Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Lampard was still quite poor, Ramires on the other hand was brilliant. Still need to work on positioning and keep possession.

Interestingly the team manages to win games comfortably even with "poor" lampard. Football is a funny game.

Interestingly the team manages to win games comfortably even with "poor" lampard. Football is a funny game.

You're taking away credit from a lot of players by saying that. Yes Lampard played, scored a spectacular goal, but we could have had a more solid midfield by playing someone else. Due to Marco being injured and Obi rested for Norwich, we had to go with Lampard.

You're taking away credit from a lot of players by saying that. Yes Lampard played, scored a spectacular goal, but we could have had a more solid midfield by playing someone else. Due to Marco being injured and Obi rested for Norwich, we had to go with Lampard.

In some ways you gotta admire the fanboys very loyal a bit like those Justin Bieber fans,loyal to the very end :D:D:D

In some ways you gotta admire the fanboys very loyal a bit like those Justin Bieber fans,loyal to the very end :D:D:D

You're now my daily source of entertainment, now that the other guy doesn't show up. Mikel would have been worse than Lampard against Steaua cause we didn't need him. We needed someone who would aid in faster transitions to fuel our counter-attacks. Something Ramires did, and Lampard was average at. If Marco was there and available in our team list, he would have probably played. So to make you happy, yes it is true. In the game plan we used against Steaua, Mikel would have been very poor, much poorer than Lampard was. I would see us scoring only 1 out of those 4 due to him calming things down and aiming at keeping possession.

The only ones making fools of themselves are the fanboys with their useless hero dropped again and we win well .

yeah and we won and he scored against fullham and he had a coupl of very good matches so what? You don't prove anything and even you know it. You just keep on going, thats laughable and (at least I hope so) even you should recognize that your predictions have collapsed and you look only less and less reliable in your decision making if you're going on and on with it.

We wont win with Mikel = failed

Mikel wil rott at the Bench = failed

Mikel will never score = failed

Mikel is a waste of space and time = failed

Mikel wont even make the bench = failed

"We had a problem against Spurs in the first half,when we changed it was much better"

I think it had a lot more to do with Mata coming on - Mata is our best player for two years in a row how he ends up on the bench for a game like Spurs is beyond my comprehension

The other factor is that we were wasting Ramires on the right wing, a position he hasn't been effective since our CL Winning Run. Moved back into the center a world of difference.

Both things have little to do with Mikel and were mistakes that Jose made in the team selection, he had to sacrifice someone and he did so with Mikel because it was a more offensive switch since we were a goal down.

We needed someone who would aid in faster transitions to fuel our counter-attacks.

Like you do not need that in every game? That is how you should play ,those sideways slow passes are the problem as well as hanging back and letting your midfield partner engage the opposing midfield alone ,whoever Mikel plays with in the midfield will struggle as we do not press and lose the midfield battle ,graphically shown at Spurs ,sorry fanboys these are football lessons you nedd to learn.

The results over the last season or so somehow point out that we get better results when we don't have that "solid midfield".

Ofcourse, "solid midfield" is an OPINION while results are a FACT.

The results over the last season or so somehow point out that we get better results when we don't have that "solid midfield".

Ofcourse, "solid midfield" is an OPINION while results are a FACT.

Bloody hell. That's probably the most hilarious statement I've read on this forum.

I don't want to continue the debate further, agree to disagree. :)

You're now my daily source of entertainment,

That says a lot.

We needed someone who would aid in faster transitions to fuel our counter-attacks.

That's what we've wanted Mikel to do for years, and something that he's disappointed at. People talk about what a DM is supposed to do, but when in possession I want him to ship that ball on as fast as possible to more creative players and it's frustrating watching Mikel trot around the park in his own time slowing us down. The backwards passes are fine with me - just make them quicker. Force the opposition to readjust, shift them around by putting pace on the ball.

But yeah, he's just a scapegoat. :rolleyes:

That says a lot.

I'm not sure whether that was a sarcastic reply, or not.
That's what we've wanted Mikel to do for years, and something that he's disappointed at. People talk about what a DM is supposed to do, but when in possession I want him to ship that ball on as fast as possible to more creative players and it's frustrating watching Mikel trot around the park in his own time slowing us down. The backwards passes are fine with me - just make them quicker. Force the opposition to readjust, shift them around by putting pace on the ball.

