Mikel John Obi

Badboy

@Kojo

OK so then buy Tiote whom has won against...

Norwich, Wigan, QPR, Swans and most notably Tottenham...

So he played 16 games and won 5 out of it and did loose against such big guns like Southhampton, Stoke Fullham... Wow I'm very convinced

Oh no let't get back Essien whom has literally no knees that would be te best

listen nobody is makeing excuses but you can say the same thing about you... everytime the team looses.... oh no not only then everytime you come over here and have a go on Mikel.., There are enough Reasons and even at the Phone-In after the match they all agreed that you can only pass if you have players running in and arround and we don't have...

@AFCON he was one of the best if not the best player, he was picked by every manager he has 250 cups... how many do you have?

If he was THAT useless he would've been sold on the first day

I make no excuses for him he was bad yesterday no doubt about that but like I've said why don't you have a go at Ramires who Isn't able to stop the ball and is running in to players?

what about Luiz that headless Chicken he has become?

what about ash who was anonymous?

whats with lamps?

whats with Oscar?

you mention one player and slate him for playing no pass into... where?

He played most accurate passes in ACON and more than one've been killerpasses so plz guys, why can he play somewhere else but not for us?

How many mistakes did Chech make what cost us a game?

how many did luiz?

how often was Lamps at fault for leaving the Midfield in recent years outnumbered?

It's not down to ONE player get real, the whole team is SHIT at the moment despite one and thats the Juan and only...

I agree we need to change the midfield... maybe Capouet or someone who will HELP this team, and I mentioned it earlyer Mulumbu seems a decent lad... he is happy enough to get a tackle in and run his socks of... this doesn't mean Mikel has to leave he is more then good enoug if you accept Luiz, Ramires and Lamps there than Mikel is head and shoulders above them all...

@Clevemayer are you on drugs ? Tiote was playing with a shit team lol Mikel has Cech , Terry , Brana and Cole . Not mentioning the three amigos lol they never track back haha

TIOTE > MIKEL

Edited by Backstreet09

@Clevemayer are you on drugs ? Tiote was playing with a shit team lol Mikel has Cech , Terry , Brana and Cole . Not mentioning the three amigos lol they never track back haha

TIOTE > MIKEL

OH yeah with tiote its about the team and with Mikel its about.... him?

get Serious its ALWAYS about the team you act like a morron... nicethat you can mention the team as a whole when its about... well when its about a player you like and not Mikel...

ot of them all you named

Terry is Injured and whe have Cahill and Luiz... so what?

and Ash and Chech I accept but does it help Cabaye and Tiote if they're both very good players if the rest is shit?... ah I think I know the answer... NO...

Brana is not like brana anymore get real... dont know what it is with him

sorry don't use excuses ... because that argument of the team being shit is not allowed for mikel it hasn't to be allowed for anybody else... this is you're fault not mine... you've startet argueing like that...

Mikel is the very definition of average. He has gotten better over the years but he is nothing special.

This is an opinion i can live with but and youre welcome but just calling a Player Shit and Not Worth a place on a biased opinion makes me feel sick because you can clearly See where it comes from

The old 'people don't understand Mikel's role' stuff. It's patronising bullshit when you realise that every Chelsea fan loved Claude Makelele.

And what does that prove except the double standards that our fans have when it comes to players? The same double standards used to slate Luiz for a mistake and fail to see all of Cahill's and the same double standards that was used to abuse Kalou and make excuses for Torres.

Excuse me for saying you do not understand the holding midfielder role but you did name attacking and box-to-box midfielders as alternatives.

Mikel's problem is that he's an average DM and that's not a bad thing in itself. But when a sportsman is average then 50% of people will say he's underrated and the other 50% will say he's overrated. He doesn't make the team worse but he doesn't make it better. He's a shirt-filler who has been lucky to have played in some good teams, but he'll never stand out on his own merits. Now it didn't have to be that way. He was a stand-out player as a more creative midfielder but was converted to a DM by Jose. I hate that. I hate trying to make a more offensive-minded player into a defensive-force because they require different things. It's why I favour Chalobah as a DM (to go back to that point). His first instinct will always be to defend. It's why I don't think the most urgent thing we face is replacing Mikel. He can be in the team, but that team has to be much better because he won't elevate a single player's performance. He'll occasionally fuck-up but most of the time the other players will cover for him. And when all else fails, there will be fans like you to tell supporters they're too stupid to understand just how good Mikel is.

Not sure what you mean by "he won't elevate a single player's performance" but Mikel unlike Ramires and Luiz allows his partner in the pivot more freedom as well as the fullbacks and even Luiz when he plays at the back. The bit about him being average sounds very convincing but practically equates to nothing since you fail to provide a frame of reference or state what exactly about him is average. Which brings me back to my original question that no one is yet to answer convincingly:

Who do you think currently in the league is better than Mikel and how (meaning in what areas)? What do you think a holding midfielder for a trophy-seeking team should have that Mikel does not?

