Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I did, and he had been far more impressive as a CF/Striker. A limited footballer, in my opinion.

Apparently getting banned for head butting opponents, regularly getting the most bookings in the league and elbowing the opposition every other match is just an, 'Honest lad, not being afraid to put in tackles'? Just for me, comes across unlikable.

He's been impressive in both positions, and I think putting him in an advanced position serves Everton well but restricts him from doing what he did so well at Liege and in his early days at Everton. I don't think he's a particularly limited player and he's shown an ability to dominate games in a way Mikel NEVER has for Chelsea.

The things you listed are simply over-exuberance. I don't care if he gets the odd booking because he puts himself about well, but you're right that he needs to cut out the more extreme acts. None of that makes him unlikeable in my opinion though and he's a long way from the Duncan Fergusons of this world.

don't rate Mikel, teams sag off of him in the middle cause they dont fear attacking forward. The comment about his pass percentage rate is also useless, most of his passes are passes back to the CB or Cech..

It's the year 2013, are people still believing the "Mikel only pases backwards or sideways" narrative??

He's been playing well ever since he got back from AFCON..really calm and composed, good passes...

But then there's that odd mistake..However in his defence, Yaya's goal had more to do with Ivanovic's poor defending from Milner's cross.

MOTM for me , totally >.< Nah I'm just kidding he's shit . he fucking slows the counters , fucking slows the tempo , fucking delays the balls , shows shit skills , positioning is still poor and well he is very much responsible for our defeat . I don't fucking care if he had an pass accuracy of above 90% cause most of them were back and sideways . He looks better on the bench (: #notaracist #hesshit #got2muchswag

MOTM for me , totally >.< Nah I'm just kidding he's shit . he fucking slows the counters , fucking slows the tempo , fucking delays the balls , shows shit skills , positioning is still poor and well he is very much responsible for our defeat . I don't fucking care if he had an pass accuracy of above 90% cause most of them were back and sideways . He looks better on the bench (: #notaracist #hesshit #got2muchswag

And some think he's the best DM in the league, funny thing is he wouldn't get in any other team in the top 10. Sooner we get rid of him the better, time to upgrade the team in the summer for once.

Was at fault for Toure's goal and gave away the ball in the first-half which nearly led to a City goal.

He shields play well, but he reminds me of Joe Cole in his final season with us in that the ball slows down whenever it gets to him. Teams give him time and space because they know he can't hurt them and his passing completion percentage is so high because he is so ponderous.

But there are at least three positions we need to upgrade first in the summer, including the playmaking position beside him. I think we could still contend for trophies next year with Mikel in the side but long-term I think Chalobah could be the answer.

But for now, Mikel doesn't make the team worse (most of the time).....he just doesn't make it any better.

And some think he's the best DM in the league, funny thing is he wouldn't get in any other team in the top 10. Sooner we get rid of him the better, time to upgrade the team in the summer for once.

I tried to sell him on FM12 , nobody gave a fuck . Seriously he was better injured -__-

I tried to sell him on FM12 , nobody gave a fuck . Seriously he was better injured -__-

Well, isn't that just lovely to read? Makes you come across as a really intelligent person. It's like me saying the forum would be much better if you broke your hands and couldn't post. I get that you are not a Chelsea fan, but you are on a Chelsea forum and will have to show respect to Chelsea players.

Mikel had a very good game. Was our best outfield player in the first half. It's absurd to point him out for the first goal. So many defensive mistakes in that goal.

Well, isn't that just lovely to read? Makes come across as a really intelligent person. It's like me saying the forum would be much better if you broke your hands and couldn't post. I get that you are not a Chelsea fan, but you are on a Chelsea forum and will have to show respect to Chelsea players.

Mikel had a very good game. Was our best outfield player in the first half. It's absurd to point him out for the first goal. So many defensive mistakes in that goal.

A 'very good game'? I don't think anyone had a very good game. He did give the ball away in the first-half which led to a chance for Rodwell, which forced a save from Cech.

