Mikel John Obi

Badboy

No, you're praising him for so little, it was like when Liverpool at first where praising Andy Carroll for all the work rate he did, and all the small bits, when really he was just not good enough at all.

What Mikel is doing there, is the type of stuff Sandro like that do for fun, they are different players but Sandro taking pressure off other players is the thing what people wont even mention, because he does other things what make him so great. One day you will realise Mikel isn't good enough, i bet money on it, because theirs no way he will become even close to Michael Essien, what a poor replacement he really is.

This obviously isn't going anywhere. Let's just agree to disagree on Mikel.

LOl. I'm kind of surprised you guys rate Mikel, when in the past you guys had players like prime Essien and Ballack.

Exactly! That is exactly the problem: People want Mikel to be either a box-to-box midfielder (Essien) or an attacking midfielder (Ballack). And both those players come once every few decades. If you want to judge people by standards that high, you'd probably only leave Cech and Mata in your team. Thankfully all of our managers can see that Mikel does his job very well.

This obviously isn't going anywhere. Let's just agree to disagree on Mikel.

Exactly! That is exactly the problem: People want Mikel to be either a box-to-box midfielder (Essien) or an attacking midfielder (Ballack). And both those players come once every few decades. If you want to judge people by standards that high, you'd probably only leave Cech and Mata in your team. Thankfully all of our managers can see that Mikel does his job very well.

You mean the ones who got sacked for underperforming?

Now he's just got to convince the people who pay their hard-earned money to support the club week in and week out.

This is an opinion i can live with but and youre welcome but just calling a Player Shit and Not Worth a place on a biased opinion makes me feel sick because you can clearly See where it comes from

lol were you drunk when you wrote this? I was just saying Mikel is an average player, not shit, not amazing. A good squad member to have.

lol were you drunk when you wrote this? I was just saying Mikel is an average player, not shit, not amazing. A good squad member to have.

No I was refering to OTHERS not you mate on this thread, I can fully live with you're opinion because this is not a bashing this an opinion seemingly based on accepting he is good enough fo the squad but not you're first choice...

Now he's just got to convince the people who pay their hard-earned money to support the club week in and week out.

No we mean Mourinho whom all refert to as the greatest one this club has seen ever.

we refer to Ancelotti whom called Mikel the only player he would compare to himself whilst playing in Europe and whom won the double (Ancelotti was not a bad player if I should mention this to you)

we refer to Hiddink whom played Mikel in crucial games as theaway leg in Camp Nou

we refer to Wilkins who gave mikel massiv credit when he was assistant

and yeah they all get sacked or left us but what has this to do with mikel? I hold the players as a group in regret for this especially some senior members... there you go again... Mikel is at fault that every good manager we had was sacked...

But as an fan whom came over here when ballack did so I dont expect any better from... seriously...

There are 3 types of DM, deeplying playmaker, box to box and sitting DM.

Deep lying playmakers are xavi, pirlo, benat, modric,- they are allowed mobility and control the tempo of the whole team

Box to box are vidal khedira, ramires, sandro, essien. - They enter challenges frequently and their energy help the rest of the team in defensive situations.

sitting DM are xabi alonso, schweinstiger, javi martinez, busquets, carrick, mikel - They are good on the ball, threat from outside the 18box with shots, spray long balls to the attacking wings and can tackle

Mikel is in the sitting DM position but lacks shooting and long range passing to spread the play. I think thats the main problem

Deep lying playmakers are xavi, pirlo, benat, modric,- they are allowed mobility and control the tempo of the whole team

Box to box are vidal khedira, ramires, sandro, essien. - They enter challenges frequently and their energy help the rest of the team in defensive situations.

sitting DM are xabi alonso, schweinstiger, javi martinez, busquets, carrick, mikel - They are good on the ball, threat from outside the 18box with shots, spray long balls to the attacking wings and can tackle

Mikel is in the sitting DM position but lacks shooting and long range passing to spread the play. I think thats the main problem

And like we've seen he has that range of long balls I don't understand why he doesn't do it, if its the coaches advice?

Mikel was praised from mourinho for his long passes saying he is incredible play'n forty meter passes inchperfekt... look at his pass from our own half to mata against city... and many others he does from time to time... he cand o it and thats what I'm always reffering to when I say all he needs is to get his ass kicked... he always gets praises from the managers seemingly... I would get an very good DM he could have competition with...

He shoots as hard as an ochs just look at some of his shots he does... e. g. his shots against the crossbar or which go inches wide... and he doesn't do this, I just don't know why... because I think he can be a real addet threat on goal if he does this...

nontheless he is not the best thing since sliced bread but so is neither DM I can see at the moment...

