Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Yep mikel often goes under the raydar in this team which is a good thing in many ways as the ones who get the most attention are generally the ones who have played the worse. He is solid, dependable and does his job well and when coupled with ramires looks like a good partnership...

It did make me laugh when the fox commentator said the massive understatement mikel "doesn't score that often"... lol, but that is in no way his job and is extremely important in the setup of our team.

He is some player.

And with his style of play, he will be dominating midfield in late 20s, sure thing. I realy wonder what is with some people who only blame people and keep saying that Tiote, Lucas, Toure are much better than him. In fact, I wouldnt trade Mikel with any of them. Only Toure is better right now, but Mikel is only 25! So fuck off with this comparisons, cuz Mikel is da beast!

I don't know anymore...Several times I just see him jogging around when he should be closing down and harassing. I would really love De Rossi right about now...

The whole team needs to start closing down and being aggressive. Its pointless one player trying to press 2 or 3 players at once! They will just pass it round him for fun. Pressing only works effectively when the whole team does it as a unit which is why we failed to do it under AVB because the strikers and wingers would do it but the midfield wouldn't squeeze up and do it after.

I don't know anymore...Several times I just see him jogging around when he should be closing down and harassing. I would really love De Rossi right about now...

I don't think closing down is down to individual, it's more of a team concept.

I think you saw how Juve pressed us as a team from the beginning to stop us from playing.

Generally we have always been a team who sit back and accept pressure, AVB tried to change us last year but for some reason our players look very uncomfortable doing that.

You're wrong, it's not his fault it's the rest of the team, they aren't working hard enough.

Mikel: We need to be a team

Chelsea midfielder Jon Obi Mikel believes his side have sacrificed their substance, which made them so successful, in favour of style.

"I think the way we play sometimes; we're very good going forward, but when you lose the ball you need to defend, and you can't do that with six men, you need it to be the whole team," Mikel explained.

"When we don't have the ball now it's a nightmare. That's the most important thing, we need to know what to do to get it back."

The Blues were second best for most of the night, and Mikel accepts the team struggled at times.

"I think it was a disappointing...first half we kept the shape well, but then we seemed to lose it. They seemed to find areas where we were defending."

Source: http://www.itv.com/s...d-to-be-a-team/

Well said.

Mikel has admitted to the charge. Damn, just too bad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237647/Mark-Clattenburg-latest-Chelsea-want-talks-Mike-Riley-clear-air.html

Mikel has been charged with improper conduct

following his dressing-room confrontation with

Clattenburg after Chelsea’s 3-2 home defeat by

Manchester United.

Mikel has admitted the charge and could get a

lengthy ban as Sportsmail understands part of

the charge relates to his use of threatening

language towards the referee.

Alan Leighton, national secretary of the referees’

union Prospect, has said they did not intend to

take legal action against Chelsea, but the club

should feel morally obliged to make amends via

an apology and compensation.

‘This is about an individual who has been badly

wronged and there is not even recognition about

what they have done and that is staggering,’

Leighton said.

Clattenburg will return to action as fourth official

for Tottenham’s home game with West Ham

tomorrow. He will referee Southampton’s clash

with Norwich on Wednesday.

After the West Ham game, I'm really wondering if he's the man we need in that midfield position.

Physically, he seems to have all it takes but I honestly don't know if he has the mentality, the application or the leadership needed for one of the the key positions on the pitch.

Earlier in the season he looked great, but when the pressure seems to mount he has a tendency to either disappear or give up. I don't think we can afford that in that position. Maybe if we had a more dependable player in that position we could actually drop Oscar back into the double-pivot on a full-time basis.