Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Don't think he would've made a big difference today because he would've suffered the same problems that Lamps and Rami had. I also wouldn't start him against Schalke considering the match Lamps had against them but he needs a run-out at some point.

At this point, the only reason to visit this thread is to have a good laugh, lol.

Or to get 3-4 likes by saying something that's been said a thousand times before.

We had 61% possession without him .

Would slower possession have done the trick? :D:D:D

No, our front four and Mr Luiz were our problems today . Sorry to answer my own question .

For a moment I thought someone hacked into my account and started posting...

Don't think he would've made a big difference today because he would've suffered the same problems that Lamps and Rami had. I also wouldn't start him against Schalke considering the match Lamps had against them but he needs a run-out at some point.

Or to get 3-4 likes by saying something that's been said a thousand times before.

He would have been better than Lampard today. At least by having a holding midfielder, Ramires would have been able to join the attacks.

"We had the space to play the ball forward and between the lines behind Yohan Cabaye and Cheikh Tiote. We could have hurt the opponent and all we were doing is playing the ball from side to side – always horizontal, never vertical. We were slow and not sharp enough to attack spaces.

Jose's verdict on the Newcastle game ,now the slowest player we have with only an ability to play a slow sideways/backwards pass does not sound like the adjustment we need ,does it? A bit like putting petrol on a fire in an attempt to distinguish .

We go from too slow and sideways to even more slow and sideways .

Jose just called it, Frank bottled it against Newcastle, I get the feeling Mikel will start v Schalke.

Link?

I don't think he bottled it at all, and the ease with which some people slag off legends of this club is not one of the nicer things to emerge in recent years. It tends to lend credence to some of the barbs aimed at us from other clubs' supporters.

Lamps doesn't perform regularly, period. Legend or not he and Jose should accept. He can still put in a shift in few games, lets say 20 a season.

either get him off move rambo there and play Mikel, or buy a new one, Lamps just doesn't fit the bill, nobody doubts his Lgendary state I think. but this isn't Lamps thread. So I will leave it with that.

Agree Lampard should be used more sparingly but we need someone else other than Mikel he always gets humiliated by someone and is exposed and usually dropped even the waiter lost faith in him and Jose hated him at Spurs where he was totally exposed. We need someone else in their.

Lamps doesn't perform regularly, period. Legend or not he and Jose should accept. He can still put in a shift in few games, lets say 20 a season.

either get him off move rambo there and play Mikel, or buy a new one, Lamps just doesn't fit the bill, nobody doubts his Lgendary state I think. but this isn't Lamps thread. So I will leave it with that.

The irony of attacking lampard's inconsistency and putting forward Mikel's name.

The irony of attacking lampard's inconsistency and putting forward Mikel's name.

still he is a better DM CM pairing with Ramy then Ramy and Lamps, this should tell you something about it...

and I'm one of always saying Mikel is too inconsistent...

Mikel was much better under Mou and hade some very good games and one not so good, Lamps has played pretty much every game and I can think about 2 good games of him. Not only he doesn't live up to his prior standards he even stops Ramy from being what he is best at, a CM... he limitates the team, there is no point in defending Lamps...

and I put Mikel forward for the lack of alternatives, he came forward this season, but still had a bad game, this should happen in one out of 30 gams, not in one out of 5. So I'm open to a move, I wanted KPB and Capoue, but both ar gone and the window opens in 2 months.

and I put Mikel forward for the lack of alternatives,

This is pretty much the only thing I agree with from your post. The rest is your opinion presented as fact, with no facts or empirical evidence to back it up. We're lacking in the midfield position so absent players grow in stature - the same has happened with Azpilicueta since he has found himself out of the team.

This is pretty much the only thing I agree with from your post. The rest is your opinion presented as fact, with no facts or empirical evidence to back it up. We're lacking in the midfield position so absent players grow in stature - the same has happened with Azpilicueta since he has found himself out of the team.

strange, you come up with that but when often enough stated that mikel had far less backwards and sideway passes then some really big named attacking midfielders in the EPL, you didn't like the empirical dat.

Even when I discussed about Carlos Regin and Mikel under him with stats you didn't like it, so I don't know why out of all of them you should complian.

but maybe my memory is wrong. Statistics don't matter when it comes to Mikel, only personal opinions.

And you would state Lamps brought us forward leaps and bounds or what?