Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Mikel John Obi

Fulham Broadway
Followers 3

This is beautiful.

Mikel-Obi-with-the-Europa-Laeagu-trophy-

Champions of Europe II: The Return of Bosingwa

In this epic sequel to Champions of Europe I: The Top Drog, Bosingwa attempts to make amends with Chelsea fans for signing with QPR. How? By relegating them. However, the fans see through his ruse... He was actually trying to get enough money for a monobrow shave. And alas, Agent Monobrow takes over the body of Mikel for one last quest. To hog another European trophy and make sure he's remembered forever.

• Like 3
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

x lol

I'm not crying 

What does he do? attacking wise he offers next to nothing, defensively he's lazy, hardly ever tracks his man, rarely wins back the ball... when he does it takes him 30 seconds to actually release the

Posted Images

This is beautiful.

You gotta love the fact that he put everything on the line for this trophy, including his blood and guts.

"And we have to then play on Thursday night. What do they say? 'Thursday nights, Channel 5?' Hopefully next season we are not going to be in it. We are going to be prime time."

You would have thought he would have been out the back somewhere embarrassed about being in the Europa League judging by his comments on the competition, not fighting to lift it at the front ,just glad our other players who Mikel is not in the same class as were motoivated to win another European trophy for our club. If Rafa got one thing right it was dropping Mikel ,he thinks he is a lot better than many fans who have to put up with his performances .

• Like 2

So now we're criticizing him for criticizing it? Because did we not do the same, then celebrate avidly when we won the competition? Smh, the hypocrisy..

• Like 3

You may have ,but then you may have not been around when we won nothing for years .

Didnt hear Lampard saying this Europa League is to small for me and I am a Champions League player ,no he was out there playing to win it for Chelsea.

• Like 3

You may have ,but then you may have not been around when we won nothing for years .

Didnt hear Lampard saying this Europa League is to small for me and I am a Champions League player ,no he was out there playing to win it for Chelsea.

This, combined with the fact that he was strolling around the pitch clearly not giving two shits in the match right after these comments (Kazan 2nd leg) are more than enough to convince anyone of how awful his attitude was. Then combine it with this trophy crap and...well.. that just leaves me with nothing else to say to be perfectly honest.

Whatever, there's no point in beating a dead horse with a stick, so let's just talk about something more... important.

• Like 1

I was here too, that's irrelevant. If we were all satisfied by the Europa League we wouldn't be unhappy if we finished outside the top 4, so the self-righteous act doesn't really come into play here.

Just because Mikel said the competition isn't the prime time, which it's not, doesn't mean he wasn't out to win the competition. How many times have we laughed at Tottenham for playing Europa? Didn't we laugh at Man United last year for playing in there, and not winning it?

Mikel didn't even say he didn't want to win it!

Mikel didnt have the chance to win it ,he has been dropped and not before time .

This is beautiful.

does fuckall to help his team win the trophy and one of the first to get his hands on it. sums up mikel

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but the reasonable arguments are buried underneath mountains of BS and insults.

Nope, I won't bite, I have studying to do and I won't get into a pointless argument now. You want to know my opinion on Mikel is? I've stated it here countless times and explained it in great detail. You want to know what Mikel provides to the team? Here, read this: http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13977-john-mikel-obi-the-keystone/

that article is utter hogswash. keystone my arse.

• Like 1

And then people get offended when I say that most of the Mikel 'criticism' is just hare and insults :rolleyes:

we have a lower win % when he plays and concede more goals on average - speaks volumes about his job.

I was here too, that's irrelevant. If we were all satisfied by the Europa League we wouldn't be unhappy if we finished outside the top 4, so the self-righteous act doesn't really come into play here.

Just because Mikel said the competition isn't the prime time, which it's not, doesn't mean he wasn't out to win the competition. How many times have we laughed at Tottenham for playing Europa? Didn't we laugh at Man United last year for playing in there, and not winning it?

Mikel didn't even say he didn't want to win it!

Mikel's performances were utter rubbish in the competition.

Most of his performances in a Chelsea shirt have been average or below-par. He hasn't really evolved his game..from that young teenager we signed all those years ago.

To be honest, he's not even a vital part of our team...he only gets game time cause he's the only "experienced" DM in the first team squad.

I bet if he was this lazy at United, Fergie would have sold him by now...

And then people get offended when I say that most of the Mikel 'criticism' is just hare and insults :rolleyes:

Funny you did not reply after your last post, waited for one such reply and then generalized it to everyone.

• Like 1

No.

What Luiz does is create a massive gap with his ventures running into midfield. Why do you think he was put in that role in the first place? When he did at CB, the repercussions were disastrous. Now it's less noticeable because against weaker teams, our defense can cope.

Lampard's only in that position because we've had to accommodate for him. He shouldn't be sitting in front of our defensive line because he doesn't offer them the same amount of protection as an actual defensive midfield payer, like Mikel. The role of the central midfield is supposed to be one you don't notice, he's not the one that's going to grab the assists or goals. He'll go about his role unnoticeable. This is the mistake people make with that role.

The saying goes - "In a world of the blind, the squint rules". If Mikel is to be an out-and-out starter for Chelsea, he shouldn't be compared to our other midfielders. Compare him rather with Vidal, Fernandinho, Matuidi, Gonalons, Gundogan, Capoue etc and you see a big gulf in class.

Chelsea are 'settling' for Mikel at DM. Do DM's around the world go unnoticed? Ball-winning midfielders rarely go unnoticed and I thought Mikel was a ball-winner? How often does he actually 'win' the ball? We don't notice Mikel, not because he's doing his job unnoticed, It is because he is not influencing the game enough and by influence I mean Tackles/Interceptions

• Like 1

we have a lower win % when he plays and concede more goals on average - speaks volumes about his job.

Man City have a lower win % when Yaya Toure playing. So, that stats says nothing.