Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I thought Mikel was excellent today. He was good on the ball, ambitious with his passing, reasonably solid defensively, and somehow scored a goal (yes I will say 'somehow' even though the ball was about 5cm out - this IS Mikel we're talking about). Nothing more to add really; I just thought I would post my appreciation for a good performance by a useful squad player who doesn't seem to receive much.

Think we need to build a statue of Mourinho outside the Bridge. Mikel has only ever scored under him - 2 in 06/07, 2 last season, 1 this term. He didn't score any between 07/08 and 12/13 season! :lol:

Think we need to build a statue of Mikel outside the Bridge*****

:ph34r:

Tony Gayle "I have never seen Mikel play so many forward passes"

I swear if I ever saw Tony Gayle I would punch the twat in the face and whilst he was down, fart right in his face.

Think we need to build a statue of Mourinho outside the Bridge. Mikel has only ever scored under him - 2 in 06/07, 2 last season, 1 this term. He didn't score any between 07/08 and 12/13 season! :lol:

Games under Mourinho: 94

Goals under Mourinho: 5

Strike rate: 1 goal every 18.8 appearances

Games under other CFC managers, 2006-2014: 231

Goals under other CFC managers: 0

Strike rate: N/A

The Special One B)

Depresses me that we see glimpses of what Mikel should of been like last night or when he plays for Nigeria I. E. Further forward etc.

It's an interesting point as he may not be a DM after all.

Baffles me that people put his performance against Newcastle (not good) and his performance against Sporting (good) in the same basket. They were completely different even in style.

He was indeed good, going forward against sporting, producing his usual trademark shielding (of the ball) and possession as well. He still did not defend well IMO because frankly he's too slow to cover; once a player is past him, that's it he will be jogging back behind the line of the ball as he's done many times while were were being attacked.

However, attacking wise, he was far more mobile, adventurous in his passing, and worked a lot harder against Sporting than he did against Newcastle. Prob something the manager asked him to do because he certainly did not do that against Newscastle - where his passes were very conservative.

Unfortunately for Mikel, and Chelsea, he only seems to perform like he did against Sporting in very easy matches; especially when the opponent plays with a slow tempo.