Mikel John Obi

Badboy

strange, you come up with that but when often enough stated that mikel had far less backwards and sideway passes then some really big named attacking midfielders in the EPL, you didn't like the empirical dat.

That is a lie. How could I 'not like' empirical data?

In fact I have no problem with 'sideways passes' because they're necessary in that position, so I would suggest you are mistaking me for someone else.

but maybe my memory is wrong.

I think that might be the case here.

And you would state Lamps brought us forward leaps and bounds or what?

From what I can understand of this line, no I wouldn't say he has brought us forward 'leaps and bounds' but he has been a solid presence in that midfield position for most of the season.

A couple of mistakes in the first 10 mins when the whole team looked shaky, but was excellent apart from that. Him and Rami retrieved the ball very well something we've missed when lampard plays in the pivot. Another thing I noticed is that he was very good in the air tonight. Won a lot of headers. Keep it up John.

Apart from the horrid first 10mins, he was fantastic. Rarely lost the ball and seemed faster in his distribution than i've ever seen before. Keep up that high tempo mikel

thats what I'm whitnessing too. I have seen it since Mou has came back, as if he was listening to me, but wouldn't expect anything else from the best Manager in the World. Mikel lacked aggresiveness and despite his big physicality somehow stamnia, you could see it in the interview after his goal against Fullham, he was exhaust, and this was one of his best matches this season. And everytime you see he isn't good enoug, it seems Mou takes him aside in training, and trains his aggressiveness, and despite not to start as much games as before, he has great words for mou and always smiles in training.

Maybe, just maybe Mou can get him to that stamnia level, that he gan work for 90 mins and still be fit and sharp, so he would have all he was missing to be a top top player. After 2 Seasons my hopes get higher the longer he plays under Mou.

But Mou fought to get him and said about the very fist trainingsession "We have found Nigerian gold", so he must exactly know what he wants from Mikel but couldn't fulfill his legacy with him. maybe happy end?

Thought he was a liability in the first 10-15 minutes but he kicked on and once Schalke opened up and went looking for the goal he seemed composed and in control.

The problem is what happens if we don't get that fluke of a first goal and Schalke continued to defend deep? It worked well last night and he probably deserves a start against West Brom, but it could be more of the same.

Jeez he was awful ,he kept giving the ball away and was close to conceding a penalty and we were totally overrun in the first half and make no mistake they should have been two up untill very alert play by Eto'o got us in front ,then when we were in control he got a bit more space and reverted to his sideways stuff and Rammy seems to suffer badly when paired with Mikel he is left alone to engage the opposition midfield while Mikel just sits back . A welcome victory but his shortcomings are still there and we really should have gone two down in this game.

Jeez he was awful ,he kept giving the ball away and was close to conceding a penalty and we were totally overrun in the first half and make no mistake they should have been two up untill very alert play by Eto'o got us in front ,then when we were in control he got a bit more space and reverted to his sideways stuff and Rammy seems to suffer badly when paired with Mikel he is left alone to engage the opposition midfield while Mikel just sits back . A welcome victory but his shortcomings are still there and we really should have gone two down in this game.

when fans start gett'n ridiculous and embrass themselfs...