And what does that prove except the double standards that our fans have when it comes to players? The same double standards used to slate Luiz for a mistake and fail to see all of Cahill's and the same double standards that was used to abuse Kalou and make excuses for Torres.

Excuse me for saying you do not understand the holding midfielder role but you did name attacking and box-to-box midfielders as alternatives.

Not sure what you mean by "he won't elevate a single player's performance" but Mikel unlike Ramires and Luiz allows his partner in the pivot more freedom as well as the fullbacks and even Luiz when he plays at the back. The bit about him being average sounds very convincing but practically equates to nothing since you fail to provide a frame of reference or state what exactly about him is average. Which brings me back to my original question that no one is yet to answer convincingly:

Mikels role isn't needed, i think we need a proper defensive midfielder, like Lucas was for Liverpool last season. Like Sandro is now for Spurs, it's a shame really because them two players are currently injured, but fantastic players regardless. Then a CM, but I'm looking forward to De Bruyne, that's if he comes back next season, he might stay two years, but anyway like a Mikel Arteta sort of player for Arsenal.

What fucking use is Mikel exactly? what's the point in finding some use for him when it's very unlikely when we could simply just get new players. And so we should anyway, he's never flourished, when Essien went, he never flourishes, he's never actually got that fucking top on and proved he deserves to wear it. He doesn't put consistent performances in, he has a few moments then fucks up, what sort of lame excuse of a player is this?.

Time to actually get some guns, rather than sticking with players like that, he's not good enough and the sooner you accept it the better.

Fine, I'll bite. Who do you think currently in the league is better than Mikel and how (meaning in what areas)? What do you think a holding midfielder for a trophy-seeking team should have that Mikel does not?

Carrick,sandro,barry are all better then mikel.Mikel does not mark players that are making runs into the box he reads the game slow he simply does not dominate that midfield area the way a world class holding midfielder would.When was the last time you heard that mikel completely marked xyz out of the game.Like i said i still like mikel a lot he has a lot of qualities but he just is not world class.He is the type of player i would want in my squad but just not as a starter.

Carrick,sandro,barry are all better then mikel.Mikel does not mark players that are making runs into the box he reads the game slow he simply does not dominate that midfield area the way a world class holding midfielder would.When was the last time you heard that mikel completely marked xyz out of the game.Like i said i still like mikel a lot he has a lot of qualities but he just is not world class.He is the type of player i would want in my squad but just not as a starter.

Arteta Wilshere make a good double pivot, and are much more inferior to Mikel passing wise and defensively.

I don't rate Fellaini as most do, but i would rather have him than Mikel, as he is better, Carrick as you mentioned incredibly underrated player, his passing range is fantastic. I'm glad he's actually been getting mentioned by pundits now, Barry is an excellent player when it comes to covering, technically he's not great, got a good passing range but that's about it, he is prone to mistakes however.

Sandro for me is the best DM in the league at the moment, he is more box to box but he is fantastic, a great passer of the ball also. Mikel wouldn't get into any top 7 team in the league, just wouldn't happen. Nevermind a top 4 team, and that's why we are slipping out of top 4, because we lack the quality and have to put up with these average players.

Arteta Wilshere make a good double pivot, and are much more inferior to Mikel passing wise and defensively.

I don't rate Fellaini as most do, but i would rather have him than Mikel, as he is better, Carrick as you mentioned incredibly underrated player, his passing range is fantastic. I'm glad he's actually been getting mentioned by pundits now, Barry is an excellent player when it comes to covering, technically he's not great, got a good passing range but that's about it, he is prone to mistakes however.

Sandro for me is the best DM in the league at the moment, he is more box to box but he is fantastic, a great passer of the ball also. Mikel wouldn't get into any top 7 team in the league, just wouldn't happen. Nevermind a top 4 team, and that's why we are slipping out of top 4, because we lack the quality and have to put up with these average players.

Wilshere-arteta is a good pivot but none of them are pure holding midfielders thats why i didnt mention them.Another cdm i really like is claudio yacob who has been brilliant for west brom and imo is one of the main reason of their highly successful season.

Wilshere-arteta is a good pivot but none of them are pure holding midfielders thats why i didnt mention them.Another cdm i really like is claudio yacob who has been brilliant for west brom and imo is one of the main reason of their highly successful season.

They aren't holding midfielders, but they are better in the role, they play very fluidly.

Mikels role isn't needed, i think we need a proper defensive midfielder, like Lucas was for Liverpool last season. Like Sandro is now for Spurs, it's a shame really because them two players are currently injured, but fantastic players regardless. Then a CM, but I'm looking forward to De Bruyne, that's if he comes back next season, he might stay two years, but anyway like a Mikel Arteta sort of player for Arsenal.

