Timo Werner

Captain Ahmed

29 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

First of all, he is not a CF. Secondly, if people want him as a winger, he may be very fast, but he also lacks in some World class technical abilities. Man United has Rashford and he is better than Werner. Mane is better than Werner. All City wingers are better than Werner.
He may be better than our wingers, but I would prefer getting other wingers with more technical abilities than Werner.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

He ain't better than Pulisic as a winger...

46 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

First of all, he is not a CF. Secondly, if people want him as a winger, he may be very fast, but he also lacks in some World class technical abilities. Man United has Rashford and he is better than Werner. Mane is better than Werner. All City wingers are better than Werner.
He may be better than our wingers, but I would prefer getting other wingers with more technical abilities than Werner.

Puli is better for me as a winger, but if we do get him ( fat chance ) then he will game as a striker for sure.

42 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I do not know where you are getting this winger talk from because I have not seen any. If he is going to play out wide, it would be an inside forward like he has been doing at RB Leipzig. Furthermore, given Lampard likes to be flexible and change the system/formation around, Werner's ability to play in different attacking positions or roles would come in very handy. Also you said he is not as good as this player or that player but the way I look at it is, if we were to get him (HA!), we would not only be buying him for the immediate period but also long term. He is only 24 years old and there is still plenty of room for him to grow and improve. I do not understand why people seem fixated with the notion a player cannot become better, adapt, improve etc especially when they are still young in their career. All those players you alluded to were not perfect when they were younger. They got better as they continued their development year in year out and someone like Mane was not as good 4-5 years ago as he is now. I am sure even you would have taken note how much Werner has improved since his Stuttgart days and he certainly does seem like someone with the ambition to get better. 

On 28/05/2020 at 5:32 PM, Jason said:

I do not know where you are getting this winger talk from because I have not seen any. If he is going to play out wide, it would be an inside forward like he has been doing at RB Leipzig. Furthermore, given Lampard likes to be flexible and change the system/formation around, Werner's ability to play in different attacking positions or roles would come in very handy. Also you said he is not as good as this player or that player but the way I look at it is, if we were to get him (HA!), we would not only be buying him for the immediate period but also long term. He is only 24 years old and there is still plenty of room for him to grow and improve. I do not understand why people seem fixated with the notion a player cannot become better, adapt, improve etc especially when they are still young in their career. All those players you alluded to were not perfect when they were younger. They got better as they continued their development year in year out and someone like Mane was not as good 4-5 years ago as he is now. I am sure even you would have taken note how much Werner has improved since his Stuttgart days and he certainly does seem like someone with the ambition to get better. 

lets get him!!

I think (for the first time in months) we have a shot

Timo Werner is ready to sign his contract as new Chelsea player until June 2025 on next days - paperworks time. Liverpool have not sent any official bid to hijack the move.

Chelsea will pay €55M to RB Leipzig. Timo has already spoken directly with Frank Lampard. 🔵 #CFC