Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You just love Werner and hate Tammy. Tammy has a much better link up play than Werner and his first touch is miles ahead of Werner. And no, I don't hate Werner.

I hate Abraham? Have you seen me abuse him or anything? If criticism of a player is somehow considered as hating someone, then one could easily say you hate Werner or hell, YOU HATE MOUNT!

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Even German Sky commentators say that Werner has a bad first touch in every match. Every match, yes. I am not exaggerating actually on this one.

I wonder what about Abraham...

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

It is funny that it is always the fault of the coach. Werner had many years to improve his game and still has the same weaknesses he always had. Why?

Because it can be a work in progress? Not everyone is born with clean technique or is the finished article by 24.

And likewise, what about Abraham? He also has had years to improve his game, his technique but he plays like a bambi on ice with a bouncy castle-esque technique. 

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

We never lost with ziyech btw.

So? It will happen sooner or later.

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

And I criticize Tammy heavily on being garbage with his aerial threat and currently I don't see him improving in that aspect either.

Yay, good for you...

Yay, good for you...
I have been watching Mount for years from his youth days and I love him way more than most of you guys do. He just is not as good as many hype him up to be. I would love him to turn into Xavi or Iniesta type of player, but I don't see the hype. I want what is best for the club, not what player I like the most. In my opinion, both Foden and Maddison are better players than Mount.

And I think that our youth has long term wise better players than Tammy and I stated that in other threads.

German Sky commentators critizised Tammy for making weird runs. I agree with that. Hasselbaink has also pointed it out. I agree. I know his flaws and never said he was flawless.

If Lampard gets the sack, we will see if the next coach can turn Werner into Bundesliga Werner. It is always the coaches fault, never the players that are not good enough.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I have been watching Mount for years from his youth days and I love him way more than most of you guys do. He just is not as good as many hype him up to be. I would love him to turn into Xavi or Iniesta type of player, but I don't see the hype. I want what is best for the club, not what player I like the most. In my opinion, both Foden and Maddison are better players than Mount.

Mount hater!

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If Lampard gets the sack, we will see if the next coach can turn Werner into Bundesliga Werner. It is always the coaches fault, never the players that are not good enough.

For starters, maybe Lampard should try to utilize Werner properly instead of throwing him out wide and playing him like a winger. Never mind Werner's flaws, Lampard's usage of him right is helping no one. It doesn't look good on Lampard especially because it's his signing, it doesn't look good on Werner and it's not benefitting us in any way. If Werner struggles to make an impact even after being used properly and all that, then we'll talk again. Otherwise, everything that is happening now is complete BS. 

How about putting Werner up front instead of Abraham? Where Werner scores most of his goals? Until that happens, it's not the players' fault. Werner is not a natural winger.
Werner scores most of his goals as a second striker. Watch his Bundesliga games again

6 hours ago, Mana said:

He is, just lost. That’s the coach’s job to give him direction. The tactics for Werner provided by Lampard made him worse.

I thought we bought Werner as a replacement for Abraham who is never good enough leading the line. Instead Werner has to accommodate him, to give assists.

This is so poor.

Agree.

2 minutes ago, Milan said:

A question to the statsman - how many games did Werner start as CF at Chelsea? And what are his stats in those games? 

5 games.

W 3-1 Brighton - Won the penalty for the opening goal

D 3-3 Southampton - Scored twice and assisted the other

D 0-0 Sevilla

D 0-0 Man United

W 4-0 Krasnodar - Won a penalty (which Jorginho failed to convert). Scored one (from the penalty spot) and assisted one

The Sevilla and Man United were the ones Lampard parked the bus of course.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Lampard simply does not know how to use him. Werner has been poor recently but it's on Lampard. Werner is a 30-35 goal striker for 3 years now. He cant just turn to rubbish unless he is being played completely out of position like now. 

And Lampard's whole tactics seems to be switch to the fullbacks and cross it into the box. Thats why he cant bench Abraham to play Werner through the middle, because Lampards tactics is to cross only (David Moyes Style) and hope something happens. No single link up plays through the middle, no one twos, no dribbles through the centre, just pass between our centrebacks, switch to the fullbacks and cross into the box :doh: 

The moment Ziyech got injured (our only player that can play through the middle) and James started playing with an injury (our best crosser) Lampard's true tactical naivety has been exposed. 

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

This is the reason why he should not have played CF today without Ziyech. Should have either not subbed of Giroud or put Tammy into the game instead.
Werner is useless without space or world class passes

Nope, he is only useless in the striker position if the tactics is to spam high crosses and hope one comes off

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

This is the reason why he should not have played CF today without Ziyech. Should have either not subbed of Giroud or put Tammy into the game instead.
Werner is useless without space or world class passes

I have no fucking clue why Lampard even put Werner upfront to begin with if he wasn't going to ask the players to stop spamming crosses into the box and asked them to look for early passes instead! :doh: 

You can talk about us not having Ziyech till the cows come home but no one, NOT ONE FUCKING PLAYER, even tried to look for his run and play a forward pass for him to run into, especially when Villa were leaving gaps around. Instead, we kept passing backwards and sideways and then tried to spam crosses into the box (we even saw Christensen and Rudiger stupidly passing the ball to one another in the 88th minute!). It was the same case when Giroud was still on the pitch but at least the spamming crosses approach worked with him, even if it's predictable. But trying to do that when Werner was on the field? :doh: It's just stupid, braindead football.

And by the way, Ziyech didn't play against Southampton earlier this season and we still managed to make use of Werner's strengths when he played upfront then. The one player who could maybe played Fabregas-esque passes was taken off in the second half. 

8 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Nope, he is only useless in the striker position if the tactics is to spam high crosses and hope one comes off

If we want to play crosses so badly, fine but vary the crosses. Go high, go low, drill it across the goal, whip it into the box etc. But do we always do? Put high crosses into the box and only Abraham and Giroud have a chance of winning them.

Liverpool and Man City also play with **** ton of crosses but there's variation with them. City, for example, at their best would work the ball wide and look to drill in low crosses for someone to get a tap-in inside the box. 

If we want to play crosses so badly, fine but vary the crosses. Go high, go low, drill it across the goal, whip it into the box etc. But do we always do? Put high crosses into the box and only Abraham and Giroud have a chance of winning them.
Liverpool and Man City also play with **** ton of crosses but there's variation with them. City, for example, at their best would work the ball wide and look to drill in low crosses for someone to get a tap-in inside the box. 
I don't think that our players have the quality to have different cross variations. Only James has the quality, but he had the quality since I was watching him play in the youth

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I don't think that our players have the quality to have different cross variations. Only James has the quality, but he had the quality since I was watching him play in the youth

But this is something that can be worked on. Regardless of whether someone can do it or not, I find it appalling if a team can only play one type of crosses. It won't be successful every time but god damn it, vary the crosses! Try them!