What fucking use is Mikel exactly? what's the point in finding some use for him when it's very unlikely when we could simply just get new players. And so we should anyway, he's never flourished, when Essien went, he never flourishes, he's never actually got that fucking top on and proved he deserves to wear it. He doesn't put consistent performances in, he has a few moments then fucks up, what sort of lame excuse of a player is this?.

Time to actually get some guns, rather than sticking with players like that, he's not good enough and the sooner you accept it the better.

What Mikel offers is the most vital thing in both scoring goals and not conceding goals: The ability to keep possession. Mikel has ball retention skills that are second to none. He offers a constant outlet for teammates under pressure and then he has the skill to keep the ball and find a teammate with 90% accuracy.

Without a holding midfielder, all it takes is a little pressure on the the CBs and they are either forced to play long balls that we are unlikely to win or worse lose the ball. This is most evident in our home game against Swansea, but it has been a major concern in almost every match Mikel has missed.

On the defense, Mikel's discipline allows players to go forward and have more freedom be it Frank, Ramires or even Luiz when he plays at the back. His job is not to tackle and be aggressive which would leave spaces behind him, but rather to close down the channels and angles of passing and force the opponent to take the difficult pass. He does this extremely well.

OH yeah with tiote its about the team and with Mikel its about.... him?

get Serious its ALWAYS about the team you act like a morron... nicethat you can mention the team as a whole when its about... well when its about a player you like and not Mikel...

ot of them all you named

Terry is Injured and whe have Cahill and Luiz... so what?

and Ash and Chech I accept but does it help Cabaye and Tiote if they're both very good players if the rest is shit?... ah I think I know the answer... NO...

Brana is not like brana anymore get real... dont know what it is with him

sorry don't use excuses ... because that argument of the team being shit is not allowed for mikel it hasn't to be allowed for anybody else... this is you're fault not mine... you've startet argueing like that...

Are you even serious ? Like if mikel was any good and one of our defenders was having a bad night , he would have cover that . Plus he does nothing except slowing the tempo , killing the time and passing back all the time . And yeah if he was any good , I mean a little good he would had atleast shut rodwell . It's shambolic how easy rodwell owned him last night -__-

Here's the thing with the DM position in this league - no-one plays such a similar role to Mikel. I'd throw in Carrick or Scottie Parker's name but by Choulo's narrow description of what a DM should be they're probably be too creative.

To be honest I'm fucking bored of arguing about him. But that's the thing - he's the most divisive player we have and for some reason there's a couple of people on the internet willing to make any fucking excuse for him. They see something we mere mortals don't.

What Mikel offers is the most vital thing in both scoring goals and not conceding goals: The ability to keep possession. Mikel has ball retention skills that are second to none. He offers a constant outlet for teammates under pressure and then he has the skill to keep the ball and find a teammate with 90% accuracy.

Without a holding midfielder, all it takes is a little pressure on the the CBs and they are either forced to play long balls that we are unlikely to win or worse lose the ball. This is most evident in our home game against Swansea, but it has been a major concern in almost every match Mikel has missed.

On the defense, Mikel's discipline allows players to go forward and have more freedom be it Frank, Ramires or even Luiz when he plays at the back. His job is not to tackle and be aggressive which would leave spaces behind him, but rather to close down the channels and angles of passing and force the opponent to take the difficult pass. He does this extremely well.

No, you're praising him for so little, it was like when Liverpool at first where praising Andy Carroll for all the work rate he did, and all the small bits, when really he was just not good enough at all.

What Mikel is doing there, is the type of stuff Sandro like that do for fun, they are different players but Sandro taking pressure off other players is the thing what people wont even mention, because he does other things what make him so great. One day you will realise Mikel isn't good enough, i bet money on it, because theirs no way he will become even close to Michael Essien, what a poor replacement he really is.

Here's the thing with the DM position in this league - no-one plays such a similar role to Mikel. I'd throw in Carrick or Scottie Parker's name but by Choulo's narrow description of what a DM should be they're probably be too creative.

To be honest I'm fucking bored of arguing about him. But that's the thing - he's the most divisive player we have and for some reason there's a couple of people on the internet willing to make any fucking excuse for him. They see something we mere mortals don't.

Well I'll be honest, i don't like you or most of your posts, but you sum this up much better than i do.

I've never known any player so protected in all my life, even worse than the Torres fanboys, how people can say Mikel is the most bullied and hated player is just damn right stupid. When we win games It's Mikel who gets all the credit for it, even though he did nothing, when we lose games everyone defends him. I was on my own on this about a few month ago, now more people are coming to realise that Mikel is shit, and soon i hope everyone will.

But coming to see such blind people, it seems that it will never happen.