• Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Mount (sub)

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lampard's obsession with Kante is becoming unbearable. I can understand the need to play him as the lone defensive midfielder in front of the back 4 against Man City because of our counter attacking g

We have conceded more goals than Arsenal. And we laugh at their defence...

Put Giroud on. No wonder Abraham has been benched. He isn't good enough.

Posted Images

Just now, Mana said:

I'd rather us lose to Leicester in the FA Cup, then to lose here in the PL.

We need major surgery in that defense now. Our CBs and LB are shite and will ruin any hope of chasing CL next season.

Since the old days when we had Terry, Carvalho, Alex and Ivanovic at their peak, our defense has been full of mediocre players. In 2015 and 2017 the team had strong defensive systems, but the players were mediocre. All of them. Luiz, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Alonso and aging Terry. Just look at the quality of defenders we got in recent years: Alonso, Rudiger, Palmieri, Zapacosta and Rudiger. We aint going nowhere.

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am going to light some candles!

@Laylabelle is correct, Wolves have to now be at least equal chance for 5th (a CL place IF shitty lose the appeal)

this was a devastating loss

Antonio isn't even a natural CF. He isn't tall or good in the air. Yet he won seemingly every ball played long to him even with AC or Rudiger man marking him. That's completely unacceptable. VVD or Maguire dominate in those scenarios. VVD in particular would've totally shit those situations down. Our CB's BOTH get bullied by him.

Just now, Tomo said:

It's not as easy as people think to just flick the switch back on, i'd rather finish 5th sticking to the process than shithouse 4th. 

You're right. But I could see why Lampard decided to do it given this defense.

For me the most disappointing aspect was after how poor we played against Leicester, I fully expected that to be a wake up call but we've been poor and lethargic again. West Ham wanted it more and that's unacceptable.

Defensively it's just not good enough. We need a leader at the back, both for set pieces and to organise that back line in open play. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The fact there are zero rumors of us obtaining any centre backs, has me worried Lampard thinks they are good enough. 

We've been linked with Rice to play centre back.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

The fact there are zero rumors of us obtaining any centre backs, has me worried Lampard thinks they are good enough. 

he has said repeatedly that they are good enough and laughed out the need for transfers there

and he deffo does say when he thinks a position is fucked

those being LB, GK, CF

No reason in pumping any more money into trying to create a stellar front line when we are served that abysmal defence. Put prime Messi and Ronaldo into this line up and nothing would change, Chelsea's current defenders are total garbage.

Soyuncu, Romagnoli and God knows what other towering defenders are out there, all I know from tonight on Chelsea must prioritise the defence otherwise we're going nowhere.

• Like 1

My god we are so shit, typical Chelsea, this defense is a joke ffs, can't even hold on to a draw to save their lives, just get rid of all these deadwood defenders, fucking West Ham have done the double over us, let that sink in. We definitely don't deserve top 4, last season we were extremely lucky we had Hazard and other teams around us were so shit. Shambles of a team

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

@Laylabelle is correct, Wolves have to now be at least equal chance for 5th (a CL place IF shitty lose the appeal)

this was a devastating loss

Yeeep. They're also 2 points behind. We've lost 4 more games then them as well.  Just more draws on their side

And Leicester are still 3rd! They havent won a game yet

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

We've been linked with Rice to play centre back.

yes but not the wink and nod from Frank

Rice is pure press ginned up rumours

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

This and his love for Barkley are absolute beyond me. We should be signing at least 2cbs, 2lbs and a fucking goalie

• Like 3

Only opponents West Ham (22) and Aston Villa (19) have dropped more points from leading positions in this season’s Premier League than Chelsea (18)

Isn't that grand!!

• Like 1