For me it depends on the type of opposition you're playing against. When he has been used so far, he has been very effective. So I have no complains about him when he has been used this season. You're welcome to disagree though.

But yeah, he's just a scapegoat.

Sarcastic or not, I don't know anymore. Not a believer of emoticons really. But he is one.

For me it depends on the type of opposition you're playing against. When he has been used so far, he has been very effective. So I have no complains about him when he has been used this season. You're welcome to disagree though.

He's been mixed. He had two good games against Everton and Fulham but was poor against Spurs. It's the same old inconsistency issue that we're getting 300 games into his Chelsea career.

Sarcastic or not, I don't know anymore. Not a believer of emoticons really. But he is one.

He really isn't a scapegoat - one person on here uses that pathetic argument and I think you really need to stop trying so hard to impress him. Form your own opinions because you've shown an ability to do that elsewhere.

He's been mixed. He had two good games against Everton and Fulham but was poor against Spurs. It's the same old inconsistency issue that we're getting 300 games into his Chelsea career.

He really isn't a scapegoat - one person on here uses that pathetic argument and I think you really need to stop trying so hard to impress him. Form your own opinions because you've shown an ability to do that elsewhere.

Not sure about the Spurs thing. I've said it before, Paulinho had a terrific game alongside Dembele and AVB aimed to make that pitch narrow . They suffocated passing lines , especially when Eriksen joined in with them. It was more due to the fact that Mikel had less options to spread the play, especially when Ramires was used to exploit Naughton. The whole game changed when he was brought in to the midfield.

Not sure which other guy you are talking about, but I'm pretty sure that this is my opinion, which I've had for several years before joining this forum. Collective mistakes always fall on his shoulder. My opinion, and not anyone else's. I hardly have anyone to impress, cause I'm pretty sure I'm in the good books of almost everyone, and that is me being humble.

Not sure about the Spurs thing. I've said it before, Paulinho had a terrific game alongside Dembele and AVB aimed to make that pitch narrow . They suffocated passing lines , especially when Eriksen joined in with them. It was more due to the fact that Mikel had less options to spread the play, especially when Ramires was used to exploit Naughton. The whole game changed when he was brought in to the midfield.

Personally I think when AVB plays that high line you need players who will work their bollocks off and pressure players like Dembele and Paulinho - in fact that's exactly the type of tactic Wenger used against us (in particular Mikel) when Arsenal destroyed us at the Bridge during AVB's tenure.

Mikel just isn't suited to those matches because he's so fucking lazy.

Not sure which other guy you are talking about, but I'm pretty sure that this is my opinion, which I've had for several years before joining this forum. Collective mistakes always fall on his shoulder. My opinion, and not anyone else's. I hardly have anyone to impress, cause I'm pretty sure I'm in the good books of almost everyone, and that is me being humble.

Well if being liked is important to you then you carry on the way you are. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to please people by being inoffensive.

But you do seem to suck up to one guy in particular. Maybe I'm wrong, but I also think you're completely wrong about Mikel being scapegoated. Most supporters are able to be fair to him which is why he was getting so much love from the home support against Fulham - people WANT him to do well but he simply disappoints on far too many occasions.

Personally I think when AVB plays that high line you need players who will work their bollocks off and pressure players like Dembele and Paulinho - in fact that's exactly the type of tactic Wenger used against us (in particular Mikel) when Arsenal destroyed us at the Bridge during AVB's tenure.

Mikel just isn't suited to those matches because he's so fucking lazy.

Well if being liked is important to you then you carry on the way you are. There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to please people by being inoffensive.

But you do seem to suck up to one guy in particular. Maybe I'm wrong, but I also think you're completely wrong about Mikel being scapegoated. Most supporters are able to be fair to him which is why he was getting so much love from the home support against Fulham - people WANT him to do well but he simply disappoints on far too many occasions.

Agree with the bolded part. Disagree with the rest.

But don't know how I said I want to please people. All I said is I don't have to cause I'm in the good books of everyone. Hardly know how it translates to me wanting myself to be liked by people, especially this one, which I have a feeling is either Nour, Stats or Alex. if I agree with the opinion of a person whose opinion you disagree with means that I suck up to over 200 people on the forum, then I don't know what to say really.