Mikel John Obi

Badboy

There's just no win-win situation with Mikel with some people at times. If he plays badly and get criticized, then fair enough. But when Mikel plays well or does nothing wrong in matches, people will still find reasons to blame him, one way or another. Even if Mikel had played yesterday against Steaua Bucharest and the result as well as performance went the same way, some will likely then use the excuse of how shit, poor or rubbish etc Steaua were..

On the other hand there are those who think we never lose with Mikel despite his stats and perfectly illustrated by the two halves v. Spurs and who get terribly excited by a goal in 5 years at home v Fulham.

It would look like Jose might be joining those of us who can't have him and his slow sideways passes and lack of energy and aggression at any price.

On the other hand there are those who think we never lose with Mikel despite his stats and perfectly illustrated by the two halves v. Spurs and who get terribly excited by a goal in 5 years at home v Fulham.

It would look like Jose might be joining those of us who can't have him and his slow sideways passes and lack of energy and aggression at any price.

Which brings up a huge problem actually. With MvG's injury, we essentially only have Mikel and Essien as capable of filling in for Lampard, who cannot play every game at 35. Essien being a big question mark on fitness obviously.

So, while Mikel deficiencies do bother me as well, that's what we've got at least until Jan. On paper, Mikel and Ramires both in the CM position should work (their abilities are complementary), even though so far it hasn't.

Also, we have no long-term replacement for Lamaprd which is disturbing. Are they expecting him to play until 40? He's not a lightweight guy like Giggs.

Ah finding a new midfielder is a different subject and yes Lampard will not go on forever,but I am sure you do not want to hear the quote from Jose again about looking at the player not the birth certificate. We certainly need someone who is world class to replace him though,because we are asking too

much of him. Agree he is not lightweight like Giggs but he is of similar stature to Zannetti who is still playing at Inter and won the champions league with Jose when he was 2 years older than Lampard,Jose only sees what a player is contributing on the pitch.

There's just no win-win situation with Mikel with some people at times. If he plays badly and get criticized, then fair enough. But when Mikel plays well or does nothing wrong in matches, people will still find reasons to blame him, one way or another. Even if Mikel had played yesterday against Steaua Bucharest and the result as well as performance went the same way, some will likely then use the excuse of how shit, poor or rubbish etc Steaua were..

It is exactly the same with Mikel's staunch supporters - they defend the indefensible, so it works both ways......

@Phil Driver, It's easy to say this currently while Ramires and Lampard are the in form pivot players but that hasn't always been the case.

This time last year the Mikel and Ramires pivot was winning us games at The Emirates and White Hart Lane.

Not really. Sense that they are arguably a tad more sensible in their evaluation of Mikel..

Sorry mate but comprehensively disagree, there have been many ridiculous posts that are just lame excuses for his poor performance & inconsistency, whereas there are some posters that rate Mikel & will be honest enough to admit when he needs a boot up the 'arris'!

Very simiar to members like myself who do not believe Mikel is good enough but will be respectful when its appropriate.

Sorry mate but comprehensively disagree, there have been many ridiculous posts that are just lame excuses for his poor performance & inconsistency, whereas there are some posters that rate Mikel & will be honest enough to admit when he needs a boot up the 'arris'!

Very simiar to members like myself who do not believe Mikel is good enough but will be respectful when its appropriate.

There are some sensible ones on both sides, never said there weren't but those that are supposedly 'anti-Mikel' come up with even more silly excuses and reasons and blame him even when it's not his fault. Their 'opinions', if you can call it that, are arguably even more myopic than some others.

Mikel has got away with it for far too long at Chelsea ,Mourinho is in charge of team selection now and if you perform you play ,if you do not you should be training at Cobham.

Realisation must be starting to manifest now ,there is no saving players who do not perform for Norwich . Essien played well and showed a great attitude v Swindon and he is rightly on the bench ,Mikel needs to wake up and perform ,the message should now be loud and clear to all . We will not carry passengers anymore ,Jose is back.

Maybe we are saving him for Nigeria ?

:fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9: Ouch .

since the Spurs game where he played in the first half and we lost 1-0 (subbed) 2nd Half we won 1-0 we have played 3 away games Swindon won,Steau won and Norwich won ,his stats really do not get any better ,what does this add up to,? training alone at Cobham and rightly so, maybe Jose has noticed the effect he has on us .

The writing is surely on the wall for him when Essien is on the bench and a Christmas exit could be on the cards because Jose has sussed him.

I wish him all the best for Nigeria though .

What do we think,kick in the orchestras for him yesterday,with Essien on the bench,I think if Jose can get rid,he will at Christmas.

He slows us down and Jose has seen this ,it is very obvious and Jose was always going to see it quickly,Spurs away was the final nail for Obi,he needs a new club. Essien on the bench yesterday must have told him something?

What do we think,kick in the orchestras for him yesterday,with Essien on the bench,I think if Jose can get rid,he will at Christmas.

He slows us down and Jose has seen this ,it is very obvious and Jose was always going to see it quickly,Spurs away was the final nail for Obi,he needs a new club. Essien on the bench yesterday must have told him something?

I seriously don't know how you can come to such conclusions over a span of 2 and a half games.

I've seen you've reverted back to your "Jose doesn't rate Mikel" argument but where were you when he was being played two and a half games ago?

You really need to relax with your obsession over Mikel.

It is the Essien inclusion that speaks volumes for me ,my obsession is with Chelsea winning,nothing else, youdo not think Essien on the bench was a signal?

We were told Obi was being saved for Norwich?

No Phil, you cannot use one isolated game to prove your point sorry.

Had it been 4/5/6 consecutive games that Mikel didn't make the bench then you'd have a point. But until then...