Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Just thinking: Sky were the outlet who linked us to Song, and now they are saying we dont want to sell Mikel.

I hope its just "Not selling until we find a replacement" or "Not selling pay us some more money".

If Mikel wants to leave he can only if he wants to leave to Arsenal? "who the fuck are Al Ain?! were not selling to non-rival bulshit team..."

Asamoah Gyan: "I heard it this week that Mikel has agreed terms with Al Ain and will most definitely be playing for us next season" #CFC

Asamoah Gyan: "It’s great news for us because Mikel is a very good player and very experienced." #CFC #AlAin (Evening Standard)

Ben Jacobs @JacobsBen

My @AlAinFC source has confirmed John Obi Mikel will join from @ChelseaFC subject to medical. Echoes @ASAMOAH_GYAN3's comments on TV.

All that's left to be determined is whether he'll have Obi Mikel or Mikel Obi on the back of his shirt @ChelseaFC @alainfcae

One more bit of info on John Obi Mikel @AlAinFC move. Don't be surprised if it's a loan move. He's only 28 and Mourinho happy to keep him.

He writes for ESPN, and he's "Middle East correspondent" for TalkSport.

Ben Jacobs ‏@JacobsBen

My @AlAinFC source has confirmed John Obi Mikel will join from @ChelseaFC subject to medical. Echoes @ASAMOAH_GYAN3's comments on TV.

All that's left to be determined is whether he'll have Obi Mikel or Mikel Obi on the back of his shirt @ChelseaFC @alainfcae

One more bit of info on John Obi Mikel @AlAinFC move. Don't be surprised if it's a loan move. He's only 28 and Mourinho happy to keep him.

He writes for ESPN, and he's "Middle East correspondent" for TalkSport.

Shouldn't take 'news' from Arabic clubs too seriously.

no point in loaning him out,if Jose would be happy to keep him only a transfer fee will do to get him away and quite sad if Mikel is content to essentially retire from competitive football at 28 by going to a league of that level of competition.

no point in loaning him out,if Jose would be happy to keep him only a transfer fee will do to get him away and quite sad if Mikel is content to essentially retire from competitive football at 28 by going to a league of that level of competition.

The problem is, except Chelsea, no First -tier team in Big 5 Leagues (Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Juventus, AS Roma, PSG, Monaco, Bayern Munich, Wolfsburg) is willing to offer him a bench position.

I'll always remember his first couple of seasons with us. He was a madman. Always getting booked and sent off but he calmed down. He does kinda throw himself into tackles, like Cahill sometimes, but I reckon thats cause hes not very fast.

Remember the palava when we signed him eh. Even press stuff with him in a United shirt. With Fergie saying he was going to be the new Roy Keane lol

We gotta remember Mou signed him and even tho hes made a few transfer mistakes (IMHO) he wont want to give up lightly on someone hes always praised.

Altho I'll always thank him for Bayern I wouldn't miss the lad if he went. For some reason, dont ask me why, Ive never felt a bond with him and I find that strange.

indeed. he`s been with us for what 9 years. anyone else who stayed that long would be loved by most. I loved John Bumstead who stayed for around the same time and yet Mikel has a bucket full of winners medals and he just doesn`t pull the heart strings.

he`s been good at times,willing to do whatever is asked of him but when you think his predecessor is Makalele and his successor is Matic. out of the 3 "M`s" Mikel is the weak link between the other two greats at his position.

indeed. he`s been with us for what 9 years. anyone else who stayed that long would be loved by most. I loved John Bumstead who stayed for around the same time and yet Mikel has a bucket full of winners medals and he just doesn`t pull the heart strings.

he`s been good at times,willing to do whatever is asked of him but when you think his predecessor is Makalele and his successor is Matic. out of the 3 "M`s" Mikel is the weak link between the other two greats at his position.

:worship::worship::clap::clap:

Well really when your first DM sub is rumored to leave and your hear only some Arabian club is interested that speaks volumes about how much your player is rated by others.

If he leaves I really hope we get an adequate replacement because we would be left with only Matic as a DM. Perhaps Romeu can make a return or Van Ginkel.

Well really when your first DM sub is rumored to leave and your hear only some Arabian club is interested that speaks volumes about how much your player is rated by others.

If he leaves I really hope we get an adequate replacement because we would be left with only Matic as a DM. Perhaps Romeu can make a return or Van Ginkel.

Pasalic please, his natural position is a no 8 but he played holding midfield at the age of 20 for the whole season at Elche and I certainly think he's ready. I'm a huge fan of his and he's ready imo. It'll also save us a lot of money. He was probably our most successful loan this year, and it's not like he was a bit part player. He played 35 games.

It's not the best compilation ever but they aren't very common for defensive midfielders. He's proactive and he kind of reminds me of Matic. He's number 24. 2 footed. Got a good set piece in him too, and Cesc-y levels of passing range.

I disagree. I think it is the fact that he is on around £75k p/w wages at us and there is no club who is willing to pay that much wages for him. So most teams know they will not match his wage demands anyway. Same reason when Falcao joined United, not much other teams wanted him, because of his wages. If teams knew they could get Mikel for wages around £50k p/w at a cheap price there would be a lot of teams after him.

Pasalic please, his natural position is a no 8 but he played holding midfield at the age of 20 for the whole season at Elche and I certainly think he's ready. I'm a huge fan of his and he's ready imo. It'll also save us a lot of money. He was probably our most successful loan this year, and it's not like he was a bit part player. He played 35 games.

It's not the best compilation ever but they aren't very common for defensive midfielders. He's proactive and he kind of reminds me of Matic. He's number 24. 2 footed. Got a good set piece in him too, and Cesc-y levels of passing range.

he isn't hyped enough. Mourinho probably hasn't taken notice