And why is it absurd to point him out for the first goal? I actually praised his shielding in this game, but he messed up there.

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch today and he only messed up twice, but to say he was very good is absurd.

A 'very good game'? I don't think anyone had a very good game. He did give the ball away in the first-half which led to a chance for Rodwell, which forced a save from Cech.

City were pressing very high in the first half, the fact that he made 27/31 passes in that half more than any other player on the field is remarkable. He was bound to lose the ball eventually with the pressure. Cech was forced to make a save on that because Luiz lost the header to Rodwell which he really should be winning. Luiz kept losing easy headers throughout the game.

And why is it absurd to point him out for the first goal? I actually praised his shielding in this game, but he messed up there.

Yes, he could have done better, but so could Iva who allowed Silva to control a cross into the box and turn with no pressure and find Toure. Cahill should have done better in closing down the shot and letting Toure take the shot with right instead of his left.

He wasn't the worst player on the pitch today and he only messed up twice, but to say he was very good is absurd.

I think the way we got battered after he went off is testimony to how well he was playing.

City were pressing very high in the first half, the fact that he made 27/31 passes in that half more than any other player on the field is remarkable. He was bound to lose the ball eventually with the pressure. Cech was forced to make a save on that because Luiz lost the header to Rodwell which he really should be winning. Luiz kept losing easy headers throughout the game.

Yes, he could have done better, but so could Iva who allowed Silva to control a cross into the box and turn with no pressure and find Toure. Cahill should have done better in closing down the shot and letting Toure take the shot with right instead of his left.

I think the way we got battered after he went off is testimony to how well he was playing.

Or we were chasing the game. :doh:

I like how you've gone from suggesting it's absurd to point him out for the first goal to acknowledging he 'could have done better'. I'm glad you threw in his passing completion stats too - it wouldn't be a Mikel thread without one.

90% pass completion today. Like I said, he very rarely makes the team worse but he also rarely makes it better. He's a shirt-filler, and very little more. It's not urgent that we replace him because we have other areas we need to invest him but when Chalobah does take over from him (as I hope he does) you'll find very few fans shedding a tear when he leaves.

Or we were chasing the game.

What does this have to do with anything? When Mikel came off we didn't create a single chance, conceded a second and barely managed to get the ball out of our half a few times. That's hardly the traits of a team that is chasing the game.

I like how you've gone from suggesting it's absurd to point him out for the first goal to acknowledging he 'could have done better'. I'm glad you threw in his passing completion stats too - it wouldn't be a Mikel thread without one.

I didn't go from anything. I said it was absurd to point him out because there were many defensive mistakes in that goal. I never said he didn't do anything wrong. And yes, you do need the passing stats. It is, after all, the main job of the holding midfielder.

90% pass completion today. Like I said, he very rarely makes the team worse but he also rarely makes it better. He's a shirt-filler, and very little more. It's not urgent that we replace him because we have other areas we need to invest him but when Chalobah does take over from him (as I hope he does) you'll find very few fans shedding a tear when he leaves.

Like I said above, how much worse the team plays without him is evidence of how much better he makes the team. I think Chalobah will become a B2B midfielder. We're both just predicting but I'm pretty confident Mikel will deservedly be starting for us for years to come.

What does this have to do with anything? When Mikel came off we didn't create a single chance, conceded a second and barely managed to get the ball out of our half a few times. That's hardly the traits of a team that is chasing the game.

I didn't go from anything. I said it was absurd to point him out because there were many defensive mistakes in that goal. I never said he didn't do anything wrong. And yes, you do need the passing stats. It is, after all, the main job of the holding midfielder.

Like I said above, how much worse the team plays without him is evidence of how much better he makes the team. I think Chalobah will become a B2B midfielder. We're both just predicting but I'm pretty confident Mikel will deservedly be starting for us for years to come.

Yea because taking off our only holding MF for a striker isn't a sign we're chasing the game. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we bring in another defensive midfielder who can challenge Mikel for his starting spot.