The only thing that annoys me from time to time is his work ethic, if it wasn't for his perfect sence to close play down and intercept attacks I would kill him, he's not a player to track back very often... I was very surprised and pleased when he yesterday tracked the whole pitch back to nick the ball off agüero I think it was him... in the 16 yard box 2 times...

so he has his flaws but it's nothing he can't do... he just doesn't do it...

Gary Cahill : “I had way too much [to
do]. Normally at a big club, in a game you probably get asked to do three or
four important things in a game. [Against City] we probably had 20 or 25
Unfortunately, if you keep getting asked the question, ultimately there’s
going to be a goal.”

This is what happens when a team plays with two makeshift dms Mikel and lamps... one who cant defend and one who doesn't defend....its not hard to imagine the opposition will get more chances...also not helped by the fact mikel more often than not gives simple passes backwards creating pressure on our own defenders...

we really need some hard working mobile midfielders who can pass forward quickly towards our attackers and mantain our counter-attacking style of play....

Gary Cahill : “I had way too much [to

do]. Normally at a big club, in a game you probably get asked to do three or

four important things in a game. [Against City] we probably had 20 or 25.

Unfortunately, if you keep getting asked the question, ultimately there’s

going to be a goal.”

This is what happens when a team plays with two makeshift dms Mikel and lamps... one who cant defend and one who doesn't defend....its not hard to imagine the opposition will get more chances...also not helped by the fact mikel more often than not gives simple passes backwards creating pressure on our own defenders...

we really need some hard working mobile midfielders who can pass forward quickly towards our attackers and mantain our counter-attacking style of play....

Mikel doesn't defend? Now I've seen it all.

No he doesn't. The manager picks the team. He is given that job because he is better at that than fans or else all teams would hire fans instead of managers. Would be much cheaper at least..

That is an absolute myth. Mikel's range of passing is much better than people give him credit for but a pass takes two players: the passes and the receiver. Go back to 09-10 when we actually had proper movement among the forwards, Mikel played the most long balls on a regular basis. He certainly has the ability. Just look at the Sparta game for example; Mikel completed and astounding 12/13 long balls, at least twice as much as any outfield player.

Mikel doesn't defend? Now I've seen it all.

I said one who cant defend mate not doesn't defend... :P

Still Maybe I exaggerated beyond a little there but the fact remains there he is not a quality level of dm to be a starter for us simple...

I said one who cant defend mate not doesn't defend... :P

Still Maybe I exaggerated beyond a little there but the fact remains there he is not a quality level of dm to be a starter for us simple...

No, that's your opinion. I believe Mikel is very good. But I never claim that to be a fact.

That is an absolute myth. Mikel's range of passing is much better than people give him credit for but a pass takes two players: the passes and the receiver. Go back to 09-10 when we actually had proper movement among the forwards, Mikel played the most long balls on a regular basis. He certainly has the ability. Just look at the Sparta game for example; Mikel completed and astounding 12/13 long balls, at least twice as much as any outfield player.

Around 09-10 we used 4-3-3 more and for nigeria they play with 4-3-3 too. He is suited to this i feel, but now he is in a 2 man pivot so he should attempt more long balls so that our players start making movements when he is with the ball expecting passes from deep.

i didnt really take note of the long passes he gave in the sparta game but maybe that could be why we created so many chances for ladyboy in that match.

I know mikel has long range passing in his locker, but his reluctance to use it baffles me sometimes. I feel he is too scared to lose the ball but if our players realise he gives long pases every time, they will definately make run behind the defence(which have been lacking in our side) expecting his pass. Then the opposition defence have something extra to do, and not just marking out juan mata.

Around 09-10 we used 4-3-3 more and for nigeria they play with 4-3-3 too. He is suited to this i feel, but now he is in a 2 man pivot so he should attempt more long balls so that our players start making movements when he is with the ball expecting passes from deep.

i didnt really take note of the long passes he gave in the sparta game but maybe that could be why we created so many chances for ladyboy in that match.

I know mikel has long range passing in his locker, but his reluctance to use it baffles me sometimes. I feel he is too scared to lose the ball but if our players realise he gives long pases every time, they will definately make run behind the defence(which have been lacking in our side) expecting his pass. Then the opposition defence have something extra to do, and not just marking out juan mata.

I feel it also has to do with the manager. Movement up front is something you practice in training and we've been suffering from it all season and not just for long balls. Ball distribution against teams that press has been one of the major issues for us, imo.