• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Gilmour (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mount has insane stamina

Yes I mentioned this before, fully rested he is amazing. 

It is why he was good at the beginning and then faded away. 
It's impossible to sustain that level all season as it requires a lot of stamina as you mentioned. 

I think this is where Lampard needs to do a good job of rotation next season. Because once Mount stamina is gone, he is woeful. 

Amazing defensive performance! Rudi and Chris were both great! This may surprise some but no defensive issues with Alonso either. He did much better job against Mahrez than Emerson this season.

Even against Villa he was our only defender without big mistakes.

Set pieces are still our big problem and since this is the case we need to stop giving stupid fouls. Kante foul for KDB goal was completely unnecessary. Mahrez was going alone on Rudi and Chris in front of him...

We had 2 or 3 more situations like this.

Offensively we played on counters, this is fine, I like how Frank is flexible in terms of tactics and formation.

He is smart and he knows what needs to be done in the future. He mentioned in January transfer window that we lack creativity and that we need more in the final 3rd and this is true.

Even today all our best chances came from big City mistakes or something else...

Pulisic goal - huge Mendy mistake.

Mount big chance - Ederson mistake.

Second Pulisic chance - long Chris pass and again City defense mistake.

Chance before penalty - Willian solo action (and this happens rarely)

Midfielders did not produce anything. 

I mean just look at the stats. No Chelsea player have more than 6 assists this season.

This will change with Ziyech and even Werner. They have 34 assists combined this season.

Bright future ahead!

Like @NikkiCFC said it was a game of mistakes. City without striker is just dumb, tons of posseseion with 0 threat. They were much better when jesus and silva came on. 

On our side, Pulisic has been getting numbers which we have been missing when he was gone. Christensen was fantastic, but this is his game, no physical battle, playing as cover cb and he suddenly turn into world beater. 

Mount pressing is fantastic, the same with willian. Barkley i thought did ok, was surprised with his inclusion, I thought Kovacic for sure. 

Kante is kante, azpi is azpi. Alonso was the surprise. I was afraid of him vs Mahrez but he did well. 

3 hours ago, communicate said:

Like @NikkiCFC said it was a game of mistakes. City without striker is just dumb, tons of posseseion with 0 threat. They were much better when jesus and silva came on. 

On our side, Pulisic has been getting numbers which we have been missing when he was gone. Christensen was fantastic, but this is his game, no physical battle, playing as cover cb and he suddenly turn into world beater. 

Mount pressing is fantastic, the same with willian. Barkley i thought did ok, was surprised with his inclusion, I thought Kovacic for sure. 

Kante is kante, azpi is azpi. Alonso was the surprise. I was afraid of him vs Mahrez but he did well. 

Agreed that Mount would be the unsung hero in most of the matches because his work rate off the ball is superb. Christensen actually looked like a world beater. Alonso was more 70-30, there were time when Mahrez was able to easily get oast but overall he was better. Kante was average but good to see him back in the CDM role. 

The only thing I defer completely is Willian pressing ... he was so out of his element other than his goal (which was superb)... generally he presses a lot but yest most part of the game he was just strolling. I felt Giroud was pressing so much more than him. Maybe he has a niggle or something. 

3 points against a team over us in the table ... In our current context with United and Wolves (yes Wolves ... never thought) chasing us for European places, this is a huge result. 

There are issues but with reinforcements coming in and getting intergrated in our current system next season looks exciting ... 

Go Blues!!!

34 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Agreed that Mount would be the unsung hero in most of the matches because his work rate off the ball is superb. Christensen actually looked like a world beater. Alonso was more 70-30, there were time when Mahrez was able to easily get oast but overall he was better. Kante was average but good to see him back in the CDM role. 

The only thing I defer completely is Willian pressing ... he was so out of his element other than his goal (which was superb)... generally he presses a lot but yest most part of the game he was just strolling. I felt Giroud was pressing so much more than him. Maybe he has a niggle or something. 

Willian was so out of his element?

If you can give 2/3 instances that will be helpful.

34 minutes ago, communicate said:

Willian was so out of his element?

If you can give 2/3 instances that will be helpful.

Already mentioned it Non pressing most of time even when he could press and lot of time he wasnt making those runs which he usually does... that all the instances, few things does right. LIke said not sure if it was a niggle or a withdrawn role, not sure. Hence for me he was out of his elements. 

31 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Already mentioned it Non pressing most of time even when he could press and lot of time he wasnt making those runs which he usually does... that all the instances, few things does right. LIke said not sure if it was a niggle or a withdrawn role, not sure. Hence for me he was out of his elements. 

Give me like minutes or something. I can't remember any instance where i am unhappy with his pressing 

A very disciplined performance from Kante. He wasn't baited out of his position nor did he expose the players behind him.

The guy is simply a world class player. We are better with him than without him which is is the exact opposite of Jorginho.

5 minutes ago, communicate said:

Give me like minutes or something. I can't remember any instance where i am unhappy with his pressing 

Thats fine, mate ... What i mentioned was based on first hand thing, havent gone back to the match again ...