Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Mikel is useless for us than :)

Nope, it's Rafa who is the useless one here. If his formation of choice isn't working with the current bunch of players we have, he should change his approach. He's only an interim manager who should be looking for a short-term solution for our problems and right now that would probably be playing a different formation, for example the 4-3-3. If he's unable to do that change, then he is not the right man for CFC (which we all knew already but just pointing it out here).

Yesterday's performance showed that we don't need Fellaini.

He was under very little pressure last night and he's always fine in those situations. It's the tough games where he's more suspect.

But he's lucky. There are about three more positions where we're in greater need of strengthening than his, although I think he's going to be under increasing pressure from Nathanial Chalobah. He has the composure on the ball that you need, but also has that little something special about him.

We see these posts every week, and every week it changes nothing, 'this shows why we don't need falcao' 'this shows why we don't need another midfielder'.

Then next game you all change your mind, time to start judging on consistency rather than just one game. I didn't want Fellaini, though i believe we definitely need new midfielders and fast, otherwise we will never be good enough to win the league.

He has the composure on the ball that you need, but also has that little something special about him.

Even though he's not one of my favorites, I'm ok with having him in the team.

However, there's absolutely nothing special about him.

Not a fan of Fellaini at all. For starters, he's very unlikable, but beyond that, as a footballer, he's not what we need, for the price he'd go at. He's best the further forward he is, and would be very average in a pivot. More mobile than Mikel, and versatile - yes - but as the role of an actual DM Mikel performs much better. Just because Fellaini is 6"4 and strong dorsn't make him a DM.

Beyond that, we have just as good CM prospects. Chalobah, for instance, as well as Romeu and of course KDB. I'd include McEachran as I also rate him as a talent but he's the least like Fellaini.

Not a fan of Fellaini at all. For starters, he's very unlikable, but beyond that, as a footballer, he's not what we need, for the price he'd go at. He's best the further forward he is, and would be very average in a pivot. More mobile than Mikel, and versatile - yes - but as the role of an actual DM Mikel performs much better. Just because Fellaini is 6"4 and strong dorsn't make him a DM.

Beyond that, we have just as good CM prospects. Chalobah, for instance, as well as Romeu and of course KDB. I'd include McEachran as I also rate him as a talent but he's the least like Fellaini.

Did you ever watch Fellaini as a DM? I did and I disagree with pretty much everything you're saying.

Not sure what makes him unlikeable either. He's a hard-working lad who isn't afraid to get stuck in - those used to be qualities people admired in footballers.

Did you ever watch Fellaini as a DM? I did and I disagree with pretty much everything you're saying.

Not sure what makes him unlikeable either. He's a hard-working lad who isn't afraid to get stuck in - those used to be qualities people admired in footballers.

I did, and he had been far more impressive as a CF/Striker. A limited footballer, in my opinion.

Apparently getting banned for head butting opponents, regularly getting the most bookings in the league and elbowing the opposition every other match is just an, 'Honest lad, not being afraid to put in tackles'? Just for me, comes across unlikable.

they had an article recently, however, the ref commission or something came to Fellaini and apologized about the amount of yellow cards they gave him one season. Here what he said...

"During my first season at Everton I got 12 bookings. At the end of it a delegation of referees visited the club to explain why I had got so many yellow cards. But they ended up admitting some of the bookings were unduly harsh. I ask myself why they get given to me.

Anyways, back to the topic... I don't rate Mikel, teams sag off of him in the middle cause they dont fear attacking forward. The comment about his pass percentage rate is also useless, most of his passes are passes back to the CB or Cech.. Watching bayern play arsenal, I was so envious about the way Bastian and javi played. None of our current CMFs (Ramires, mikel, lampard, romeu) are anywhere close to what we need in the pivot roles for the team moving forward.