Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I always say Josh has all the talent, but simply lacks the drive to be a top player, which is a shame. If he put his mind to it though he could be a decent squad player for us here, especially considering we lack a true DLP.

Maybe he needs a manager like Jose to push him to the next level.

I always said he was a poor player. But somehow the whole forum (including you) used to say he was important because his role was special...(?!). I always said Luiz was a better option than Mikel.

Now, somehow, a lot of people are "losing patience". I dont see any problem in saying Mikel is not Chelsea material, I see problem when people change their minds in a matter of games. I see those things happening all the time at TC. When Ramires signed he was poor for the entire season when Ancelotti was the manager, but everyone said he was good, next 11/12 he was our most consistent player, he has been consistent for the past seasons, his passing skills have been the same, but now, somehow people decided those flaws are not acceptable for a Chelsea player.

Mikel has been playing like that since he signed for Chelsea, but now Alex, who wrote an article seasons ago saying Mikel was our midfield maestro, lost his patience after a defeat. You lost your patience.

The same will happen with Matic. Now he is considered the best DM since Makelele, after some seasons, he will get the blame for some defeats, people will notice his weaknesses, people will forget his good games.

Something really odd is happening with TC forum members. Seasons ago people were happy to lose, happy to finish in 2nd or 3rd position, now the word is: finish 2nd, and you are a loser. Oh, well...

Yeah too many flip floppers.

Also I think many people think that mourinho is like a god and just he coming back we would be some sort of invincible team!

So it hurts them to see something like this.

For me it's simple you need good players to do good in the system you want to implement.

When mourinho came back I remember saying that mourinho revolution will never go anywhere with players like mikel and Torres in his team.

People thought that the special one will make them great as no one else could.....

But shit is shit, no matter how good the manager is.

I think we have come a long way this season and the work looks good. We still have to fix other aspects of our team this summer at which time mourinho should have enough time to had figured out.

When mourinho came back I remember saying that mourinho revolution will never go anywhere with players like mikel and Torres in his team.

Lol, I wish people would stop saying this. You're telling me that if Torres and Mikel stayed as squad players, (especially the latter as he isn't on high wages and can give you at least average performances consistently) we won't go anywhere as a team? Bollocks IMO.

You don't need 25 world class players in a squad.

Lol, I wish people would stop saying this. You're telling me that if Torres and Mikel stayed as squad players, (especially the latter as he isn't on high wages and can give you at least average performances consistently) we won't go anywhere as a team? Bollocks IMO.

You don't need 25 world class players in a squad.

Well if they are going to be squad player then let them be of great use. But Mikel really hinders our team. A great squad player was meireles.

Mikel does not offer anything great that a youth from the Academy cannot offer

Well if they are going to be squad player then let them be of great use. But Mikel really hinders our team. A great squad player was meireles.

Mikel does not offer anything great that a youth from the Academy cannot offer

I've always said this - if Mikel really, really hinders the team so much, why does he continue to get minutes here and there? Even when Matic is here, Mikel is still getting some minutes.

If he was that bad surely he wouldn't have been playing at all this season?

As I said in another thread, Mikel isn't anywhere near as bad as most say on here. He isn't world class but he can be a good squad player i.e. He's very useful in a midfield 3 that needs an anchorman or when we go defensive. He's a decent option for Mourinho.

So useless players make great squad players?

Is there any chance we can get Kalou and Malouda back quickly? I think we made a mistake

Kalou and Malouda weren't useless at all. The former a good squad player, the second was brilliant for us for a season.

But obviously some need 25 world class players in their squad.

Now Matic has come along and, to be honest, is starting to make Ramires look average, nevermind Mikel.

Thats really strange, because besides the match against City I really dont know why people think Matic is that special. I think he played no more than 4 or 5 matches.

Malouda was useless in his last 3 seasons, Kalou was always useless, he scored some goals but he should have been let go and replaced a long time ago hence why 95 percent of chelsea supporters wanted him out for years. That is my point.

Mikel is deadwood, you can't move on by keeping him here, he has never reached his potential and he has had all the time in the world to become a good player and he hasn't been able to put in any consistent performances in during that time. Despite us needing midfielders for the past 3 season. He will not fit into the system, he play far to safe when we need to be more dynamic, the West Ham game was a big example of it when every time he had the ball he let West Ham regroup despite Azpilicueta right there at the touch line with no players around him, Mikel still hesitated to pass it then finally passed it back.

