season. Period. 

When he came in for Emerson at the start for a few games he did ok (ok being passable - not great) but obviously got worse as the season went on. I get overall he was shit mostly but if its going to be one or two matches its hardly worth getting in a twist over. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Better be prepare to see Emerson or Alonso back in the starting XI next weekend... :rant:

Azpilicueta says no.

Would sacrifice some attacking guile down the left in favor of defensive solidity.

We have James and Ziyech on the other flank.

Hope Lampard agrees. And hope Pulisic is also fit by some miracle 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I know Chilwell has started well here and depending on the injury or if it was precautionary substitution or not it, we may see Alonso (preferably over Emerson if I had to pick from the two personally) or Emerson in some capacity. 

I am sure for a week or two these guys can surely fill in and be reasonable enough 😂

Hopefully precautionary but again if it means letting BC miss one game to be rested/fully recovered so hes fully fit to go for the week after (Spurs isnt it?) then surely Alonso/Emerson would suffice for 1 game. Or will it be a meltdown if one of them are named in the starting 11 next match 😂? 

Thiago silva mostly sitting out the next one too. This looks headed for a disaster 😅

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

When he came in for Emerson at the start for a few games he did ok (ok being passable - not great) but obviously got worse as the season went on. I get overall he was shit mostly but if its going to be one or two matches its hardly worth getting in a twist over. 

As you pointed out, Alonso was also a disaster last season. So, you can't exactly only look at his OK games. 

Moreover if the bench selection over the last month is anything to go by, it seems like Emerson is ahead of Alonso in the pecking order. Okay, Alonso was suspended for the first 2 Champions League games but he hasn't been in the Premier League matchday squad since that disaster at West Brom. Only time he's made the matchday squad was the match against Rennes and even then, it was because clubs were allowed 12 subs on the bench in the Champions League. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

As you pointed out, Alonso was also a disaster last season. So, you can't exactly only look at his OK games. 

Moreover if the bench selection over the last month is anything to go by, it seems like Emerson is ahead of Alonso in the pecking order. Okay, Alonso was suspended for the first 2 Champions League games but he hasn't been in the Premier League matchday squad since that disaster at West Brom. Only time he's made the matchday squad was the match against Rennes and even then, it was because clubs were allowed 12 subs on the bench in the Champions League. 

This is Lampard we're talking about, freezing out in his language is two months in the naughty corner then return with a purple patch.

Also if we're going to do the customary 3atb vs Spurs in a fortnight, then Alonso can come in useful.

Called it. The internationals are at fault that we wont be competing for titles this season. we dont have the quality in depth.

Chilwell is one of the holy trinity. With all of them fit we can beat anybody but as soon as one is out (or more likely too as silva will probably be rested), the rest collapses.

The worst ist they now have packed 3 games into the 2 week int break instead of the usual 2 in a season where there is nothing to qualify. just this pathetic nations league. i would renuinely consider resigning from int duty as a player with this BS as long as they are exploited like this. I mean do not even know anyone who watches these deadrubber tinpot competiiton. It is completely worthless.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

This is Lampard we're talking about, freezing out in his language is two months in the naughty corner then return with a purple patch.

Also if we're going to do the customary 3atb vs Spurs in a fortnight, then Alonso can come in useful.

I have a feeling we will drop the 3atb strategy against Spurs this time around.

In fact, I thought we would have abandoned it (but didnt) when we played them in the league cup. Mourinho seems to expect it these days, and he countered by playing 3atb himself during the league cup.

If our best back 4 is fully fit, I don't see a need to revert to a 3atb formation 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The worst ist they now have packed 3 games into the 2 week int break instead of the usual 2 in a season where there is nothing to qualify. just this pathetic nations league. i would renuinely consider resigning from int duty as a player with this BS as long as they are exploited like this. I mean do not even know anyone who watches these deadrubber tinpot competiiton. It is completely worthless.

Players aren't fans, we may find international breaks boring but for them playing for their country is the holy grail.

Infact look at Thiago Silva, he's practically admitted the next world cup is the main thing that is keeping him so heavily motivated at this point.

• Like 1