Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Timo Werner

Jase

23 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Just going back to this, I wonder if this was just Matt Law stirring up shit after back-to-back losses or did Werner's agent really went and leaked info to the press? As much as the lack of Champions League minutes has been bewildering, Werner has played 298 minutes this past month and started 3 of the last 4 games. Think that's not too bad? And it also came after Tuchel said Werner shook off some early season disappointment and was training better and sharper etc. Only Lukaku has played more minutes during the period. Mount was injured and off form. Havertz and Ziyech were underwhelming. Pulisic of course injured. I suppose this will become a bigger issue (along with some others) if the minutes and starts are low come January but I guess at the same time, it's also in Werner's hands to force Tuchel to play him more. 

3 hours ago, Jase said:

Here's something quirkier - since Lukaku arrived, only two other attackers have scored - Werner and Havertz - and that Havertz goal came from a corner. 

And here's our full goalscorers list for the season:

Lukaku - 4
Werner - 2
Chalobah - 2
James - 1
Havertz - 1
Rudiger - 1
Silva - 1
Kante - 1
Chilwell - 1
Ziyech - 1
Pulisic - 1
Alonso - 1

Missing Kovacic also with 1.

Still waiting for CHO and Mount first goal. And also Jorginho pens. Saul, Azpi, RLC and Barkley should score some as well. Chris no chance 😆

His interplay with Lukaku today was promising. They looked for each other constantly. Lukaku made some nice layoffs for him. Their job was easier given that Southampton almost got 0 protection for their back four. if werner+lukaku were a bit more technically accomplished they could have had a hattrick each today. that is always the danger of having two strikers with similar technical weaknesses. Other than that i think he has been improving every game and slowly regaining his confidence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Important goal after injury. He was also scoring before injury, so nice he continues. Puli was not good today so Timo should start with CHO and Ziyech against UTD. 

Pulisic did very well running himself to the ground making Juv defenders with high speed. Yes he made one or two wrong decisions but his overall performance was good. On the other hand I also prefer Timo starting against Man utd.