So what is the need in him being here when we can replace him and move on, that doesn't mean to say we need to go spend 40 million on a world class player, no one has said that. It means simply replacing him with someone who can actually put in a good performance when he is really needed.

Mikel is still our best holding player, not getting into any arguments with anyone who disagrees either. There is a reason why hes been playing for us so regularly under so many different managers since he was signed and that we have never looked to replace him*. When we see a Chelsea midfield player play so well against a massive European team like Mikel did against Bayern in the biggest game in the clubs history then we will talk. Best holding player we've had since Maka and I stand by that.

*also don't say to me Matic was signed to replace Mikel. Matic was signed as we were short in CM in the first place, the fact that we got rid of Essien too was a major factor as well the fact Lamps is 35 and can't play every game in a position where he has to be very disciplined.

Mikel is still our best holding player, not getting into any arguments with anyone who disagrees either. There is a reason why hes been playing for us so regularly under so many different managers since he was signed and that we have never looked to replace him*. When we see a Chelsea midfield player play so well against a massive European team like Mikel did against Bayern in the biggest game in the clubs history then we will talk. Best holding player we've had since Maka and I stand by that.

*also don't say to me Matic was signed to replace Mikel. Matic was signed as we were short in CM in the first place, the fact that we got rid of Essien too was a major factor as well the fact Lamps is 35 and can't play every game in a position where he has to be very disciplined.

Only took the club 5-6 years to buy proper attacking mids, then when they do they go out there and sign like 10. Also needed a new top class striker since 2010, 4 years later and nothing has changed. Not saying what you are saying is wrong, just that the club have proved in the past and current that they don't always sign who they need. RB took ages to be bought, CDM now finally being bought after Jose has clearly told them too. Mikel only played well because the whole team's job was to defend until penalties, we knew we would get destroyed if we tried hand to hand combat.

Lampard will never be a good CAM, he is not as versatile as Gerrard although he is a better CAM in my opinion as his stats shown. Essien was sold because he was so crap now he decided to concede a goal within a few seconds of his 1st start in ages. Matic was signed to play at CDM and not replace anyone, the other position is usually belong to Ramires now.

I always said he was a poor player. But somehow the whole forum (including you) used to say he was important because his role was special...(?!). I always said Luiz was a better option than Mikel.

Now, somehow, a lot of people are "losing patience". I dont see any problem in saying Mikel is not Chelsea material, I see problem when people change their minds in a matter of games. I see those things happening all the time at TC. When Ramires signed he was poor for the entire season when Ancelotti was the manager, but everyone said he was good, next 11/12 he was our most consistent player, he has been consistent for the past seasons, his passing skills have been the same, but now, somehow people decided those flaws are not acceptable for a Chelsea player.

Mikel has been playing like that since he signed for Chelsea, but now Alex, who wrote an article seasons ago saying Mikel was our midfield maestro, lost his patience after a defeat. You lost your patience.

The same will happen with Matic. Now he is considered the best DM since Makelele, after some seasons, he will get the blame for some defeats, people will notice his weaknesses, people will forget his good games.

Something really odd is happening with TC forum members. Seasons ago people were happy to lose, happy to finish in 2nd or 3rd position, now the word is: finish 2nd, and you are a loser. Oh, well...

I agree with your general point, but I disagree on Matic. Matic, unlike Mikel has already proven himself to be a top quality midfielder and he has many attributes this team has been crying out for. I'm certain he will be a success at this club. Mikel on the other hand has always been overrated and average.

Malouda was useless in his last 3 seasons, Kalou was always useless, he scored some goals but he should have been let go and replaced a long time ago hence why 95 percent of chelsea supporters wanted him out for years. That is my point.

Mikel is deadwood, you can't move on by keeping him here, he has never reached his potential and he has had all the time in the world to become a good player and he hasn't been able to put in any consistent performances in during that time. Despite us needing midfielders for the past 3 season. He will not fit into the system, he play far to safe when we need to be more dynamic, the West Ham game was a big example of it when every time he had the ball he let West Ham regroup despite Azpilicueta right there at the touch line with no players around him, Mikel still hesitated to pass it then finally passed it back.

So what is the need in him being here when we can replace him and move on, that doesn't mean to say we need to go spend 40 million on a world class player, no one has said that. It means simply replacing him with someone who can actually put in a good performance when he is really needed.

What? Malouda had his best season in 2010 under Ancelotti. Also, Kalou wasn't exactly Garrincha, but the kid had some talent and all in all was certainly worth the little sum we paid for him.