Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

I mean if even Tuchel can't get the best out of him, especially with his assistant coach, who used to coach him, who else can? 🙄

I would be happy with him despite not scoring goals if he had a good first touch. I mean Zouma has a bad touch, but at least he is a CB. Werner is a striker ffs. Why do people like Werner or Lukaku never work on their basics? 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Jota would have been less risky to buy than Werner. Jota is at least PL-proven and one of Wolves' best players.

Prefer Neto to Jota to be honest. I think that boy could be something special. Top work rate and very good close control. 

Edited by King Kante

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

It is not like Klopp never had flops. He bought Keita, who was not PL material and Mina did not perform well either. Who knows how this new CB from Schalke is going to turn out

Hard to judge Keita properly when he has been injury prone since joining Liverpool.

Don't think Minamino was ever signed to be a first choice.

Kabak was clearly a desperate signing given their injury situation. The fact it's only a loan deal says it all. 

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

It is not like Klopp never had flops. He bought Keita, who was not PL material and Mina did not perform well either. Who knows how this new CB from Schalke is going to turn out

I do not think Kloop picks many of the signings to be fair, I think Liverpool's signings are largely decided by their analytics team. 

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I would be happy with him despite not scoring goals if he had a good first touch. I mean Zouma has a bad touch, but at least he is a CB. Werner is a striker ffs. Why do people like Werner or Lukaku never work on their basics? 

I don't know why I'm doing this but I'll bite again. With the way people go on about Werner's bad touch, one would think every - and I mean EVERY - pass to him has resulted in a loss of possession. There are people who keep on complaining about Werner's touch and the same ones who would keep quiet over Abraham's bambi on ice control, for example.

7 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I do not think Kloop picks many of the signings to be fair, I think Liverpool's signings are largely decided by their analytics team. 

Think Klopp does get his fair amount of say at Liverpool. Otherwise, I'm not sure he would have stayed there for so long if all the players bought are dictated by someone else. Am sure there's a proper collaboration between Klopp and their sporting director when it comes to transfers, instead of one trying to impose themselves over the other. 

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think Klopp does get his fair amount of say at Liverpool. Otherwise, I'm not sure he would have stayed there for so long if all the players bought are dictated by someone else. Am sure there's a proper collaboration between Klopp and their sporting director when it comes to transfers, instead of one trying to impose themselves over the other. 

At BVB, their scouts identified most of their talents like Lewandoswki for instance. So I think Klopp is used to be just a coach

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know why I'm doing this but I'll bite again. With the way people go on about Werner's bad touch, one would think every - and I mean EVERY - pass to him has resulted in a loss of possession. There are people who keep on complaining about Werner's touch and the same ones who would keep quiet over Abraham's bambi on ice control, for example.

I am pretty sure that Tammy's first touch is better than Werner's. Do you know where I can look up such kind of stat😂

Good game against Atletico.
People talk about his first touch, but I see that it is just not very consistent atm like the rest of his game. That turn and shot (stopped by the goalie) was really good and the first touch, perfect.

Just needs to settle a bit more and start turning some of the shots into goals. He does not have to become a prolific scorer to be a great player imo, just improve that final pass/shot.

Perhaps now playing in a better system (imo it is) will give him the confidence to do just that.

BTW, has been diving a bit too much for my taste.

Edited by robsblubot

On 23/02/2021 at 23:41, robsblubot said:

Good game against Atletico.
People talk about his first touch, but I see that it is just not very consistent atm like the rest of his game. That turn and shot (stopped by the goalie) was really good and the first touch, perfect.

Just needs to settle a bit more and start turning some of the shots into goals. He does not have to become a prolific scorer to be a great player imo, just improve that final pass/shot.

Perhaps now playing in a better system (imo it is) will give him the confidence to do just that.

BTW, has been diving a bit too much for my taste.

"Good game"???? Is this what it has come down to? We are in trouble if people even believe he an alright game, because he was awful.

He might come good in the future but for now he has to sit on the bench like any other player that underperforms.

On 21/02/2021 at 19:02, Mana said:

Jota would have been less risky to buy than Werner. Jota is at least PL-proven and one of Wolves' best players.

Aye it is all good saying that after he’s went to Liverpool had a good start and scored the 7 goals he has in all competitions. Nobody even mentioned him at the time last season or in the summer and lets be honest a lot would not have done. If he hadn’t had the impact he had there before his injury, I doubt many people would be that bothered. Good player yes but was a surprise to many he went to Liverpool and an even bigger surprise he had that drastic an impact. Whether or not it was just an incredibly good start that will settle out as he returns or the expectations he’s set for himself, who knows? I doubt many people seen it coming either way.

On 22/02/2021 at 12:37, killer1257 said:

Both Serie A and Bundesliga are a dream of pacy strikers, because both league's can't handle fast strikers. 

Would that basically not be the same for any pacey attacking players then, not just strikers? So clubs should just avoid buying from those leagues 😁😂

On 21/02/2021 at 21:39, Jason said:

But don't think the setup at Liverpool is quite the same though. 

I think regardless of who picks them, the signings ultimately have to fit their recruitment strategy, which since their owners took over whenever it was has probably been largely based on younger players with potential to grow and with resale value incase they decided to leave (ie Suarez and Coutinho in the past, Sterling from the academy) although now they’ve won a few trophies they’d probably want to adapt that approach. Which I think they did spending larger sums on van Dijk and Alisson to take them to the next level. But it was the only logical next step for where they were at at that time. 

I think with Klopp other than Klavan and Thiago most of the signings they’ve made have fitted that sort of age range of say 20-26. Not that they signed to resell but there was rumblings about them being cautious about signing Thiago due to his age which goes against their recruitment strategy. I think now like most clubs, the manager probably has areas that they want improved upon but generally the transfer strategy is probably made up by technical or sporting directors or whoever based off a criteria and positions, then they go from there bringing the manager back into it saying we think option x, y, z may suit this position or that one based off these scouting reports or analytical data. Managers are changing that commonly across Europe also so I think clubs maybe have to take things i to their hands a bit and maybe make managers work with less of a say in transfers or recruitment as 10-15 years ago.

Edited by OneMoSalah